Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• He had no one on the bench today to get fresh legs out there

Fraser got left on the bench, which probably doesn't bother anyone, the rest who got left on there were as the result of Childcare Vouchers being taken advantage of - What's the new man going to do the change that, if he's in the exact same scenario?
    Hey micheal happy new year 
  • edited January 6
  • edited January 6
    Steven81 said:
    He had no one on the bench today to get fresh legs out there

Fraser got left on the bench, which probably doesn't bother anyone, the rest who got left on there were as the result of Childcare Vouchers being taken advantage of - What's the new man going to do the change that, if he's in the exact same scenario?
    Hey micheal happy new year 
    Happy New Year to you too :)
  • follett said:
    Throwing away the lead 3 times in one game and 7 goals conceded in a row post 80 minutes lies with the manager for me. Fundamental issues with his tactics that aren’t being fixed. Usually like to give a manager time and fed up of the constant merry go round but we need to get rid
    Bang on.
  • He had no one on the bench today to get fresh legs out there

You seriously aren’t defending him? 
    What have you seen since he has been here that we are better at than what we was doing under Holden? 
    Nothing, in fact, we are worse. 
  • edited January 6
    Still the manager gets the blame when the players are making the same mistakes every week

The players have let us down AGAIN!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't like him, I mean I really don't like him, but not sure what he could've done differently realistically? Feel this one is on the players. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Talal said:
    I don't like him, I mean I really don't like him, but not sure what he could've done differently realistically? Feel this one is on the players. 
    His tactics are shit, his subs are shit, the whole teams mental fragility is shit. What have you been watching?
    I think he's an awful manager if that helps you, but what did you want him to do differently today, say after we'd gone 3-2 up? 
  • Addick_8 said:
    He had no one on the bench today to get fresh legs out there

You seriously aren’t defending him? 
    What have you seen since he has been here that we are better at than what we was doing under Holden? 
    Nothing, in fact, we are worse. 
    No... I'm asking what the new man will be able to do differently?

First Team players aren't being left off the bench in favour of Rylah and Casey are they?
  • Still the manager gets the blame when the players are making the same mistakes every week

The players have let ua down AGAIN!!

It's his job to coach out mistakes, know when to attack, when to be defensive, who will be better suited to X game etc.

If it was all down to the players then why bother with a manager at all.
  • Talal said:
    I don't like him, I mean I really don't like him, but not sure what he could've done differently realistically? Feel this one is on the players. 
     What? Its happening week after week
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Talal said:
    His tactics are shit, his subs are shit, the whole teams mental fragility is shit. What have you been watching?
    I think he's an awful manager if that helps you, but what did you want him to do differently today, say after we'd gone 3-2 up? 
    Rylah instead of Asiimwe perhaps? - Or Rylah for Kanu with his pace

But we saw recently how green he looked.
  • He's not done well. But getting rid of him will NOT solve the problems (on its own.) 

I'm not saying that he hasn't made mistakes and certainly not that think keeping him would be a good idea. But Duff, Bowyer etc, no-one else will turn this squad (as it stands) into a top 6 side.

The whole squad needs to be rebooted from the ground up.
  • Talal said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Talal said:

Plenty of managers would have addressed this after it's become almost a meme now.  Even though we have a mentally weak set of players there must be things that can be worked on by competent managers and coaches to prevent its recurrance.
  • Talal said:
     What? Its happening week after week
    I know, but it's often his terrible subs. Not sure what else he could do, Edun was defensively poor again and CBT injured. I want him gone but the players need to have a look at themselves too. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Would love to know what people are seeing to justify giving this guy a transfer window. Even more so after today - we just gave up 29 shots to Port Vale. 
    1 Win in 10 (In League 1) with some dreadful performances and some people still think he deserves time. 
    “Good on the grass” piss off
    I’m guessing it’s because they’ve already sacked and paid one off. It’s an awful record 
  • i really don’t agree. This squad IS good enough.
    The coaching and game management is awful. You don’t let this many late goals if it wasn’t. 
  • No point sacking him until we have someone decent and ready to go as a replacement. Hopefully the search for that replacement is now underway.
  • These interviews from him are painful.