Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match thread: Charlton Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers: Saturday 23rd September 2023: KO 3:00

Comments

• That was much better than i expected. 
    Well done to all. 

Special mention for Tyreece, who never ducked a challenge and kept probing - as well as the assist. 

And Dobbo too - 100 minutes of 100% on his clock again, but 5 yellows means a rest is coming. 
  • Isted: 6.5. Good at collecting set pieces today.  not completely convinced about his shot stopping

Wow...the guy didn't have a save to make....
    He did, but he let it in.
  • 3-1 totally flattered us . Wycombe looked like a decent side . When they equalised there looked like only one team was going to win and it wasn’t us but thanks to a scuffed shot and a brilliant individual goal from CBT, I can go home happy . 
    Still lots of work to do. The right back Abankwah was pony again and when Watson came on to replace him , we looked far more assured . 
    COYR!

Don't know why this got two lol's, was exactly how I saw it.
    Bring the lols on ! Those who gave me them know I’m right they just didn’t have the intelligence to see it ! 😂
  • Golden delicious served up a great dish...tactics, changes when needed, plan "B", it all came together, all it needed was a coach who actually had some ideas, I am certainly warming to Apples and the core of what he is trying to serve up...
    First half was like watching a different team to 3 weeks ago, agreed second half was a bit of a squeaky bum time for the first 20 minutes, but thankfully we had someone on the touchline who knew when and where to change things up.
    Well played one and all, and on to Shrewsbury we go for another 3 points...🤞
  • I was really not convinced. Take the result obviously and some good moments but even when playing ‘well’, we didn’t really look all that or particularly threatening, looked likelier to lose at 1-1 until the scuffed goal. We really need Fraser and/or Camara back as campbell (and then Anderson) really struggled in those positions. 

Hector and isted looked rubbish, so unassured, Jones seemed solid though. 

I liked leaburn, CBT, dobson, the watson full back who came on had a half decent cameo, and I’m a big fan of May. 
  • Didn't Isted make a good one on one save when they counter attacked and it was laid off on to their right?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    RedPanda said:
    Didn't Isted make a good one on one save when they counter attacked and it was laid off on to their right?
    Bt Isted's reaction, I suspect that was a Thomas block. To be fair, I think he was unsighted for the goal.
  • RedPanda said:
    Didn't Isted make a good one on one save when they counter attacked and it was laid off on to their right?

Don't think so, blocked before it reached him 
  • ozaddick said:

Was it a g'day mate?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:
    Bt Isted's reaction, I suspect that was a Thomas block. To be fair, I think he was unsighted for the goal.
    Thanks, and also to LA. I was at the wrong end of the ground for it. Looked like a certain goal, him and Hector read quite a few situations well for interceptions and tackles. Lots of positives to build on today.
  • 3-1 totally flattered us . Wycombe looked like a decent side . When they equalised there looked like only one team was going to win and it wasn’t us but thanks to a scuffed shot and a brilliant individual goal from CBT, I can go home happy . 
    Still lots of work to do. The right back Abankwah was pony again and when Watson came on to replace him , we looked far more assured . 
    COYR!

Bring the lols on ! Those who gave me them know I’m right they just didn’t have the intelligence to see it ! 😂

Christ on a bike.
  • swordfish said:
    3-1 totally flattered us . Wycombe looked like a decent side . When they equalised there looked like only one team was going to win and it wasn’t us but thanks to a scuffed shot and a brilliant individual goal from CBT, I can go home happy . 
    COYR!

Why can't you make allowances. 'Abankwah was pony again' could read 'yet to see the best of him in his natural position in a Charlton shirt' but no, abuse it is. Crack on!
    You are definitely right . We have yet to see the best of him yet . He played half a game last week and 70 minutes today but both times he was awful. As the great Roy Walker says “Say what you see” and i did . He was pony . 
    But with no explanation. I know we're not pundits, but to me a single word put down like that just appears lazy.
  • I was really not convinced. Take the result obviously and some good moments but even when playing ‘well’, we didn’t really look all that or particularly threatening, looked likelier to lose at 1-1 until the scuffed goal. We really need Fraser and/or Camara back as campbell (and then Anderson) really struggled in those positions. 

Hector and isted looked rubbish, so unassured, Jones seemed solid though. 

I liked leaburn, CBT, dobson, the watson full back who came on had a half decent cameo, and I’m a big fan of May. 
    Hector was excellent second half so much so that you never saw Vokes and Hanlon was taken off , Jones was a rock today .. Isted handling today was was excellent and eased the pressure .. 
  • edited September 2023
    First first half was decent. Interesting to use TC where he did and I think he showed some glimpses of promise in that position, particularly when he had space. At times the ball into his feet was too easy to be taken off him but he will learn.
    Jones had his best game for us. Thomas did well at left back. Isted dealt with their late crosses well. 
    They were only dangerous from set pieces and apart from the goal and the header that hit the bar there was little threat.
    Good subs from Appleton - when Camara and Fraser are back we have a very decent squad.
    Early days but positive signs.
    Was actually thinking that as well. Fraser, Camara, McGrandles (don't laugh), Edun and Chem Campbell (although he was a sub) all didn't feature today.

Admittedly highly unlikely they'll all be fit at the same time, but if they are we have a decent squad that should be play off contenders.

Defence still worries me though and i think we'd definitely have to look for reinforcements in January.