Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• JohnnyH2 said:
    I think he is doing ok but wonder how his ppg would look compared to Holden if you removed the games in which Aneke played.
    Holden: 0.6 ppg (5 games: Orient, Peterborough, Bristol Rovers, Port Vale, Oxford) (3 home games)

Appleton: 1.0 ppg (5 games: Lincoln, Bolton, Wigan, Portsmouth, Carlisle) (1 home game)
    No wins for Appleton without Aneke at present. 

Won at Wigan without Aneke
  • edited November 2023
    I think he is doing ok but wonder how his ppg would look compared to Holden if you removed the games in which Aneke played.
    To add to what others have said, excluding the cup games. Since Aneke has been injured.

1 win, 2 draws, 2 losses. 

7 goals scored and 10 conceded. 5 points out of a possible 15. Woeful form.

If we don't win tonight, it is very concerning imo. The cup wins have broken up the bad form a bit imo
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Holden: 0.6 ppg (5 games: Orient, Peterborough, Bristol Rovers, Port Vale, Oxford) (3 home games)

Appleton: 1.0 ppg (5 games: Lincoln, Bolton, Wigan, Portsmouth, Carlisle) (1 home game)
    No wins for Appleton without Aneke at present. 
    Wigan was a 2-3 win without Aneke
    Apologies @Callumcafc missed that one!
  • I think he is doing ok but wonder how his ppg would look compared to Holden if you removed the games in which Aneke played.
    To add to what others have said, excluding the cup games. Since Aneke has been injured.

If we don't win tonight, it is very concerning imo. The cup wins have broken up the bad form a bit imo
    In the two draws we played pretty well. I'd say there's room for encouragement. We'll see tonight 
  • edited November 2023
    Leuth said:

In the two draws we played pretty well. I'd say there's room for encouragement. We'll see tonight 
    I can't lie, I thought we showed more fight than previous Charlton sides I've watched in recent years, but I thought we were lacking in a game plan and skill in both games though. Looking to see what Apples can do tonight to rectify this 
  • Haven't looked at numbers to back this up but it feels as if we're keeping pace with the play offs but from a starting basis of about 6 points behind. With the squad we have it will be hard to do much better. Feel like if the squad was built for a manager like him and he'd had preseason then we'd be up there
  • Just read the first page of this when he was announced. 

Was always going to be a disaster. Who made the decision? They need to go. 
  • Who would have thought picking an internet meme as a manager wouldn’t fucking work. 
    Jesus the twats running this club….
  • Feels like he’ll be on his way out soon but not sure he’s the root of the problem, he’s more of a symptom of it 
  • Keeps rewarding failure by picking the same eleven. Why would you do that?
    clueless and uninspiring, he just needs to go!
  • Sponsored links:

•  Brownie called it about defending and what Curbs would've done. Apples has had long enough, the players are not scared of the manager, it's obvious we have no desire and we deserve better.

• Apples is probably just waiting for the expected payoff. Easy money really 
  • Appleton is clueless. Going nowhere with him in charge.
  • He can go as far as I’m concerned. Clueless, one dimensional, poor coach, poor manager, 
  • Was that his last game do we think ?
  • Done absolute nothing at any of his previous clubs, get rid, we've had enough, 1 win against an 8th or is 9th tier club shows the level we are, get rid for f**k sake!!!
    No I don’t think so although I think it should be. The bloke is just clueless and so bland the club will go nowhere with him or his ability to snatch draws and losses from the jaws of victory
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoring hasn't been a problem... Now it is a problem. 

Goals are drying up and so the draws and losses are massing up.
    In most normal clubs yes, but it’s us so he’ll stay to the end of the season 
  • Mr Bland
  • I have blamed it on the players in other matches and I stand by that criticism even if it was slightly over the top in an emotional way but be bold, make the change, don't let this guy spend the January budget. 

We have the best striker in the division and he wastes him, you could see we had it tactically wrong today within 20 minutes and he did not change it quick enough. 
  • Does not like to bring on subs because it would look like he got it wrong at the start. Just move the players around to their wrong position
  • A jobbing manager that thought he was better than us and using us as a stepping stone. No one in my circle thought he was a good choice. Even worse than that bald fella we got from Swindon whose name escapes me. 
  • I think he lost the dressing room by the look of the some of the body language , he was bought in by Scott being touted as player who can coach and improve the young players and yet all he seems to do is balmae the young players and say we need buy experienced players who don’t need as much coaching 
  • edited December 2023
    I have been saying we can't keep sacking managers but that was a come sack me game. I get if he fails he has to answer for it but what about Scott?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I think he lost the dressing room by the look of the some of the body language , he was bought in by Scott being touted as player who can coach and improve the young players and yet all he seems to do is balmae the young players and say we need buy experienced players who don’t need as much coaching 

When he keeps coming out saying our squad is shit and he can't change it, I doubt it does wonders for morale.

Personally would get rid now, it's not like we'd be missing much and it'll inevitably happen before season ends and who knows maybe we can get lucky with the next appointment. We need something as we're utterly rudderless top to bottom