Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    mattwils said:
    mattwils said:
     just watched the Braziliance you tube video. Good watch despite the score line. Aghast at the second goal. Hector jogged back, Alfie May sprinted and was deeper than Hector when goal went in. What was going through his mind? The players must take responsibility for the crap start we have. Dean seemed to have lost the plot but some of the players should hang their heads in shame
    Hector is either unfit or had a fall out with Holden or both.
    Either way, totally unacceptable 
    Thought his comments replying to a fan song were slightly unprofessional…saying he needs to play first 
  • Options
    mattwils said:
     just watched the Braziliance you tube video. Good watch despite the score line. Aghast at the second goal. Hector jogged back, Alfie May sprinted and was deeper than Hector when goal went in. What was going through his mind? The players must take responsibility for the crap start we have. Dean seemed to have lost the plot but some of the players should hang their heads in shame
    I think he is unfit. Holden was reluctant to play him early doors which suggests this, otherwise if fitness wasn't an issue, I susect he would have stuck with him. We need him fit because he has to be the defensive leader based on what we have. I don't know why he might be unfit but I appreciate there are big gaps in what we know.
  • Options
    mattwils said:
    I think he is unfit. Holden was reluctant to play him early doors which suggests this, otherwise if fitness wasn't an issue, I susect he would have stuck with him. We need him fit because he has to be the defensive leader based on what we have. I don't know why he might be unfit but I appreciate there are big gaps in what we know.
    We only sign unfit players.
  • Options
    Sometimes it is best to move on and say nothing. 
  • Options

I thought this was his goodbye 
    This could be a famous picture in the museum one day , where are they now , the class of 23.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    For a ‘man of the people’ I’m very surprised four days on there hasn’t been the usual ‘fans were great, thanks for being so supportive, you’re the heartbeat of the club etc’ statement yet 
    Agreed. I still find it odd that so many players liked the club's post of him being relieved of his duties
    Possible he ruffled a number of feathers by dropping senior pros for youth players. 

And also that they weren't into the whole new-age wellness, breathing exercise stuff. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    For a ‘man of the people’ I’m very surprised four days on there hasn’t been the usual ‘fans were great, thanks for being so supportive, you’re the heartbeat of the club etc’ statement yet 
    Yes seems out of character but could it have been part of his severance that he had to keep shtum 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options

This could be a famous picture in the museum one day , where are they now , the class of 23.
    Class is not a word that I would associate with that bunch.
  • Options
    Who liked the post announcing his departure? I didn't manage to look at it. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Agreed. I still find it odd that so many players liked the club's post of him being relieved of his duties
    Why, he was shit. I'd be more worried if they weren't happy he's gone.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    shirty5 said:
    Fair play to Darren Ferguson. Unless you are at a lower division club and in employment as a manager, why would you leave a job, for a club with a reputation of getting rid of managers on a regular basis where they don’t see the season out.
    Fits the criteria for Challioner
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Yes seems out of character but could it have been part of his severance that he had to keep shtum 🤷‍♂️.
    A NDA clause can be quite wide ranging. As in "no public comment can be made or reported". However they can be quite difficult to enforce unless money is being withheld to ensure compliance. Without a job, and with a family to support my guess is that DH is playing it safe to secure payment.
  • Options
    My mind must be playing tricks on me because I'm sure I saw a tweet from him a day or two after wishing us all the best for the season and how it was a great bunch of players blah blah blah but then got deleted... did anyone else see it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    My mind must be playing tricks on me because I'm sure I saw a tweet from him a day or two after wishing us all the best for the season and how it was a great bunch of players blah blah blah but then got deleted... did anyone else see it
    Sure it wasn't Pearcy?
  • Options

I didn't notice it at the time but it was good that Holden included the mascots in this celebration (wearing 19, 9 and a dark tracksuit).
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    think that was Senda
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    sam3110 said:
    Sure it wasn't Pearcy?
    No I don't think so, I had notifications turned on for Holden and the official Twitter account, and don't follow Pearce on Twitter. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    seth plum said:
    GOF means Gain of Function.
    Never heard of them. Are they a band, some sort of collaboration of miscreants or what? 

If the latter, that would make them the COM's team though.
    Cradle of Filth tribute.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    seth plum said:
    GOF means Gain of Function.
    Never heard of them. Are they a band, some sort of collaboration of miscreants or what? 

If the latter, that would make them the COM's team though.
    Cradle of Filth tribute.
    Gang Of Filth, frontman Charlie Filth.
  • Options
    Countenance, nice word.
  • Options
    Or is it spin on 5 losses in a row.