Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Does it say how many?
  • Managed to secure mine 
  • Walker
    Asiimwe Ness Jones Edun
    Watson McGrandles
    Tedic May Blackett-Taylor
    Leaburn

Is how I'd line up tbh, and try to get a couple of goals early so we can take off May, Jones and CBT before the end

•               Walker
     Asiimwe Ness Jones Edun
        McGrandles Fraser 
    TC       C. Campbell     CBT
                    Tedic

No messsing about, act like full time professionals and get two/three up as quickly as possible and second half send out

Walker
     Asiimwe Ness Bakrin Watson
           McGrandles Fraser 
    C.Campbell              Kirk (yes really)
                       Tedic
                     Leaburn

• Don't see why Dobson can't play this one. It's not as if it's going to be physically taxing.

Maybe he can play CB instead of Jones.
  • match now appearing as "sold out".
  • Rothko said:
    Get the job done, then sub out, no game on Saturday 
    Think I’d rather be knocked out than risk Alfie May on a non-league pitch against 9th tier defenders. 
  • If anyone has a spare adult or U16 give me a shout please, cheers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just been to the ticket office, three tickets are left unsold 
  • edited November 2023

Walker
     Asiimwe Ness Jones Edun
        McGrandles Fraser 
    TC       C. Campbell     CBT
                    Tedic

No messsing about, act like full time professionals and get two/three up as quickly as possible and second half send out

Walker
     Asiimwe Ness Bakrin Watson
           McGrandles Fraser 
    C.Campbell              Kirk (yes really)
                       Tedic
                     Leaburn

No way should Kirk play again.
    How many more opportunities is he going to get. 

Cant sell him - Who'd be dumb enough to buy him, cant release him - 1.5 years left on good money, doubtful loan out - Burton didnt seem in a rush to get him back.

If you cant play Charlie Kirk as a second half sub a few goals to the good against a team of part timers then tell him to pack his bags, move back home and live out his charlton contract away from us then.
  • se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    Think I’d rather be knocked out than risk Alfie May on a non-league pitch against 9th tier defenders. 
    Straight into the history books as one of the biggest ever cup defeats if we lose I think, based on league positions between the clubs.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-26-greatest-cup-shocks-in-english-football-history
  •  I think Kirk ought to be named as the overage substitute for the U21’s if he is in any way moody, or difficult.
    The ideal would be an agreed free transfer to another league club.
  • Cray have announced their 1200 odd home tickets have sold out. Anyone know how they handled the process? From looking at Twitter it seems they never announced how people could get tickets. 

• Hoping to pick up a ticket in the home end.
  • Cheers Guinness, think they went hours ago 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    Yeah. Rather murky.
    I knew I wouldn’t get a ticket from Charlton, but was watching their website for any ticket news. My plan was to literally walk 25 minutes to their ground and blag a ticket on the back of having been to the Enfield Town game, my secret weapon being my legendary charm😏 and the photos on my phone from the Enfield game.
    So it will have to be the poxy television coverage now.
    Reading above about what seems like distain for their regulars I hope Appleton puts out a team to thrash the arse off them.
    they should have played this at the valley…
  • seth plum said:
     I think Kirk ought to be named as the overage substitute for the U21’s if he is in any way moody, or difficult.
    The ideal would be an agreed free transfer to another league club.
    If you mean “league” as in Football League then we may have a problem! 
  • edited November 2023
    se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    The most embarrassing defeat in the clubs history versus the slight possibility of a striker who, despite his brilliance, won’t get us promoted this year, being crocked.

I’d have as many of the starting 11 at Pompey as available stating against Cray, and that includes May.
  • 1200 tickets is still plenty for the regulars, so a massive failure if hardcore supporters missed out. Very odd that their ticket sale process has been so secretive
  • From what i can see on their twitter they announced on Thursday that "ticket news would follow on the website and social media channels, with none expected to be available until Saturday."

There wasn't a single post announcing the ticket news until they posted to say they'd sold out at the weekend. My guess is they've all gone to friends and family of the senior players and members of their various youth teams plus the (i'm guessing) 100-odd season ticket holders they have.
  • Cray have announced their 1200 odd home tickets have sold out. Anyone know how they handled the process? From looking at Twitter it seems they never announced how people could get tickets. 

The manager rang around on Sunday night so see who was available.
  • So given the timing of when the tickets sold out, it seems 585 loyalty points was the minimum to get in. It may not be a large Charlton crowd on the night, but it will be a very loyal one.
  • I was eligible for a ticket - looked earlier, and could of bought one - but I am quite short, so unlikely to be able to see anything as no terracing - in any event, do I want to be there in person for a possible huge upset - no thanks, I have plenty of scars from previous matches against lower league opponents

But defo something smelly about their ticket sales - out of curiosity I have been monitoring their website, and found nothing on there about ticket sales - so what has happened ?

Did they advertise them on the Millwall website 😉
  • So given the timing of when the tickets sold out, it seems 585 loyalty points was the minimum to get in. It may not be a large Charlton crowd on the night, but it will be a very loyal one.
    Or being a Valley Gold holder.