Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Leyton Orient | Saturday 5th August 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Pre season training 

A solid 7/10.
    1 mark lost as no bubble and squeek, might be controversial but hash browns are a poor replacement
    1 mark lost for beans in a ramekin
    1 mark lost for the warmed bread.

😛
  • Options
    Kanu and Mitchell aren’t in the match day squad I don’t think. Horrible feeling we will see Kirk starting up top.
    I have no doubt Kirk will be starting up top as this has been the case all pre season I believe - not ideal but the cavalry will arrive soon I’m sure 
  • Options
    Pre season training 

A solid 7/10.
    1 mark lost as no bubble and squeek, might be controversial but hash browns are a poor replacement

😛
    Nah, beans in the little dish thing is a good idea, reduces the chances of beans & eggs touching which should never happen under any circumstances!
  • Options
    Pre season training 

A solid 7/10.

😛
    Christ are you a judge on @RateMySausage although someone would have knocked half a point off for the plate on there.
  • Options
    Pre season training 

Dump the hash browns, no place on a full English. Swap the toms for black pudding, give the toast another couple of minutes and I'd be happy with that.  
  • Options
    The only positive if we do fail to get 3 points today is it will hopefully mean we go harder for our targets.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The only positive if AFKA does fail to get 3 points for his breakfast today it will hopefully mean it will rain harder.
    Fixed for you
  • Options
    Pre season training 

A solid 7/10.

😛
    No black pudding either.

Looks pretty decent to me though!
  • Options
    Pre season training 

A solid 7/10.

😛
    That egg looks like it is about to hatch...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the live radar. The rain to the west of London that is curling round now is forecast to hit around kick off looking at current predictions and then by dry after about 30 mins of very heavy rain. All depends how long and how hard it rains as to whether we get another Doncaster scenario 

• Options
    Pre season training 

A solid 7/10.

😛
    Love a hash brown or two, beans in a ramekin is a great idea, don’t want them touching the egg !! Toast looks horrible, sausages a bit overdone, egg doesn’t look great either, wouldn’t have the tomato. 6/10, must do better.
  • Options
    No Hector in starting 11 or Kirk
  • Options
    Anderson starts... Fully deserved for the youngster

Watch the players in the recent club content, even they're regarding him as a decent prospect
  • Options
    Interesting line up. Wonder if there’s an issue with Hector, he’s been out of sorts in pre season and now not included in the squad?
  • Options
    Formation? 
  • Options
    Well that's an interesting one, wasn't expecting both Anderson and Asiimwe to start. Egbo doesn't even make the bench. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    3-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Asiimwe and Anderson both starting!  Really.hope they do well.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Formation? 
    3-5-2, if he plays Campbell with May, it is what I said, instead of Kirk
  • Options
    Darenth said:
    Looks like possibly 4-3-3?
    I think 3-5-2 almost certainly. Asiimwe and CBT as wingbacks. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Could be either 3-5-2 or 4-3-3.

Holden said the other night that when we attack the Defence becomes a back four.

So imagine it'll be a mixture of both

In Defence (and 3-5-2); Thomas will act as the Left-Sided Centre-Back, and then switch to Left-Back when we're going forward, and playing 4-3-3
  • Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Jones, Ness, Thomas; Asiimwe, Dobson (c), Anderson, Fraser; Blackett-Taylor; May, Campbell

Substitutes: Isted, Hector, Edun, Camará, McGrandles, Payne, Kirk

• Options
    Formation? 
    Must be 433

AMB
    Asimwe Jones Ness Thomas
    Anderson Dobson Fraser
         Campbell May CBT
  • Options
    4-3. May with a 118th minute winner. 
  • Options
    Defending

AMB
    Asiimwe | Jones | Ness | Thomas | CBT
    Anderson | Dobson | Fraser
    Campbell | May

In Attack

AMB
    Asiimwe | Jones | Ness | Thomas
    Anderson | Dobson | Fraser
    Campbell | May | CBT
  • Options
    Surprise selections but I like it. Hopefully the yoof step up to the plate.  
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Interesting line up. Wonder if there’s an issue with Hector, he’s been out of sorts in pre season and now not included in the squad?
    on bench