Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• colthe3rd said:
    I received a text off a mate saying that there is a scaffold lorry that was there to help put up the commentary position for tonight and it is currently stuck in the corner of the pitch. The magic of the cup.
    Is that Kirk's support network?
  • Anyone know if there is a stream somewhere for the abroad fans to follow?
  • as it is live on BBC there will be loads for you to choose from
    You could try one of the gambling sites - they tend to show a stream of the game when it's on terrestrial UK tv.
    Sent you a couple links for later if all else fails.
    Use a VPN to say you're in the United Kingdom, you can then just watch on BBC2
  • edited November 2023
    Off_it said:
    565, a few walk ups and the Stevenage fiasco have cost me dearly here. 

I'll never recover from missing this one 
    Have pm'd you, Braziliance . Can you get back to me ASAP, please.
    Just a special mention to the lovely Jean who helped me out in securing a ticket :) 
    To be honest mate, if you somehow managed to get a ticket despite not qualifying for one I think I would keep shtum about it.
    The only reason why I didn't qualify is because I didn't get my away points due to walk ups and not assinging ownership to those tickets plus Stevenage, otherwise I would be well in the clear. I still went to those games that would have got me those points. 

Someone did something nice so I was crediting them..

-
    Good for you and good on them.

I was only suggesting you might not want to shout about it because people get the ump about that sort of thing. Doesn't bother me because I would never be going anyway. 

Look forward to seeing the video. One request if I may - can you try and get some footage of the Quaggy. I think we need to see how deep it is!
    ;-)
  • edited November 2023
    RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:
    Does anyone know when the collection from The Valley ones have to be collected by?
    Need to collect by 5pm on Wednesday from Ticket Office, after that collect from main reception up until 7pm.

The away ground does not have the facilities to collect from the ground.
    Just rang up to find this out as well, handy this as I will be getting into Charlton at 6 to get the ticket and making my way there. If it was 5pm I would have had to go from Kent today just to get the ticket.
    So hopefully the back is behaving itself now...and don't forget the old shooting stick to rest it up tomorrow night..🙄
    With all the rain we’ve had of late chances are if anybody really did plant a shooting stick on a grass bank and sit on it the stick would probably keep on going all the way down into the ground
    Grass Bank! It’s not Harlow Town away from home back in 1980
     Or Selhurst latterly Sainsburys End 1968/69 FA Cup replay, Ray Tracey at the double 2-0.
    HaHa remember it well, absolute mayhem slipping & sliding in the mud  :D

Edit It was the Holmsdale end with the grass from about halfway up (shit hole) & where the majority of Charlton were, although Charlton were all around the ground so maybe "Sainsburys" had grass as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:
    Does anyone know when the collection from The Valley ones have to be collected by?
    Need to collect by 5pm on Wednesday from Ticket Office, after that collect from main reception up until 7pm.

Just rang up to find this out as well, handy this as I will be getting into Charlton at 6 to get the ticket and making my way there. If it was 5pm I would have had to go from Kent today just to get the ticket.
    So hopefully the back is behaving itself now...and don't forget the old shooting stick to rest it up tomorrow night..🙄
    With all the rain we’ve had of late chances are if anybody really did plant a shooting stick on a grass bank and sit on it the stick would probably keep on going all the way down into the ground
     Or Selhurst latterly Sainsburys End 1968/69 FA Cup replay, Ray Tracey at the double 2-0.
    Traffic was horrendous up Sydenham Hill so we bailed out of mate’s Dad’s car, legged it to the ground and missed Treacy’s 1st 😩 but was more than recompensed with his thunderbolt second from outside the box into the roof of the net. Happy days 😉.
  • If this is the place to preview, how did it ever come to this? I foresee a nerve jangling scrappy affair with not much in it, pens at the ready, no not that kind I hope, but ones  hovering ready to rewrite the record books. Let's not give them that pleasure. 0-1
  • edited November 2023
    Nearest pub the Bankers Draft?

I knew the Yorkshire Grey had gone McD's <<spit!>>>

But the Dutch House?  Always good for a pint and a kick in the bollocks!
  • edited November 2023
    I reckon we'll see a team of...

Walker
    Asiimwe - Ness - Jones - Edun
    Dobson - McGrandles
    Fraser
    T.Campbell - Leaburn - Kirk

Might see May ahead of Leaburn - But I think we'll see both, along with Blackett-Taylor at some stage in the game, because we don't have a League match on Saturday - Kirk will be involved I reckon in any Cup games, to advertise his availability / fitness in January.
  • I reckon we'll see a team of...

Walker
    Dobson - McGrandles
    Fraser
    Still no joy with the overtime request for doing a midweek preview then mate? I think you should down tools completely and organise a picket line outside CL Towers 😉.
  • RedChaser said:

Walker
    Dobson - McGrandles
    Fraser
    Still no joy with the overtime request for doing a midweek preview then mate? I think you should down tools completely and organise a picket line outside CL Towers 😉.
    Too bloody chilly mate... ;)

Walker
    Dobson - McGrandles
    Fraser

Might see May ahead of Leaburn - But I think we'll see both, along with Blackett-Taylor at some stage in the game, because we don't have a League match on Saturday - Kirk will be involved I reckon in any Cup games, to advertise his availability / fitness in January.
    I'd be happy with that, but not sure if Appleton's comments post the first game were aimed at Kirk and so we'll not see him again.
  • Sponsored links:

Walker
    Dobson - McGrandles
    Fraser

My phone sometimes auto corrects shitness with fitness aswell :)
  • Tonight will be a muddy, tight, muscular battle.
    Close marking, robust challenges, set pieces, long throws, penalty appeals, ref pressure, poor lighting, basic facilities, loud audible abuse, the lot.
    We need roll up your sleeves players, I wonder if tonight is really one that suits all three of Kirk, Fraser, and young TC?
  • Croydon said:

Walker
    Dobson - McGrandles
    Fraser

I'd be happy with that, but not sure if Appleton's comments post the first game were aimed at Kirk and so we'll not see him again.
    Let’s hope eh….surely Kirk is let nowhere near this game in a potential scrap in the mud 
  • RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:

Edit It was the Holmsdale end with the grass from about halfway up (shit hole) & where the majority of Charlton were, although Charlton were all around the ground so maybe "Sainsburys" had grass as well.
    Was definitely the Holmesdale … I remember how muddy it was, lots of us kids were there from Cherry Orchard Estate … don’t recall any Palaaarse fans stopping us going anywhere we wanted so must have been a lot of Charlton there 
  • Croydon said:

Walker
    Dobson - McGrandles
    Fraser

Let’s hope eh….surely Kirk is let nowhere near this game in a potential scrap in the mud 
    Mud or no mud, he shouldn’t ever play again !!!
  • stonemuse said:
    RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    sholland said:

Was definitely the Holmesdale … I remember how muddy it was, lots of us kids were there from Cherry Orchard Estate … don’t recall any Palaaarse fans stopping us going anywhere we wanted so must have been a lot of Charlton there 
    Yes as I say there were Charlton all over the place, I was on me arse on the holmesdale mud heap half the time
  • Macronate said:
    I'm on the premises now, hiding in the clubhouse.

Hopefully no-one will notice me tomorrow and I can mingle in when the crowds start gathering.

That’s what I did at Sunderland back in about 1997. I was there about 2-3 hours before kick off and was bored so I went in with the catering staff.
    I then hid in the toilets until fans started to come in to have a piss.
    Then I had to dodge across an aisle to get into the away end.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/where-watch-fa-cup-replay-around-world