Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• *if we actually manage to beat Cray Valley obvs
  • edited November 2023
    The smaller teams usually only get one go at it. Can see a comfortable 4-0….
    Nah, I can see it maybe ending up a comfortable 0-4...🙄
  • se9addick said:
    I went to gillingham for the pre season friendly. 
    Charlton fans were put in a side stand with gillingham fans behind both goals. 
    No idea where we will be situated in the cup  ( provided we beat Cray ).
    No idea how many tickets we will get either 
    We'll be behind the goal as per usual.

For regular games they only open it when they have a big away attendance
    I think the top half of the stand behind the goal is condemned (not sure how the whole thing wasn’t condemned years ago) so will likely be the lower half of that stand and a bit along the sides. 
    Either way, it's always a soul destroying, grey and ultimately joyless fixture.  Not just the football, as I live down that way!
  • Ignoring all comments about how bad we were in the first leg, lucky to not lose at home etc.... Charlton 1/4 odds to beat an 8th division team is wild
    We’re 6/4 to win both halves.

Surely this is the bet to go for.

Play the first team & get the job done (10 days rest before the next league game)
    Good shout - I think that 6/4 is a great price and have lumped what for me is a max bet on.

If we don't win both halves here after what happened in the first game....
  • All that nervous passing across the back to come with Parker and Lisbie lively for them, I am going Cray -1 handicap @33/1. Some emotional insurance at least.
  • sholland said:
    Does anyone know when the collection from The Valley ones have to be collected by?
    Need to collect by 5pm on Wednesday from Ticket Office, after that collect from main reception up until 7pm.

The away ground does not have the facilities to collect from the ground.
    Just rang up to find this out as well, handy this as I will be getting into Charlton at 6 to get the ticket and making my way there. If it was 5pm I would have had to go from Kent today just to get the ticket.
  • sholland said:
    Does anyone know when the collection from The Valley ones have to be collected by?
    Need to collect by 5pm on Wednesday from Ticket Office, after that collect from main reception up until 7pm.

Just rang up to find this out as well, handy this as I will be getting into Charlton at 6 to get the ticket and making my way there. If it was 5pm I would have had to go from Kent today just to get the ticket.
    Odd that they did not mention the option of collecting from main reception in the email they sent out earlier.
  • edited November 2023
    sholland said:
    sholland said:

Odd that they did not mention the option of collecting from main reception in the email they sent out earlier.
    Yeah no idea, maybe to discourage people from doing it? But the ticket lady said that the ticket office will close as normal at 5 but security at main reception will be there handing out tickets with valid proof of codes until 7pm 
  • Sponsored links:

• sholland said:

So hopefully the back is behaving itself now...and don't forget the old shooting stick to rest it up tomorrow night..🙄
  • sholland said:

So hopefully the back is behaving itself now...and don't forget the old shooting stick to rest it up tomorrow night..🙄
    With all the rain we’ve had of late chances are if anybody really did plant a shooting stick on a grass bank and sit on it the stick would probably keep on going all the way down into the ground
  • sholland said:

The back is getting there, on pain killers and physio is booked as they want to just make sure it isn't something more long term. One thing they did say though which made my ears perk up a bit was that I immediately need to call 999 if I struggle to go toilet for a prolonged period. Had no trouble after receiving that information of course 😂

Hopefully the weather holds up but I'll be there straight from work, hopefully get there with ample time to make a decent enough video 
  • edited November 2023
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:

With all the rain we’ve had of late chances are if anybody really did plant a shooting stick on a grass bank and sit on it the stick would probably keep on going all the way down into the ground
    Grass Bank! It’s not Harlow Town away from home back in 1980
     Or Selhurst latterly Sainsburys End 1968/69 FA Cup replay, Ray Tracey at the double 2-0.
  • Is there actually going to be a segregated away section (and will it have access to the bar…)?
  • Have they got undersoil heating at Badgers?
    Sett to be installed soon.
    Boiler will be connected up in 2025 though
  • edited November 2023
    se9addick said:
    Is there actually going to be a segregated away section (and will it have access to the bar…)?
    Yes A segregated section in the corner as shown in my post on page 25 (unless either club has since clarified differently)- in which case access via far end of their car park through a set of double gates. 

Clubhouse will only be accessible to home fans during the game though maybe accessible for all fans before the game as there is an access point near their turnstiles from outside (near end of the car park), but they will have to have planned this in advance for it to work. With the number of home fans I doubt they will open the Clubhouse to away fans before the game tbh.

I presume temporary loos and catering facilities will be in place for our fans tomorrow.

Clubhouse with outdoor area visible through the fence next to their turnstiles -as near as you might get on the night!:

• se9addick said:
    Rain is due to stop by 3pm today and then dry until after the match (according to the Met Office) so hopefully the pitch will be playable.
    Anyone still thinking about entering from the allotments should remember that this level of rainfall means that the Quaggy will be in full dribble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    @GetYerCoreyOut my phase 3 ticket arrived in today's post
    Still not come for me yet, will ring the ticket office tomorrow morning.
  • Barnsley currently showing what needs to be done…
  • Barnsley currently showing what needs to be done…
    Solid from them. 3G pitch probably to their favour tonight too.
  • Seriously considering some kind of silent protest if we lose this.
  • Does anyone know when the collection from The Valley ones have to be collected by?
    Was told 5 Wednesday on Monday