Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Holden under pressure?

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    At normal clubs, no, he wouldn’t. They would understand that the squad is wildly imbalanced and he’s doing the best with what he has. 

But at Charlton, where we seem intent on hiring and then sacking every manager in English football before realising the manager isn’t the problem, yes, yes he’s under major pressure. 

So crack on, start a campaign to sack another manager. 
    Agree with you mate. Let's get behind the manager
  • Options
    He must be under pressure, as it's not just the results but the manner of the results.
  • Options
    He’s probably safe for time being as the gang of four’s choice. It’s a results a business though and Charlie boy is going to have his work cut out convincing the money men alls well in the Valley.
  • Options
    Said Holden Out last week on the post match thread. He's not good enough. Doesn't help the players aren't either but I wouldn't keep him on.
  • Options
    Incredibly decent guy. I hope he can turn things round.

And to help him do it, I would say settle on what formation you are going to play and stick with it for at least a dozen or so games.

I've watched the last 2 games and really scratching my head at what it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of teams in L1 with worse squads. 
  • Options
    Like all the others, his hands are a bit tied until he’s allowed to sign quality and quantity of players he needs. Also like all the others, though, he was hired because he was affordable not because he was the best man for the job. There are things to like about him, I’d happily have a beer with him, but I’m still on the fence if he’s got what it takes to get us out of this division. 

I hope he’s not being pressured by the owners or fans yet, but I also hope he feels pressure because so far it isn’t good enough. I’m sure he realizes that. 
  • Options
    Like all the others, his hands are a bit tied until he’s allowed to sign quality and quantity of players he needs. Also like all the others, though, he was hired because he was affordable not because he was the best man for the job. There are things to like about him, I’d happily have a beer with him, but I’m still on the fence if he’s got what it takes to get us out of this division. 

I hope he’s not being pressured by the owners or fans yet, but I also hope he feels pressure because so far it isn’t good enough. I’m sure he realizes that. 
    Not sure how good the squads of Newport, Bristol Rovers and Port Vale are?
  • Options
    Looking forward to his post match interview.
  • Options

Not sure how good the squads of Newport, Bristol Rovers and Port Vale are?
    On the basis of the games I’ve seen, better than ours. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I'm sure Dean is under self imposed pressure, he's in an impossible situation trying to fit far too many square pegs into round holes, bought about by an impossible injury list/unfit players who need mollycoddling with management of minutes, and having to play youngsters every match due to lack of alternatives.
    I mean today Asiimwe was treading water late on , and should have been taken off before the third goal, he looked shattered, but what does Dean have to cover, bloody DJ, so yes he is under pressure, but to blame for where we are, not so sure...
  • Options
    If these owners are serious I think he is. Looking at the options out there at the minute. There are better.
    Which ones?
  • Options
    Look at the squad! How many managers do we have to go through… we have a toss squad, again… 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    If these owners are serious I think he is. Looking at the options out there at the minute. There are better.
    Which ones?
    Warburton
    Wilder
    Darren Moore even
    Powell 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I'm sure Dean is under self imposed pressure, his is an impossible situation trying to fit far too many square pegs into round holes, bought about by an impossible injury list/unfit players who need mollycoddling with management of minutes, and having to play youngsters every match due to lack of alternatives.
    I mean today Asiimwe was treading water late on , and should have been taken off before the third goal, he looked shattered, but what does Dean have to cover, bloody DJ, so yes he is under pressure, but to blame for where we are, not so sure...
    Could have brought Egbo on. Oh wait ....
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Which ones?
    Warburton
    Wilder
    Darren Moore even
    Powell 
    Thanks for putting a smile on my face. None of those would touch us with a barge poll. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Which ones?
    Warburton
    Wilder
    Darren Moore even
    Powell 
    Thanks for putting a smile on my face. None of those would touch us with a barge poll. 
    Wilder I reckon would. Flirted with reading recently. Wasn't there a rumour Warburton signed last summer but Tommy changed the terms ?

I'd like to add Nathan Jones and Dean Smith 
  • Options
    I suspect Powell would, as he may feel there is unfinished business to attend to. But he’s too nice a bloke to be thrown into the quagmire that is Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    This is what happens when you let a qualified referee manage a team. 
  • Options
    I want him to do well but think he engaged the fans to bide himself some time but he has no track record as a manager and has bounced from club to club. Let’s see if he gets backed by the owners but not hopeful 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I still like the bloke. 
    But I don't make the decisions. 

100% he won't be our manager come the end of the season 

That is a shame Rambo as you would make better decisions than the f****** idiots we have at present.
    PS,
    Holden is under pressure if only for the fact the 50 directors we have are keeping their hands in their pockets.  There is no way that Holden will be happy with the fact we have gone so long without signing players, regardless of the stuff he'll come out with in the media.
    I take it he is not in The Royal Oak tonight B)
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    To those saying the squad isn't good enough or wildly imbalanced, how many squads are drastically better than ours? I would say a handful at most. Yes, we need depth at FB and up front, but we have a lot of quality in this squad. Injuries, and injuries in the same areas (center forward, center mid) are a much bigger issue. But this is not a three points from four gs (three at hom) level squad. 

No as it would cost the owners a lot of money. That we need to spend on players.