Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• so there might be a few ticketless fans hanging around outside after all. Not the 2k I said last week, and maybe not CAFC fans.....but nether-the-less. Sounds like there could be more disgruntled Cray fans than CAFC ones  :D
  • edited November 2023
    Worth stating, it’s entirely down to Cray how they manage their ticket distribution, it’s their game and right to handle how they wish. Just seems strange they announced ticket news will be announced here, then said all tickets have gone. Looking at Facebook and Twitter it’s clear on their side there’s a few cheesed off people waiting to learn how they could get tickets. 

We’re they selling them at the ground on Saturday to the 175 there @swords_alive ?
  • Could always pop across the road for a happy meal
  • Worth stating, it’s entirely down to Cray how they manage their ticket distribution, it’s their game and right to handle how they wish. Just seems strange they announced ticket news will be announced here, then said all tickets have gone. Looking at Facebook and Twitter it’s clear on their side there’s a few cheesed off people waiting to learn how they could get tickets. 

We’re they selling them at the ground on Saturday to the 175 there @swords_alive ?
    No mate. The message on Saturday was to go to buy from their website and as others note that just didn't happen. A couple have queried it in the comments section here as no update followed despite a pledge that it would:

https://www.crayvalleypmfc.com/news/fa-cup-replay-news-2815447.html
  • se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    Get the job done, then sub out, no game on Saturday 
    Think I’d rather be knocked out than risk Alfie May on a non-league pitch against 9th tier defenders. 
    The most embarrassing defeat in the clubs history versus the slight possibility of a striker who, despite his brilliance, won’t get us promoted this year, being crocked.

I’d have as many of the starting 11 at Pompey as available stating against Cray, and that includes May.
    Yeah fair enough, I understand the logic in what you say, I just have a different perspective.
  • Worth stating, it’s entirely down to Cray how they manage their ticket distribution, it’s their game and right to handle how they wish. Just seems strange they announced ticket news will be announced here, then said all tickets have gone. Looking at Facebook and Twitter it’s clear on their side there’s a few cheesed off people waiting to learn how they could get tickets. 

They were 'talking with a ticketing partner' on Friday, but no info on socials nor website until 'sold out' this morning - nothing to members' mailing list either. 
  • If anyone has a spare adult or U16 give me a shout please, cheers 
    My wife is available.
    Does she know Elfs...🙄
  • edited November 2023
    So given the timing of when the tickets sold out, it seems 585 loyalty points was the minimum to get in. It may not be a large Charlton crowd on the night, but it will be a very loyal one.
    Or being a Valley Gold holder. 

Was it not 595 plus VG?
  • Sponsored links:

• So given the timing of when the tickets sold out, it seems 585 loyalty points was the minimum to get in. It may not be a large Charlton crowd on the night, but it will be a very loyal one.
    I find it staggering you can pay £120 a year for Valley Gold membership of which away ticket priority is not even the point of the membership can trump a season ticket holder who clocks up 6 away games a season and all the expense that comes with it.

As a VG member and someone who does about 6 aways a season I find it mildly embarrassing my VG membership is higher up the priority list for this one.
    Why? Valley Gold needs some kind of incentive, otherwise you're just throwing money into a pit in the name of "funding the academy" when in reality the money from VG won't stretch very far
  • So given the timing of when the tickets sold out, it seems 585 loyalty points was the minimum to get in. It may not be a large Charlton crowd on the night, but it will be a very loyal one.

Was it not 585 plus VG?

Phase 4: 585 loyalty points or Valley Gold - Monday, November 13th @ 11am (one per person)

• sam3110 said:
    So given the timing of when the tickets sold out, it seems 585 loyalty points was the minimum to get in. It may not be a large Charlton crowd on the night, but it will be a very loyal one.
    I find it staggering you can pay £120 a year for Valley Gold membership of which away ticket priority is not even the point of the membership can trump a season ticket holder who clocks up 6 away games a season and all the expense that comes with it.

As a VG member and someone who does about 6 aways a season I find it mildly embarrassing my VG membership is higher up the priority list for this one.
    Why? Valley Gold needs some kind of incentive, otherwise you're just throwing money into a pit in the name of "funding the academy" when in reality the money from VG won't stretch very far
    VG also has a weekly prize draw. 

Nobody is questioning VG providing some priority for away tickets, it's more the level chosen for this game which seemed very high
  • edited November 2023
    shirty5 said:

Was it not 585 plus VG?

Phase 4: 585 loyalty points or Valley Gold - Monday, November 13th @ 11am (one per person)

Cheers misunderstood what AFKA was saying as assumed it sold out in phase 3.

I am VG but agree that seems a high priority for just VG to come in at.

