Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:
    Does anyone know when the collection from The Valley ones have to be collected by?
    Need to collect by 5pm on Wednesday from Ticket Office, after that collect from main reception up until 7pm.

The away ground does not have the facilities to collect from the ground.
    Just rang up to find this out as well, handy this as I will be getting into Charlton at 6 to get the ticket and making my way there. If it was 5pm I would have had to go from Kent today just to get the ticket.
    So hopefully the back is behaving itself now...and don't forget the old shooting stick to rest it up tomorrow night..🙄
    With all the rain we’ve had of late chances are if anybody really did plant a shooting stick on a grass bank and sit on it the stick would probably keep on going all the way down into the ground
    Grass Bank! It’s not Harlow Town away from home back in 1980
     Or Selhurst latterly Sainsburys End 1968/69 FA Cup replay, Ray Tracey at the double 2-0.
    Errrm……..I think you mean the Holmesdale Road end.🙄
  • edited November 2023
    RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:
    Does anyone know when the collection from The Valley ones have to be collected by?
    Need to collect by 5pm on Wednesday from Ticket Office, after that collect from main reception up until 7pm.

Just rang up to find this out as well, handy this as I will be getting into Charlton at 6 to get the ticket and making my way there. If it was 5pm I would have had to go from Kent today just to get the ticket.
    So hopefully the back is behaving itself now...and don't forget the old shooting stick to rest it up tomorrow night..🙄
    With all the rain we’ve had of late chances are if anybody really did plant a shooting stick on a grass bank and sit on it the stick would probably keep on going all the way down into the ground
     Or Selhurst latterly Sainsburys End 1968/69 FA Cup replay, Ray Tracey at the double 2-0.
    No mate there was no segregation then and we were on the slippery mud banking terrace before the land Whitehorse Lane end was sold off to Sainsburys. 
  • It ain’t worth risking May getting clobbered by some non league centurion, like Leaburn was at Welling in pre season.
    Regardless of what happened in the first game, we have more than enough up front to win this - and win without risking the league’s top scorer. 
  • JaShea99 said:
    Valley11 said:
    People wanting May to start this one…madness. 
    Keep him well away imo. 
    I don’t get why you wouldn’t. We need to win, and he’s a player that’s makes that win much more likely.
    We don’t though do we? We need to win our next league game. We need to win more than we lose from now til May. We need to get promoted. It would be nice to progress to the second round of the FA cup…but we don’t need to.
    We absolutely do need to win this game.

I hope I'm wrong, but with or without May we aren't getting out of this division, up or down, this season. 
  • Seriously considering some kind of silent protest if we lose this.
    So am i.
    I'm going to hide from the spanners at work for at least a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    Valley11 said:
    People wanting May to start this one…madness. 
    Keep him well away imo. 
    I don’t get why you wouldn’t. We need to win, and he’s a player that’s makes that win much more likely.
    We don’t though do we? We need to win our next league game. We need to win more than we lose from now til May. We need to get promoted. It would be nice to progress to the second round of the FA cup…but we don’t need to.
    We absolutely do need to win this game.

I hope I'm wrong, but with or without May we aren't getting out of this division, up or down, this season. 
    More likely to get promoted than win the FA Cup though. 
  • I'm sticking £50 on Cray to sweeten up the embarrassment a bit.
  • At least it looks like being dry
  • INFORMATION FOR AWAY FANS
    Enjoy your stay but please note:
    - NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED TO BE BROUGHT INTO THE GROUND
    - AWAY FANS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE CLUBS BAR (there will be a designated away area with it's own entrance towards the bottom of the car park adjacent to the boxing gym) 
    No alcohol will be available in the away section although hot and soft drinks together with hot food can be obtained from a specially commissioned food & drink van being brought in for the evening. 
    - NEAREST PUB FOR AWAY FANS: The Bankers Draft, 80 Eltham High Street, 15 minutes walk to the ground.
  • At least it looks like being dry
    In the stands AND on the pitch
  • shirty5 said:
    INFORMATION FOR AWAY FANS
    - AWAY FANS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE CLUBS BAR (there will be a designated away area with it's own entrance towards the bottom of the car park adjacent to the boxing gym) 
    No alcohol will be available in the away section although hot and soft drinks together with hot food can be obtained from a specially commissioned food & drink van being brought in for the evening. 
    - NEAREST PUB FOR AWAY FANS: The Bankers Draft, 80 Eltham High Street, 15 minutes walk to the ground.
    The first two items of note appear to contradict one another.
  • Few of the bigger boys making amends for the naff first leg results last night - hopefully we do the same. I think we score 3 or 4 and this nonsense about us potentially losing blows over by HT
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:
    I received a text off a mate saying that there is a scaffold lorry that was there to help put up the commentary position for tonight and it is currently stuck in the corner of the pitch. The magic of the cup.
    At least it hasn't been left to the last minute......
  • Tonights the night!
  • shirty5 said:
    INFORMATION FOR AWAY FANS
    Know the bankers draft all too well, worked in the Ladbrokes next door as a shift manager for a few years and the one down the hill, some right characters in and out all day haha
  • RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:

What a game that was!!!
  • Off_it said:
    565, a few walk ups and the Stevenage fiasco have cost me dearly here. 

I'll never recover from missing this one 
    Have pm'd you, Braziliance . Can you get back to me ASAP, please.
    Just a special mention to the lovely Jean who helped me out in securing a ticket :) 
    To be honest mate, if you somehow managed to get a ticket despite not qualifying for one I think I would keep shtum about it.
    The only reason why I didn't qualify is I didn't get my away points due to walk ups and not assinging ownership to those tickets plus Stevenage, otherwise I would be well in the clear. I still went to those games that would have got me those points. 

Someone did something nice so I was crediting them..

-
    you don't have to justify yourself - am sure there are plenty of people who get tickets in similar way.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:

No mate there was no segregation then and we were on the slippery mud banking terrace before the land Whitehorse Lane end was sold off to Sainsburys. 
    Yep. And no Arthur Wait stand or Sainsburys. 
    I'm going for a 0 2 win tonight... so long as we don't get anyone sent off.