Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    You can’t be leaking 3 goals at home to PV and expect anything other than the current meltdown. I don’t think we are getting that bit of luck atm but we shouldn’t need luck to win these games. No more excuses time for some serious decisions re transfers. Lose next week and we are in trouble
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Dobson leave if any Championship interest now!

• Options
    No hint of any body new to come in, are we under a another embargo?
    No
  • Options
    Taylor looks to have a good corner on him but didn't really add much else. Short passes, fine but nothing others couldn’t do. Hopefully it's just fitness related and he's got more to his game. 
  • Options
    Am I reactionary yes? But I'm going on record that these owners will not be our saving grace. No new faces for nearly a month? Something doesn't add up for me here. Either there's no money, no idea or they thought everything was okay squad wise - all are very worrying. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Taylor looks to have a good corner on him but didn't really add much else. Short passes, fine but nothing others couldn’t do. Hopefully it's just fitness related and he's got more to his game. 
    We said that about McGrandles last season.
  • Options
    I find myself longing for the good old days, when a Charlton man was manager, we won a play off final, and the deluded Belgian owned the club. Perhaps Roland was that bad?
  • Options
    We need to sign a quality leader at the back and change how we coach our defending or the season really will be over before it even starts. 

Really like Holden, hoped his no nonsense straight talking would mean he would be a manager who focused on the defence but seems like potentially another "modern" manager who believes decent defending is boring. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Talal said:
    We said that about McGrandles last season.
    Corners aside he didn't do anything McGrandles couldn't do and with more energy. Just our usual standard of signing unfit players. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Him and Dobson are too similar to play together. It's forcing Dobson to be the creative midfielder, which isn't his strength.
  • Options
    I think we have the players. I don’t think they’re being managed very well. 
  • Options
    No hint of any body new to come in, are we under a another embargo?
    No
    Reassuring, 
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Here’s some perspective 
    Wigan started on -9 and are 1 point behind us now!
    the demise of CAFC continues under another group of charlatan owners and incompetent management! 
    Thats -8 points Wigan started with.

Other than that everything else you say I cannot fault. 

Charlie boy and his mates not a good idea.
    As for The Owners ?🤬
  • Options
    We’d struggle against Port Stanley, these days.
  • Options
    Defensive cock ups cost us again! When will they ever learn, it’s the basics and we do it so bad. Team isn’t good enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two home games back to back early season against mid table plodders and we lose them both
    Really really worrying 
  • Options
    So, it's a relegation battle hey?
  • Options
    After 10 minutes we score and I am totally confident. 

Port Vale looked hopeless, they haven't won away for 14 ... and then we get totally mugged off - primarily by ourselves.  Unbelievable! 
  • Options
    Definitely defence a major worry that needs addressing but could have been so different if we got a second when we were dominating early on. Leaburn injury costing us, Welling game has cost us dearly. 
  • Options
    Getting rid of Holden is not a solution (yet) I want to see us get some quality players in and then see how he performs as Manager. I'm just very worried that this consortium bunch don't appear to want to invest. 
    Correct. 
    We are playing catch up already. Nothing has changed, nor will it until we get an owner that understands football.
  • Options
    Jones is very poor with the ball at his feet, he doesn’t know what to do with it.
  • Options
    DJ should be embarrassed, shocking stint from a player who is always unfit
  • Options
    With some saying we need to to assess after 10 games, as that’s a true reflection of form. We would need to win 5 out of the next 6 games to make it into the top 6 according to last season. Mmmm.
  • Options
    We've made all these 'professional' appointments in the management team, perhaps they now need to act and provide a good competitive team - at least justify their jobs.