Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• edited November 2023
  • Ignoring all comments about how bad we were in the first leg, lucky to not lose at home etc.... Charlton 1/4 odds to beat an 8th division team is wild
    We were 1/10 in the first game and didn't win.

I know because i had us in the 'beat the bookie' challenge!
  •  I reckon the pitch could be a tad knackered
  • edited November 2023
    Ignoring all comments about how bad we were in the first leg, lucky to not lose at home etc.... Charlton 1/4 odds to beat an 8th division team is wild
    1/6 on William hill to win in 90 minutes with Cray Valley at 10/1 (same price as Horsham to beat Barnsley tonight).

Some of these other bets look half interesting, across extra time and penalties:

• Ignoring all comments about how bad we were in the first leg, lucky to not lose at home etc.... Charlton 1/4 odds to beat an 8th division team is wild
    1/6 on William hill to win in 90 minutes with Cray Valley at 10/1 (same price as Horsham to beat Barnsley tonight).

Some of these other bets look half interesting, across extra time and penalties:

Considering how inept Charlton looked in the first game and how CV's players were dropping like flies from about 80 minutes onward, a Charlton win in extra time looks very good value. 
  • You imagine the pitch will have an impact on the game. We'll need to be a bit more direct than usual.
  • I think we’ll have a fairly strong side out considering no game Saturday and the players away on international. 
  • If the pitch gets the green light, I reckon it’s penalties here we come lads!
  • Sponsored links:

• The smaller teams usually only get one go at it. Can see a comfortable 4-0….
    This, I am expecting a relaxing evenings viewing, the most worrying thing about tomorrow night is it means visiting one of the worst grounds in the country in the second round.
  • What’s the forecast? Because if the rain keeps up I could see the match being in doubt.
  • ValleyBen said:
    The smaller teams usually only get one go at it. Can see a comfortable 4-0….
    This, I am expecting a relaxing evenings viewing, the most worrying thing about tomorrow night is it means visiting one of the worst grounds in the country in the second round.
    Indeed, and not only the ground, the place itself is a shitehole of the highest order

Oh, and I think the shit away end is now only half the size it was - reduced because of (surprise, surprise) safety concerns !!!
  • Rain is due to stop by 3pm today and then dry until after the match (according to the Met Office) so hopefully the pitch will be playable.
  • I went to gillingham for the pre season friendly. 
    Charlton fans were put in a side stand with gillingham fans behind both goals. 
    No idea where we will be situated in the cup  ( provided we beat Cray ).
    No idea how many tickets we will get either 
  • Right now the rain near the ground is pretty heavy.
    I hope the forecast for it to stop is accurate.
    We'll be behind the goal as per usual.

For regular games they only open it when they have a big away attendance
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    Does anyone know when the collection from The Valley ones have to be collected by?
    Need to collect by 5pm on Wednesday from Ticket Office, after that collect from main reception up until 7pm.

The away ground does not have the facilities to collect from the ground.
  • shirty5 said:
    I’d imagine CVPM were unable to advertise ticket sales because they knew Charlton fans would buy them.
    https://www.crayvalleypmfc.com/news/club-statement-2816444.html

The last of the tickets went on sale to Cray Valley supporters over the weekend and due to the take up, we announce that we are SOLD OUT!

We apologise to those that have been unable to get a ticket and understand your frustration. 

There has been criticism for the lack of ticket news on the club's website and social media channels. However, following intel received that away fans were looking to acquire tickets in the home areas a decision was made NOT to advertise general sales for tickets for Wednesday's FA Cup tie.

Our allocation has been taken up by club officials, staff, management, players, their friends and family along with season ticket holders, known supporters and sponsors. With the capacity strictly controlled anyone occupying a seat or standing place to watch the game must have a ticket, this includes members of the press reporting on the game etc. 

A few remaining tickets were sold to those in attendance at the Artic Stadium on Saturday. We are a club run by just a small number of volunteers who have been working extremely hard in unprecedented circumstances. This is our first ever home all ticket match and with hindsight maybe things could have been done differently although it was never going to be possible to please everyone. 

We hope you will understand and look forward to your continued support of the club.

Any breweries in the vicinity ?  if so dont let this mob in to run it.
    There are but I don't think they serve bitter
  • The smaller teams usually only get one go at it. Can see a comfortable 4-0….
    this is my view (hope) as well.....but gotta admit at the moment I'm absolutely shitting it and not looking forward to it

They're doing some work on the stand I think so capacity is reduced.
  • @GetYerCoreyOut my phase 3 ticket arrived in today's post
  • Weather is looking quite nice from 3pm today onwards until Thursday, so hopefully the rain wont be enough of an issue.
    In the cup the away team entitlement raises from 10% to 15% , subject to police etc, so probably the scaffold end (I think's over 15%) but potentially both!
    In the cup the away team entitlement raises from 10% to 15% , subject to police etc, so probably the scaffold end (I think's over 15%) but potentially both!
    I doubt Cray Valley will need 15% of Priestfield  ;)
    We’re 6/4 to win both halves.

Surely this is the bet to go for.

Play the first team & get the job done (10 days rest before the next league game)

I think the top half of the stand behind the goal is condemned (not sure how the whole thing wasn’t condemned years ago) so will likely be the lower half of that stand and a bit along the sides.