Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Thomas is on international duty
  • Interesting that this game going on during international break .. it’s not the point who were playing even if we were playing Bolton in a reply would we still be told to play the game .. did we get the chance postpone it ? If not the FA are devaluing the completion ?

We are missing a number of players Wednesday plus injuries yesterday as it stands today we only have one centre half available .. 

who is the one centre half? surely Ness and Thomas are fit. That's two.
    Thomas will be away with St Lucia 
  • Interesting that this game going on during international break .. it’s not the point who were playing even if we were playing Bolton in a reply would we still be told to play the game .. did we get the chance postpone it ? If not the FA are devaluing the completion ?

We are missing a number of players Wednesday plus injuries yesterday as it stands today we only have one centre half available .. 

Would assume Thomas on international duty. Ness and Jones likely starters, no doubt he has heard that Jones has an injury
  • I didn't realize that in the FA cup from 1st round proper the home team are expected to pay the expenses for the away team's travel and in one of the TV games in the first round a league side stayed overnight in a hotel so the lowly non League club had to pay this bill, plus the extra police etc.
    Most Premier, Championship sides don't claim this from the non League clubs but they could as it's written down. The onus appears to be on the higher rated club.

The Director who passed this information on said they would've preferred the game to be away so they would've made more money which was unusual as surely if the lowly non League club were away it wouldn't have been chosen for TV in the 1st place. 50k was mentioned, so you would still think it's a good pay day even after the outgoings. 🤔

I don't believe Cray valley stayed in a hotel in the first match but possibly CAFC paid for their oyster cards to get to the Valley 😊
  • edited November 2023
    A special souvenir of the home game for only £1 50

https://t.co/sVdLYaOntc

• JohnnyH2 said:
    Interesting that this game going on during international break .. it’s not the point who were playing even if we were playing Bolton in a reply would we still be told to play the game .. did we get the chance postpone it ? If not the FA are devaluing the completion ?

Would assume Thomas on international duty. Ness and Jones likely starters, no doubt he has heard that Jones has an injury
    Jones looked pretty leggy by the end of yesterday's game. The Charlton TV commentators noticed that.
  • Has this sold out yet? Assumed it had but haven’t seen it confirmed.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Has this sold out yet? Assumed it had but haven’t seen it confirmed.
    You were saying it was sold out before I got my 3 tickets!
  • edited November 2023
    Clearly a joke!
  • JaShea99 said:
    Clearly a joke!
    Went over my thick head
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnnyH2 said:
    Interesting that this game going on during international break .. it’s not the point who were playing even if we were playing Bolton in a reply would we still be told to play the game .. did we get the chance postpone it ? If not the FA are devaluing the completion ?

Jones looked pretty leggy by the end of yesterday's game. The Charlton TV commentators noticed that.
    Never the best experts on injuries. When Doughty went off at Northampton with what cleary looked like a really bad hamstring injury (and was), their conclusion was he has gone off with a touch of cramp
  • Ok…it’s similar to the (done to death) Larkfield joke about the coach leaving weeks before a game…it couldn’t really happen.
  • I think we'll certainly see a stronger side for the replay. Appleton now knows he can't trust some of the players and he won't want to be on the end of a huge cup shock. Plus there's then 10 days to the Carlisle game as i'm not counting the Pizza car cup trophy, whatever it's now called.
    I think he can trust all of his players, only you have to have a core team and slot changes into that so those players can adapt, you can’t make wholesale changes no matter how good those players are and expect the team to gel instantly.
    Fair point plus when you consider that:

AMB, Hector, Thomas and Anderson are all (i think) away on international duty.
    Isted, Aneke, Taylor and Camara are injured.
    Kirk he definitely can't rely on.

That's more than a third of the squad unavailable anyway. 
    Add Abankwah to this, just seen he's away with ROI U21s. So that's 5 internationals away and at least 4 injured. Plus Kirk. 
  • seth plum said:
    Cray Valley Paper Mills got 175 spectators at home to Erith and Belvedere yesterday.
    They won 3-0.
    I went to this. Looked a lot more in the ground, around 300 we thought, but maybe 175 was the number of paying customers. 

They played well. A few of their regular first teamers came on from the sub bench. Erith & B started playing at 3-0 down so not much of a test. Freddie Parker scored the first then Kyrell Lisbie scored 2 (against the slope in the second half) before before being subbed. Hardly any changes from the team that played at the Valley. 

Off topic, but Erith's captain Finn O'Mara's mother works in the Nationwide in Dartford!

I hadn't realised he was at Erith & Belvedere now.

Thomas on international duty … Ness is the only fit one .. Jones will see how the injury is tomorrow 
  • Surprised Lisbie played yesterday. His injury last week looked as though it would be longer than a week.
  • Have we any idea how many were sold in the first 3 phases?
  • Mack Reilly who was released by us in the summer on the bench for Erith I see. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Both Hector and Jones were limping by the end yesterday. Hector due to be away anyway along with Thomas. So interesting selection at CH.

I’d just start Alfie May and get him to do the team talk. He’s come from this background so let’s use that. 
  • "Greenwich council have insisted they reduce capacity to 1500"

I'd love to know what they class as the capacity then if that's reduced!
  • "Greenwich council have insisted they reduce capacity to 1500"

I'd love to know what they class as the capacity then if that's reduced!

• What is the origins of the stadium name?

Is artic as sponsor ?

• Assuming this well sell out when it goes on sale to Valley Gold at 11am. 
  • As it looks like we have injury problems at CB and players away on international does anyone know if its possible we can recall Deji Elewere from Bromley for this game?
  • Got my ticket - think they have to be picked up from the Valley now (I.e no post)
  • Still tickets available