Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Solidgone said:
    I think this means that HMS Pisstheleague has been derailed. 🥸
    Ships don't sail on rails.
    I was aware but I thought the link to trains would be more specific to Charlton 🥸
  • Options
    vff said:
    The idea that Darren Ferguson would uproot from the North to go to London is laughable - given the restrictions, lack of apparent budget support in the transfer window, 4 months of not being able to bring in any players in the deluded plan (£1 to £2m losses) that Methven put together. It just shows how clueless, out of touch with reality and up themselves the current SMT are.
    Peterborough is in the north?!
    It is North of Watford 😄
  • Options
    The compensation due to Holden, Shimell and Senda totalled less than 150k.
    Sounds much more plausible. Where did the 500k come from? I'm assuming a Methven brief.
  • Options
    Do managers not have their full contracts paid when they are sacked? Genuine question I don't know how it works.
  • Options
    Do managers not have their full contracts paid when they are sacked? Genuine question I don't know how it works.
    Maybe he was going for the 3 points so desperately to hit one of Thomas's famous KPIs which determine his pay off!
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Interesting point on NTT20 podcast about why Holden went for the win on Saturday when being more conservative might have got us a draw. They suggested that Holden knew he had to win to save his job so he went all out, wouldn't surprise me at all

So if you had to win, the best plan is to put your most  attacking midfield outlet into defence? Sorry don't buy it.

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    Interesting point on NTT20 podcast about why Holden went for the win on Saturday when being more conservative might have got us a draw. They suggested that Holden knew he had to win to save his job so he went all out, wouldn't surprise me at all

So if you had to win, the best plan is to put your most  attacking midfield outlet into defence? Sorry don't buy it.

I think the point was mainly about the last 10 mins and particularly the goal, leaving 1 man back against a great counter attacking team isn't very smart. I didn't see the whole game but from what I heard CBT was only LB of a back 4 for a few mins while things got sorted out, could be wrong there though
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Miss my point

I would very much like to know and understand what the owners are about.
    Wouldn’t you?

The trust gave a breakdown of the main shareholders that’s all I need to know. They are investors who have been given an opportunity to take a punt on a lower tier English Football club and hopefully will make a profit on their investment if it climbs the football pyramid. I’m not sure what additional information you hope to get to put your mind at rest 🤷‍♂️.
    Profit on their investment if it climbs the football pyramid.
    Alright now I know you are having a laugh along with the owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Powell with another managers squad:
    P23, W6, D6, L11

A great start, but quickly fell away and into less than mediocrity. 
  • Options
    And does that include a gagging order?
  • Options
    If we cannot get someone like Moore then I would prefer to go for someone currently over achieving with a lesser squad. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    No idea if this has already been posted, but you have got to wonder what the fuck is going on when Asimewe is liking the post announcing the manager and back room staff have been sacked.
    Some people ‘like’ posts as a way of bookmarking them. They’ll end up on their ‘like’ list. 
    That's what the bookmark logo on the right is for. 
    This was referencing Twitter. 👍
    Why would you reference twitter on a comment about an Instagram post?

I wonder if there was some kind of falling out after Asiimwe's mistake the other day?
    Sorry, meant Insta. 
    Falling out seems quite likely. 👍
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    No idea if this has already been posted, but you have got to wonder what the fuck is going on when Asimewe is liking the post announcing the manager and back room staff have been sacked.
    Some people ‘like’ posts as a way of bookmarking them. They’ll end up on their ‘like’ list. 
    That's what the bookmark logo on the right is for. 
    This was referencing Twitter. 👍
    Why would you reference twitter on a comment about an Instagram post?

I wonder if there was some kind of falling out after Asiimwe's mistake the other day?
    Sorry, meant Insta. 
    Falling out seems quite likely. 👍
    If I was Asiimwe I'd be fuming that the manager kept leaving me on my own at the back when I've played about 5 professional games
    Anyone know the average age of our first half team at Oxford?
  • Options
    Thought I read somewhere it was 24.
  • Options
    Arise Sir Chris !
    nuff said …
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds much more plausible. Where did the 500k come from? I'm assuming a Methven brief.
    not likely, someone posts it and suddenly it's true. Just like the 150k might or might not be correct but will become very quickly correct as did the fired by text story.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    P23, W6, D6, L11

And then assembled his own squad;
    P46 W30 D5 L11 Pts101 CHAMPIONS 😉
     Yep and that's the problem, we spent BIG that Summer. No way we're doing that again any time soon. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    P23, W6, D6, L11

Small point, but you have the draws and losses around the wrong way! Otherwise it'd be 95 points.
  • Options
    not likely, someone posts it and suddenly it's true. Just like the 150k might or might not be correct but will become very quickly correct as did the fired by text story.
    I just don’t buy that Holden got 3 years cash as his severance, when I think the usual is one year, or until they get another job 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    P23, W6, D6, L11

Small point, but you have the draws and losses around the wrong way! Otherwise it'd be 95 points.
    Well done for spotting the deliberate mistake, no prize I’m afraid 😉, now edited 👍.
  • Options
    Don't know what to make of this , is it just a smoke screen for the owners to say, sorry we didn't sign any players before the window shut , or panicking or them they don't want us relegated in their first year as owners , but it's weird Dean was there man , just gets weird as it goes on , I thought we was over all this getting rid of Sandgaard 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I just don’t buy that Holden got 3 years cash as his severance, when I think the usual is one year, or until they get another job 
    That's more likely, there's probably all sorts of clauses in these contracts, but I'd hope we never again end up like we did with Pardew when we had to pay him a million within a week of him going. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Thought I read somewhere it was 24.

Older than the Peterborough team that outclassed us.
  • Options
    clive said:

"The club statement on the matter is certainly not relying on many words to justify this action but does promise that “a thorough recruitment process” will now be undertaken. With the number of times we’ve changed manager in the last couple of decades, you’d have hoped we’d be a leading authority on such processes by now."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that.

Bugger it, I'll do both.
    Is the survey out yet?