Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it's even a question of whether the police will allow it (which i doubt).

Could their ground even accommodate the requirements for a live tv game? Unlikely from what i remember of it.

I'd say it's almost certainly likely to be held at Dartford or Welling.
    Or Bromley which has just had a televised FA Cup Game against League 1 opposition.
  • Options
    All the comments saying Police won’t allow it …. Why ?

It’s an attendance of 1200 or so. Hardly a massive crowd, that would require the Met to cancel all leave.  So Charlton get 300 tickets. Obviously these will be rampaging skinhead thugs from the 70’s. 

The 300 who get tickets will be Season ticket holding fans, with massive away points in the bank. I don’t really see these fans are likely to be a risk element, in Police terms. Therefore a few stewards and couple coppers should be enough.

The only reason it could be moved is if the infrastructure required to put the game on TV can not be accommodated. Or if not chosen for TV then if Cray want to cash in on a larger gate at a local venue.

But what about the home fans? Not the 150 hardly regulars, but fans of other clubs like Millwall who'll come along for the night
    Or heaven forbid might be highly deluded Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    It won't be at Bromley due to the pitch. 
    They just played their 1st round cup match on it on Friday so how come its now not suitable ?  Can Kirk not play on a 3G pitch ? 
    Kirk can only play on paper.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Having had time to think about it, I think there's a case for putting the exact same team out. 

- It protects our better players 
    - It provides consequences for the lack of effort first time around 
    - It provides a chance at redemption 

There is, of course, a pretty bug argument against - we could lose! But...its not out of the question that Appleton could put those players back in again 
    I was hoping we wouldn't make any subs on Sunday so as to see if the selected first 11 could overcome the opposition. To then see our "big guns" off the bench diluted the spectacle and compounded the embarrassment.

Now some are worried if our 'internationals' will be available for the replay. What a mockery this tie, and specifically CVPM's comparative success so far, makes of Charlton's standing in the professional game and maybe of the professional game more generally.  For all the infrastructure, professional contracts and coaching on our side, 11 part timers turn up, hold their shape for 90 minutes, with decent fitness levels and some technical ability, and that's enough. If they do this to us again, given the gulf in league places, I think plenty will see it as a victory for non-league football as a whole. We wouldnt live it down as it would be  historic, and historically bad from our perspective.

• Options
    sm said:
    Capacity of 1,000. They had more than that in the Jimmy Seed today. They should see if a local club can host it for them. The Valley maybe? 😜
    Let them have the West Stand and the PA system and announcers (couldn't be worse?) and we could all go in the Jimmy Seed to see if the accoustics really are better?
    Never been in the Jimmy Seed, so would be up for that  :)  
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    sm said:
    Capacity of 1,000. They had more than that in the Jimmy Seed today. They should see if a local club can host it for them. The Valley maybe? 😜
    Let them have the West Stand and the PA system and announcers (couldn't be worse?) and we could all go in the Jimmy Seed to see if the accoustics really are better?
    Was in there for the first day back at the Valley, so my memory is slightly skewed. I did however paint a load of the metalwork a nice shade of Charlton Red in my volunteering days. Also the floor, concrete and my trousers as the paint was a bit skinny. I found the trousers in the back of my wardrobe the other day and was immediately transported back to the covered end.
  • Options
    Given the game is in a weeks time surely they have to make a decision on the venue pretty soon?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    sm said:
    Was in there for the first day back at the Valley, so my memory is slightly skewed. I did however paint a load of the metalwork a nice shade of scarlet in my volunteering days.
    Weirdly I can vividly remember all of the times I sat in the Jimmy Seed:
     - last game 85

- First game 92

- West Ham boxing day 92 Bumstead scored with a one-two off the post. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-wsPvLEkM

- Burnley FA Cup 94 - Pardew scored a great header.

• Options
    Given the game is in a weeks time surely they have to make a decision on the venue pretty soon?
    True, fans will need to make travel arrangements  
    :smile:
    We will do, as the whole allocation has been given to the Dubai Addicks supporters club!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    True, fans will need to make travel arrangements  
    :smile:
    Too late, coach from Maidstone already left.

Cutting that fine
  • Options
    Yeah they're cutting it fine to re-arrange the venue. Im not sure which is a more complicated process, sorting out Cray Valleys ground to be replay worthy or trying to ponce someone else's for the eve. 
  • Options
    IMO it should only be moved if health and safety concerns outweigh the risks.
  • Options
    Having had time to think about it, I think there's a case for putting the exact same team out. 

- It protects our better players 
    - It provides consequences for the lack of effort first time around 
    - It provides a chance at redemption 

There is, of course, a pretty bug argument against - we could lose! But...its not out of the question that Appleton could put those players back in again 
    I was hoping we wouldn't make any subs on Sunday so as to see if the selected first 11 could overcome the opposition. To then see our "big guns" off the bench diluted the spectacle and compounded the embarrassment.

Now some are worried if our 'internationals' will be available for the replay. What a mockery this tie, and specifically CVPM's comparative success so far, makes of Charlton's standing in the professional game and maybe of the professional game more generally.  For all the infrastructure, professional contracts and coaching on our side, 11 part timers turn up, hold their shape for 90 minutes, with decent fitness levels and some technical ability, and that's enough. If they do this to us again, given the gulf in league places, I think plenty will see it as a victory for non-league football as a whole. We wouldnt live it down as it would be  historic, and historically bad from our perspective.

And that’s what Appleton has to get across to our players.
    Wonder what the SMT make about it Charlie boy and co have been very quite lately?
  • Options
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/cray-valley-pm-replay-live-bbc-two

Charlton's Emirates FA Cup first round replay against Cray Valley PM will be shown live on BBC Two.

As a result, the fixture will now take place at the Millers' Artic Stadium on Wednesday, November 15th (KO 7.45pm GMT), with both clubs receiving a live broadcast fee.

Ticket details for the tie will be announced in due course.

• Options
    Carnage 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Charlton's Emirates FA Cup first round replay against Cray Valley PM will be shown live on BBC Two.

As a result, the fixture will now take place at the Millers' Artic Stadium on Wednesday, November 15th (KO 7.45pm GMT), with both clubs receiving a live broadcast fee.

We shouldn't take any. I believe that we are "allowed" 15%  (150?) and if so the "points" system will still mean loads of people in Phase 1 wont even get close to getting one. 

Stupid decision imo. 
  • Options
    Are they announcing that it’s going to take place at CVPM’s ground because it’s been definitively decided that it will be hosted there, or because it’s the default location in lieu of agreeing to play it somewhere else?
  • Options
    I wonder what the smallest ground, in terms of attendance, has held a Cup match which involves a very local derby which at the first game had in excess of 6000 people attend. 

I mean, this isn't Bromley v Blackpool is it ?
  • Options
    If Pompey started at 600 loyalty points. What you reckon 700+ for phase 1. Phase 2 690.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    shirty5 said:

We shouldn't take any. I believe that we are "allowed" 15%  (150?) and if so the "points" system will still mean loads of people in Phase 1 wont even get close to getting one. 

Stupid decision imo. 
    For the ones that do get tickets, good luck to them. 

For everyone else if you so wish it’s there to watch on the beeb 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001sw45

So that’s another 25 grand each for both clubs in tv revenue 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    All tickets that we will be given are taken up by all our owners and members of the SMT.

I will be watching on the BBC
  • Options
    Crazy decision!!!, should have been at Welling/Dartford/Hamlet,