Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Leyton Orient | Saturday 5th August 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    According to the OS we seem to only be missing Leaburn  & Chuks.

So, who is lying.......Holden or the OS ??

And for those who think I'm pedantic or it doesn't matter......it really does. Otherwise why bother with a pre-match write up. Might as well just write a load of bollox......" selection problems a plenty as the whole back 5 have gone down with Covid , Alfie May has a sore throat and Charlie Kirk was last seem Thursday night at the Miller's with a couple of women old enough to be his mum" 
  • Options
    Should have stuck with my pledge not to read first game of the season match preview. Bit of a torture...
    Be their for me - pre game kosher fry up n all...
    6 pints to nil
    COYR

• Options
    edited August 2023
    FYI we’re not alone in dealing with striker injuries.

Tomorrow’s opponents are likely to be without Dan Agyei, Aaron Drinan and Ruel Sotiriou through injury. All attacking options that you would’ve expected to be involved for Orient tomorrow, had they been fit.
  • Options
    1-1
    May with a poacher's goal and Pratley with a wind assisted header.
  • Options
    First game of the season! Setting off from Norwich with grandson at about 9.30. Hope the rain is not too bad. Dry at the moment here but forecast not great. Usually first game of the season is hot and sunny 😎 COYRs,⚽
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Just a quick question do they do Guinness? In ground 
    They do or did do Murphy's in The Fans Bar/Crossbars. 
    cazo said:
    Just a quick question do they do Guinness? In ground 
    They do or did do Murphy's in The Fans Bar/Crossbars. 
    They stopped doing Murphys towards the end of last season, as I used to drink it instead of the dismal John Smiths post-match. Fortunately, it was around the time Meantime beers were introduced. Maybe Murphys will be reintroduced. The menu in Crossbars has certainly been upgraded and you can now buy an Upbeats bhaji burger, amongst other new items on the menu. 
  • Options
    Game day, new season, new start and buckets of anticipation. What a feeling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This rain is horrendous, hope the match is actually on!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    se9addick said:
    You in Eltham? Only very light in Sidcup at mo
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    You in Eltham?
    Peckham. Hopefully it’s not as bad in Charlton!
  • Options
    2:0 to the Charlton I reckon
  • Options
    We have the players to win this match,however,I am concerned about our central defence,Hector ,good on the ball,but is very suspect when the ball is played through or over the top(he was really took to the cleaners this way in the Aberdeen game.)A good opposition manager would note this,i cannot see us keeping many clean sheets,so reckon 3-2 to us.
  • Options
    3-2 battle.
    Our class wins the day.
    Looking forward to a moist win.
  • Options
    Important to start with a win. Want full commitment from the team. 3-1 COYR
  • Options
    what’s the weather like in SE7? Any danger of a waterlogged pitch?
  • Options
    Shame 3 of our signings won't make the first team squad. 2 had procedures/operations at the end of season and the other no game time.   

Maybe in the past we would have thrown them in, seen injuries develop. Etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton P-P Orient
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Well, hopefully they got a bit of sense and covered the pitch for a little while
  • Options
    I was just going to post .. there is a big chance this game won’t make it to 90 mins as it stands now the forecast for between 2pm and 5pm torrential rain and severe thunderstorms.
  • Options
    3-2 charlyon coyr
  • Options
    Doesn’t sound like we should expect Taylor, Edun and Jones to feature too much to start with based on Holden’s comments yesterday. As Russell Slade once said, be patient. 
    My read too. Looks like May and Camara from the new signings, so largely a team from last season minus Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn but with a couple of Academy debutants in Anderson and Asiimwe. Should still be enough at home.
  • Options
    Been raining/drizzle on and off since 8am. Not heavy yet and stopped for now.
  • Options
    Thunder and lightning forecast for early afternoon, that, regardless of the actual state of the pitch is a serious safety issue.