Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    Think Port Vale will struggle. Us? Mid table at best unless we make some seriously good signings in the next week or do. Dispiriting when Payne and DJ came on. Should have probably won but not surprised we let the late goal in again.its Charlton and it's a bit in predictable.
  • Options
    Bring on summer 24. 
  • Options
    Atrocious, again and again!

we simply don’t have a first 11 that ‘picks itself’ barring dobbo, edun and may- which is beyond worrying , constant tinkering and injuries only make the bad even worse! 

At least 2 new players needed in each third of the pitch - which looks worrying as I just can’t see it coming.

mistakes galore at the back, needing 6 shots on target just to score one, and apathy kicking in just approaching mid august- disgusting 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting rid of Holden is not a solution (yet) I want to see us get some quality players in and then see how he performs as Manager. I'm just very worried that this consortium bunch don't appear to want to invest. 
  • Options
    Pathetic
  • Options
    13 days to sort a squad that's arguably worse than lasts season's. Port Vale were awful and we have gifted them 3 goals. Worrying
  • Options
    How long will the new owners take to admit they made a mistake with Holden. 4 losses on the bounce now. And all with very similar performances. 
  • Options
    Not impressed so far with the new owners. 10 games in & end of transfer window will tell. Squad looking half baked & underdone, so far. Next few weeks needs to change the current direction of travel.
  • Options
    1 point above Wigan after 4 games.
  • Options
    We are a mid table league 1 side. That is that
    Not that good - keep defending like that and we:re in a relegation battle
  • Options
    nice guy, however now there are now big doubts about Holden's managerial ability .. is he too nice ? .. the squad might not be all that, but it's not as bad as to be right near the bottom .. I know, it's always blamed the manager, but this a cannot go on .. the players lack effort i m o with a few exceptions .. bring in an experienced man to sort them out, if there is one to be found that is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is looking much worse than last season.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    We just don’t have the luck at the moment. Apart from our errors I thought we played well. We will come good and go on a run of wins. 
    Not with this squad we won’t. It’s a complete shambles.

• Options
    This is what happens when you don't invest in the squad. We've seen it year after year.
    I feel for Anderson , Kanu and Asiimwe as they were superb today but we are going to destroy them before the month is out at this rate. 

This is spot on. They all played well today but they shouldn't be starting game in game out. I forgive Asiimwe his error, he's learning, it happens. Hector is inexcusable though. I thought he was Championship quality. Isn't the rule in such instances don't let the ball bounce?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    We have 3 of the 4 centre backs we had last season who averaged nearly 2 goals a game against. Why should we expect anything different from them this season? Hector's mistake was from the Inniss playbook.
    The bench is so weak that we have  to keep youth team players on the pitch when they are obviously exhausted, which leads to more mistakes.
    Hard to know what can make a difference now unless we buy 2 new centre backs as well as a right back. It matters not how well we play in parts if our defence is not sound.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Think Port Vale will struggle. Us? Mid table at best unless we make some seriously good signings in the next week or do. Dispiriting when Payne and DJ came on. Should have probably won but not surprised we let the late goal in again.its Charlton and it's a bit in predictable.
    They are struggling quite well at the moment though, we'd love their 7 points.
  • Options
    Can't wait to buy a season ticket.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    first home game i’ve missed in a while and after seeing that shite on Tuesday i’m sort of glad i missed it but still sucks the wind out your sail predicting a loss and being right. Apparently if you look at the sun for too long, even if not directly looking at it, the UV rays chip away a tiny portion of your cornea, this is what it’s like watching Charlton at the moment having your support chipped away bit by bit.
  • Options
    End the season now .