Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• When do our international players go to their countries? 
  • ozaddick said:
    PWR...

I'm pleased it's being played at their ground. It's the best way to show some of these players just how fortunate  they are to be playing professional football at a club like Charlton.

I hope an evening of grass roots footy, in conditions that some of them would of never played in, will remind some of these feckin primadonna's just how lucky they are to be born with the gift of being able to play the beautiful game at such a high level. It's a message I'd be absolutely battering into them if I had the chance. 

Millions upon millions of us dream of doing what they do, so they need to have some respect for their craft, and perform in the manner that befits this football club. 

Being a Cray lad, I'm also wishing CVPMFC the best of luck for this game. They've earned the respect of football fans IMO. 
    We selected a weak team and that weak team played poorly. The result was an embarrassment to the club and amongst the worst in a long history.

But even in that context, I don’t get the sentiment of your post, and particularly the second paragraph. This was about the managers selection and the depth of strength of the clubs squad. I’ve not seen anywhere, or perceived myself, that this was about the attitude of individuals who deem themselves above the level they are playing at.

• ozaddick said:
    PWR...

I'm pleased it's being played at their ground. It's the best way to show some of these players just how fortunate  they are to be playing professional football at a club like Charlton.

I hope an evening of grass roots footy, in conditions that some of them would of never played in, will remind some of these feckin primadonna's just how lucky they are to be born with the gift of being able to play the beautiful game at such a high level. It's a message I'd be absolutely battering into them if I had the chance. 

Millions upon millions of us dream of doing what they do, so they need to have some respect for their craft, and perform in the manner that befits this football club. 

Being a Cray lad, I'm also wishing CVPMFC the best of luck for this game. They've earned the respect of football fans IMO. 
    For this reason, play most of those who were involved in the draw.

They need to earn redemption 
  • clb74 said:
    All tickets that we will be given are taken up by all our owners and members of the SMT.

I will be watching on the BBC
    I don't know what I'll do. I haven't got a ST or gone to any away games this season so wont get a ticket. Will probably have to watch it on TV but part of me wants to go there just to make a point. Its not that I want to go to the game per se, but I just feel its a daft decision to restrict the attendance that much. Good job we aren't Millwall, or Leeds or any other big/troublesome away supporters otherwise it could really kick-off. But we are little peaceful Charlton who will just take this sitting down. 
    You're like my mum.
    For years and years mum didn't want the drive done for the car.
    The minute Bromley council told her they were changing the rules and mum wouldn't be able to have a drive.
    Mum then wanted a drive
    At least it was about something that belonged to her. I doubt your Mum is as illogically belligerent.

I don’t want to go but now that I can’t go I’m going to go to complain that I want to go.
    Try making a banner for that protest.
    How about ’I’m a plank’?
  • When do our international players go to their countries? 
    That depends a lot on if they are playing home or away :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    All tickets that we will be given are taken up by all our owners and members of the SMT.

I will be watching on the BBC
    I don't know what I'll do. I haven't got a ST or gone to any away games this season so wont get a ticket. Will probably have to watch it on TV but part of me wants to go there just to make a point. Its not that I want to go to the game per se, but I just feel its a daft decision to restrict the attendance that much. Good job we aren't Millwall, or Leeds or any other big/troublesome away supporters otherwise it could really kick-off. But we are little peaceful Charlton who will just take this sitting down. 
    You're like my mum.
    For years and years mum didn't want the drive done for the car.
    The minute Bromley council told her they were changing the rules and mum wouldn't be able to have a drive.
    Mum then wanted a drive
    At least it was about something that belonged to her. I doubt your Mum is as illogically belligerent.

I don’t want to go but now that I can’t go I’m going to go to complain that I want to go.
    Try making a banner for that protest.
    How about ’I’m a plank’?
    You alright hun  ?
  • I think we'll certainly see a stronger side for the replay. Appleton now knows he can't trust some of the players and he won't want to be on the end of a huge cup shock. Plus there's then 10 days to the Carlisle game as i'm not counting the Pizza car cup trophy, whatever it's now called.
  • Cray Valley Paper Mills got 175 spectators at home to Erith and Belvedere yesterday.
    They won 3-0.
  • I think we'll certainly see a stronger side for the replay. Appleton now knows he can't trust some of the players and he won't want to be on the end of a huge cup shock. Plus there's then 10 days to the Carlisle game as i'm not counting the Pizza car cup trophy, whatever it's now called.
    I think he can trust all of his players, only you have to have a core team and slot changes into that so those players can adapt, you can’t make wholesale changes no matter how good those players are and expect the team to gel instantly.
    I think he can trust all of his players, only you have to have a core team and slot changes into that so those players can adapt, you can’t make wholesale changes no matter how good those players are and expect the team to gel instantly.
    Fair point plus when you consider that:

AMB, Hector, Thomas and Anderson are all (i think) away on international duty.
    Isted, Aneke, Taylor and Camara are injured.
    Kirk he definitely can't rely on.

