Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale: Saturday 19th August 2023: KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    Atrocious, again and again!

we simply don’t have a first 11 that ‘picks itself’ barring dobbo, edun and may- which is beyond worrying , constant tinkering and injuries only make the bad even worse! 

At least 2 new players needed in each third of the pitch - which looks worrying as I just can’t see it coming.

mistakes galore at the back, needing 6 shots on target just to score one, and apathy kicking in just approaching mid august- disgusting 
    I'm not convinced by Edun's defending so far CBT as he's the only creative threat 
  • Options
    Our mindset is awful. For 25 mins we were comfortable and dominating. Referee doesn’t give us the free kick and then the red card. We were awful after that.

Problem is that we always look like we are going to conceded and gift goals to opposition. Hector mistake was coming about 5 mins before that. DJ was awful and shows how bad the squad is that he was even brought on today.

Squad isn’t good enough and we got a week to change it, or another mid table season for us. 

• Options
    Worst start to a league one season? 

Last seasons squad needed ripping out and replacing but we didn't. Going to be another drag of a season 
  • Options
    It simple. Owners do not spend a lot of dosh early in the preseason to get in the best players and you get what we have seen in the last four games.
  • Options
    jams said:
    Multiple players making stupid mistakes in every game says to me the problem is one of mentality. We lack leaders and experience - a pratley type would do a world of good 
    Agree. We need a proper captain. Dobson is a good player but not a leader
  • Options
    I consoled myself before this game that the worst case would be a draw but we would most likely a win, hopefully by two goals. I need to rethink things.
  • Options
    Well it would seem every time we get another sets of wankers etc to hopefully push us forward 
    we end up going backwards 👎👎👎
    complete and utter Shite.
    if you cannot beat Port Vale you are Fucked finished end of 👎👎👎👎
  • Options
    Sorry, posted this on the match thread just before it closed. Sunderland fans were sending us commiserations that Methven was involved in the take over but we thought it would be different with us, how’s it going?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel bad for Asimwe he has been decent for a young lad but why did we get rid of Clare, was he on stupid money, he was a very good right back, doesn’t make sense to be left so short on players. We will certainly see if these owners are serious or not in the next week or so.
  • Options
    As soon as we went 1 up we totally changed. Why? Is that coming from the players or the management? They were there for the taking but we just gave the momentum back to them. And they went 2-1 up and I could just see it. We then had a brief flurry but, again, we capitulated and they won 3-2. Very concerning. 
  • Options
    Just above Wigan Ffs
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Could see that the teenagers were absolutely knackered after about 70 mins. 
    When that long punt was played over the half way line I knew Asiimwe would struggle. Don’t know if the bloke who scored had just come on, but it was an uneven contest. Wish he’d just smashed the ball out for a throw, or even a corner. Such a shame because he’s had another very good game. 
    A couple of minutes earlier I was on my feet for May’s winner, only for that Smith to block the goal bound shot. Almost exactly THE SAME AS LAST WEEK! We do seem to be cursed. 
    But it’s not that of course. The squad is just too thin, so we’re relying on kids. Some of our earlier signing were so awful we can give ‘em away, which I’m sure isn’t helping.
    Meanwhile Danson’s Wigan beat top of the league Bolton 4-0 away and they’re a point behind us having started on -8 ffs. 
    It feels like a break from this sh1t is urgently needed, as it’ll be meltdown here now. Another angry Saturday. 
    Who was it who said ‘just win matches’?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    All goals come from errors, ours come from silly errors. Asiimwe should have leathered the ball out of play.
    no they don’t. Goals are scored from various aspects of play. 
  • Options
    Nug said:
    I feel bad for Asimwe he has been decent for a young lad but why did we get rid of Clare, was he on stupid money, he was a very good right back, doesn’t make sense to be left so short on players. We will certainly see if these owners are serious or not in the next week or so.
    He wasn't a very good right back at all. 
  • Options
    I expressed concern about our defending after the Bristol game. I expressed concern about set pieces, and how we can't defend them very well 

Same old, same old, which is concerning as you wonder how well the defence, and by that I mean the whole side, is being coached.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are a bottom end of table league 1 side. That is that

• Options
    If we are relying on Dobbo to be the creative force in midfield then we are struggling….love him but he is limited 
  • Options
    Doesn't matter how well you play or who's available in our squad as an attacker, both of them scored today and we lost, and it's because of piss poor concentration at the back, individual errors. 

Is there a consequence, individually, for fucking up and losing the game? I doubt it, but based on the goals we're giving away so far there should be
  • Options
    No hint of any body new to come in, are we under a another embargo?
  • Options
    Tactically so poor - pedestrian slow and predictable, tactically naive - leaky defence - rubbish set pieces - the kids look promising but the experienced players with possible exception of Dobbo May and CBT are letting us down.
  • Options

• Options
    At the game 
    I always am.

Season over before the end of August is a new low.

Fucking disappointed from Chelsfield 
    Sorry mate but you've potentially got another 42 days like this ahead. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    It simple. Owners do not spend a lot of dosh early in the preseason to get in the best players and you get what we have seen in the last four games.
    And who would want to join us now ?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    All goals come from errors, ours come from silly errors. Asiimwe should have leathered the ball out of play.
    no they don’t. Goals are scored from various aspects of play. 
    But every one comes from an error somewhere even if it's a player not closing a player down enough, not tackling, a poor throw leading to a turnover etc. If there were no errors they'd be no goals.