• Phase 4 was 585 points OR Valley Gold
    The club stated if everyone who qualifies for a ticket purchases one it will sell out in Phase 3.
    I would imagine the club did not expect it to get to phase 4 but it did to mine and I'm sure many others surprise. 
    FIFA got in for their allocation first!
  • sam3110 said:

If Valley Gold is so important why has it never increased in price since it was launched in 1990. How many other products are the same price in that time period.
  • sam3110 said:

There are also prizes every home game, Christmas draw prizes, crossbar challenge draw entry, club shop discounts too plenty of incentives for the scheme.

I don’t disagree there should be a level of priority just not sure it should trump someone doing 6 aways a season in addition to being a ST holder.
  • Perhaps those people with season tickets and 6 away games a season should sign up to VG then too? 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but in my eyes it's not a gross injustice, like it's been said they thought it would probably sell out in Phase 3 so it makes sense to have a wider selection of people to sell to in Phase 4 given the game is less than 3 days away at that point with no way to post tickets in time by then 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

VG also has a weekly prize draw. 

Nobody is questioning VG providing some priority for away tickets, it's more the level chosen for this game which seemed very high
    My opinion is VG should be used as an additional requirement to your points, like what pretty much happens now for most games.

There is so much wrong behind the scenes, but the one positive I see from the outside looking in is Katie Cowling and how she ensure the regular home and away attendees are able to purchase tickets for games with a limited allocation using the most fairest and common sense approach. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Walker
    Asiimwe Ness Jones Edun
    Watson McGrandles
    Tedic May Blackett-Taylor
    Leaburn

Is how I'd line up tbh, and try to get a couple of goals early so we can take off May, Jones and CBT before the end
    Think Dobson might have to play centre back .. before people go on the attack he started as a centre back at Sunderland so will know the role 
  • edited November 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Perhaps those people with season tickets and 6 away games a season should sign up to VG then too? 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but in my eyes it's not a gross injustice, like it's been said they thought it would probably sell out in Phase 3 so it makes sense to have a wider selection of people to sell to in Phase 4 given the game is less than 3 days away at that point with no way to post tickets in time by then 
    That was in my initial point about doing 6 aways a season and also being a VG member yet the VG membership seeming to have more value.

Actually instead of looking at 6 aways a season another way to look at it is you could have done 12 away games since the start of last season in addition to being a ST holder and still be behind the valuation of VG only. Just my opinion I feel this is far too greatly weighed and I say this as a VG member too.
  • Valley gold ticket priority is a key incentive for my membership. I've never won a prize or had a shot at the crossbar, so without the incentive, I'd be unlikely to renew.
  • jbcafc said:
    Valley gold ticket priority is a key incentive for my membership. I've never won a prize or had a shot at the crossbar, so without the incentive, I'd be unlikely to renew.
    Was for me too as I worked shifts & couldn’t always guarantee I’d get to games. 
  • A week ago Seydil Toure and Josh Laqeretabua formed the central defensive pairing in the U21 5-0 win against Ipswich.
    An unusual pairing at that level. Richard Chin played in that game and Jacob Roddy came on.
    Yesterday Roddy played against Wolves replacing Toure and partnering Laqeretabua. I got to wondering why Toure didn't play.
    My impression of Toure's style is that he is combative, a big strong lad for his age (19) and he does not shirk challenges or a tussle.
    I wonder if both Toure and Chin will feature on Wednesday, and is Bakrin waiting in the wings?
    Given the ground, the slope, the mud and the elemental nature that Wednesday might have, we certainly don't want to play anybody who might be a melt, especially in defence. Toure might help with our lack of current options at centre half.
    If Jones is fit I would most certainly make him captain and our first pick at the back.
  • edited November 2023
    Well on the back of Golfie's machinations on here, I have assembled the kit i'll need tomorrow night...
    To forde The Quaggy obviously!

To break into the ground!

Suitable disguise!

Or, I could stay at home and watch it on the tele.

Either way, major Charlton embarassment incoming.
  • edited November 2023
    Got mine! (VG came up trumps for me, as i was on 565 points) will you be able to purchase a refreshing beverage, or will we be forced to drink Quaggy Water? 
    And being an elderly gentleman i hope the facilities are better than Pompeys last weekend.
  • edited November 2023
    Got mine! (VG came up trumps for me, as i was on 565 points) will you be able to purchase a refreshing beverage, or will we be forced to drink Quaggy Water? 
    And being an elderly gentleman i hope the facilities are better than Pompeys last weekend.
    I'd be somewhat surprised if an 8th tier club had particularly good facilities. I imagine they'll get in some portaloos for the evening, seeing that the crowd will be 10 times what they usually get!