Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Steven81 said:
    He had no one on the bench today to get fresh legs out there

Fraser got left on the bench, which probably doesn't bother anyone, the rest who got left on there were as the result of Childcare Vouchers being taken advantage of - What's the new man going to do the change that, if he's in the exact same scenario?
    Hey micheal happy new year 
    You couldn't even spell Michael right you thick fucker !
  • We should not be telling MA to walk, he should be honest with himself and say I have failed, and do the honourable thing and walk away from the clubs, instead he will stay and tell everyone he can turn it around, please go and stop sucking the life out of the club! For 50 years I support this club. MA is now leaving his mark as another failure!
    Mugs like Scott and rest have ensured we are in a poor delapidated state to date
    We the fans need part ownership as we could get rid of this type of ownership!
    They have not come out and apologise and even given us a clue in what direction and how they are looking to achieve! They are answerable to all of us! We can vote with our feet, but we don't want see the club suffer and potentially be put into administration and the belgium twat will take every opportunity to sell his assets.

Thank you MA pls f**k off now🙏 🚶‍♂️
  • Addick_8 said:

Fraser got left on the bench, which probably doesn't bother anyone, the rest who got left on there were as the result of Childcare Vouchers being taken advantage of - What's the new man going to do the change that, if he's in the exact same scenario?
    You seriously aren’t defending him? 
    What have you seen since he has been here that we are better at than what we was doing under Holden? 
    Nothing, in fact, we are worse. 
    No... I'm asking what the new man will be able to do differently?

First Team players aren't being left off the bench in favour of Rylah and Casey are they?
    It’s not all about subs he can make, it’s everything else.
    What are we doing all week at training? 

• Guy is useless. The sooner he leaves the better. 
  • We won’t get promoted under this useless twonk so why wait just get rid now, go all out to get someone like Michael Duff, and recruit now for a proper push next season. In keeping Apples we are just wasting time and resources that could be better used elsewhere.
  • edited January 6
    Jayajosh said:
    Was sacked by Blackpool for winning 1 game in 11. Sound familiar?
    Then he got replaced by another bloke who won 2 in 14 and then also got sacked. Turns out the players might not have been very good.

Sound familiar?
  • We won’t get promoted under this useless twonk so why wait just get rid now, go all out to get someone like Michael Duff, and recruit now for a proper push next season. In keeping Apples we are just wasting time and resources that could be better used elsewhere.
    Can just see it now; sign all these players, Appleton continues to balls it up. Sack him in February and bring in Duff - who doesn’t want JCH, Bakinson and Fiorini

Constant cycle of failure
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Even if we were winning every game he is impossible to warm to.  Dour and sulky.
    And picks his nose during the post match interview.
  • Jayajosh said:
    Was sacked by Blackpool for winning 1 game in 11. Sound familiar?
    Then he got replaced by another bloke who won 2 in 14 and then also got sacked. Turns out the players might not have been very good.

Sound familiar?
    Callum ! you haven't found another talking bollocks and not fact checking the bollocks he's spouting have you ? 
  • Valley11 said:
    i really don’t agree. This squad IS good enough.
    The coaching and game management is awful. You don’t let this many late goals if it wasn’t. 
    For what?
  • Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:

What have you seen since he has been here that we are better at than what we was doing under Holden? 

First Team players aren't being left off the bench in favour of Rylah and Casey are they?

Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:

Training with half a squad as the other half is injured ?
  • for all the he is useless and I’m not convinced he is for us. what would the  apples out brigade changed for todays game with the players available 
  • Still the manager gets the blame when the players are making the same mistakes every week

The players have let ua down AGAIN!!

It's his job to coach out mistakes, know when to attack, when to be defensive, who will be better suited to X game etc.

If it was all down to the players then why bother with a manager at all.

Same mistakes defensivly every week.Im sure 'dont fall asleep last minute and concede' is part of his team talk.Last minute goals is down to the players.

The players have let us down AGAIN!!
    Still the manager gets the blame when the players are making the same mistakes every week

The players have let ua down AGAIN!!

It's his job to coach out mistakes, know when to attack, when to be defensive, who will be better suited to X game etc.

If it was all down to the players then why bother with a manager at all.
  • cfgs said:
    Even if we were winning every game he is impossible to warm to.  Dour and sulky.
    He could have been looking for some tactics.
  • for all the he is useless and I’m not convinced he is for us. what would the  apples out brigade changed for todays game with the players available 
    This is probably the first game for a while he actually picked the right players in the right positions for once 
  • Such an odd appointment.
    Scott never sounded convinced when he took him on. Appleton seemed pretty surprised when he was offered the job.
    I'm pretty sure their relationship has soured consistently from day one.. Appleton just waiting for the pay off now.
    So so inevitable 
    For me oddest appointment since Russell Slade , there have been lots of bad ones though. He just annoys me in every way though now , get rid and quick , I think we need someone we can get behind 
  • Sponsored links:

Some tactical nous and leadership on one of the three times we led, particularly after the third goal. 
  • Valley11 said:
    for all the he is useless and I’m not convinced he is for us. what would the  apples out brigade changed for todays game with the players available 
    Some tactical nous and leadership on one of the three times we led, particularly after the third goal. 
    What tactical nous can you offer for our Keeper having a rubber arm. 
  • I’m prepared to see how he does when he gets his own players in. We can’t keep on this manager merry-go-round. We’re not going anywhere this season, including to L2, so let’s see how he does from now on and get rid when the season closes if it doesn’t improve. Then appoint someone else who has the window to work with and build from there. Makes more sense to me and is probably what the Management are thinking. 
  • cfgs said:
    Impressive, with his hands in his pockets.
  • IdleHans said:
    cfgs said:
    Port Vale are our bogey team
    Ian Bogey?
  • MrLargo said:
    Have a read of his managerial record if you're not familiar with it already: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Appleton

1 promotion with Oxford from League 2 and did okay the following season. Aside from that, it's an absolute disaster. It is quite extraordinary that he continues to find employment as a professional football manager. The only thing to be grateful for is that we'll only have to pay up  a 2-year contract. Blackpool gave him 4 years!

Without doubt, there are shortcomings with the playing squad, and an over reliance on youth, which urgently needs to be addressed. That is not his fault. That is why we are not good enough to be challenging for promotion. However, we are consistently throwing away points against sides that are more concerned with relegation than promotion, and that is his fault. Port Vale, Burton, Cambridge, Orient, etc, they are all operating on a shoestring budget compared to us. We've thrown away points late on in 6 of the last 7 games. Why has that not been addressed? After the second or third time that happened, "how to defend a lead" and "how to hold on to a point" should have been the main focus in training. But it clearly hasn't been, because absolutely nothing has changed. Same as Cabbles, I said he'd be gone by March - thought at the time I was being humorously pessimistic but, as it turns out, he'll be lucky to make it to February.
    Great post