That's more than a third of the squad unavailable anyway. 
  • We need to look at Saturday's side and take out of the equation those who are injured or on international duty of course. Then fill the gaps around what is left. Not 11 players like last time. We don't need to rest players for Saturday and we don't need to chip away at the momentum our performance against Pompey may have provided. I don't want to knock Kirk but the point has surely been reached where he is finished with us.  
  • edited November 2023
    ozaddick said:
    ozaddick said:
    PWR...

We selected a weak team and that weak team played poorly. The result was an embarrassment to the club and amongst the worst in a long history.

But even in that context, I don’t get the sentiment of your post, and particularly the second paragraph. This was about the managers selection and the depth of strength of the clubs squad. I’ve not seen anywhere, or perceived myself, that this was about the attitude of individuals who deem themselves above the level they are playing at.

In my opinion is was about attitude of the players. They were playing a non league side ffs!! The team selected should of, by all rights, walked that game. The fact they didn't, seems to me a lack of application and attitude. 
    This was a big factor. It was a cup final for Cray and you could see that in the tears from Lisbie when he had to go off. Maybe you can't match it but you have to bloody try. We have some players who don't seem to have the mental strength. You can excuse youngsters, it is part of the learning process although you can't overload the team with them for this sort of game but whatever eleven we start with, it is going to be more talented man for man than them, but we can't have the quitters and softies. Appleton will know who they are and needs to have that fight to compete against Cray's fight.

What Cray did at the end was go down when they could and make the game bitty. We had real difficulty counetring this at the end and had no momentum. The ref was a factor. He let a bit of Karate go by them which was comical, then blew for the slightest contact on them. But chances are we will get similar with the ref giving them leeway so we have to be strong enough in every aspect to beat that.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd go as strong as possible , get 4 up and then make subs - plenty of gap for the senior players because I'd expect a fringe side to play Sutton. 
    Fair point plus when you consider that:

AMB, Hector, Thomas and Anderson are all (i think) away on international duty.
    Isted, Aneke, Taylor and Camara are injured.
    Kirk he definitely can't rely on.

That's more than a third of the squad unavailable anyway. 
    With Jones seemingly struggling by the end of yesterday, we do look light at CB. If he can't play, Ness and Abankwah is a very inexperienced duo to play against battle hardened non league scrappers. 
  • edited November 2023
    Ring a few changes but stuff like this makes me very very wary of playing our star players in games like these… even despite the draw last time out.

This is a huge blow for Portsmouth’s season. I would be absolutely devastated if May got a season ending injury in a game against Cray Valley Paper Mills…
  • ozaddick said:
    PWR...
    Prove it!!!
  • Interesting that this game going on during international break .. it’s not the point who were playing even if we were playing Bolton in a reply would we still be told to play the game .. did we get the chance postpone it ? If not the FA are devaluing the completion ?

We are missing a number of players Wednesday plus injuries yesterday as it stands today we only have one centre half available .. 

• Interesting that this game going on during international break .. it’s not the point who were playing even if we were playing Bolton in a reply would we still be told to play the game .. did we get the chance postpone it ? If not the FA are devaluing the completion ?

We are missing a number of players Wednesday plus injuries yesterday as it stands today we only have one centre half available .. 

Are Derby postponing their replay this Tuesday then? 
  • Get complacent get beat.
  • Have i read that right Ronnie? - Ask for a postponement because we could be missing some internationals and we could be light at centre back? Facing a tier 8 side in a replay?
    His overall point is correct though. If league games can be called off due to call ups i don't see why cup games go ahead. What if we were playing Derby or Bolton and both sides were missing 3-4 players?

Of course we know it's entirely our own fault and whoever we field should be enough to beat a tier 8 side.

who is the one centre half? surely Ness and Thomas are fit. That's two.