Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Leyton Orient | Saturday 5th August 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I thought north lower tickets go up 48 hours before kickoff from £24-£27. Just booked two tickets £48 plus £1.50👍👍cour 2-0 nil.just read on another thread all changed now extra price increase only comes in play 1 hour before kickoff starting from tomorrow some sense at last.funk off the sandguards
  • Options
    For anyone who’s not quite as up for it as the rest of us.  Take a minute and a half of your day to watch this sky advert staring Sean Bean from the late 90s, if it doesn’t put hairs on your neck then football is gone for you, “It’s a feeling we can’t explain but spend our lives trying to explain it!”.

https://twitter.com/stusfootyflash/status/1686259357044924416?s=46

Happy new season everyone, up the charlton!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I worry Orient will want this more. Newly promoted side, won the league, with new signings... Predict they'll come bursting out the gates and shock us first half. Hopefully we can fight back. 

Also feel we're not quite there yet. Still a little disjointed and a team that's coming together. 

2-2 (we snatch a draw after a half-time rollicking from Holden).

Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Great to be back but I think until we see what side we have on 31/08 it is too early to get really excited. Our defence has lookrd all ay sea in all the games I have seen in pre-sesson and Orient will look to exploit that. 2-2 entertaining but also disappointing.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Chunes said:
    I worry Orient will want this more. Newly promoted side, won the league, with new signings... Predict they'll come bursting out the gates and shock us first half. Hopefully we can fight back. 

Also feel we're not quite there yet. Still a little disjointed and a team that's coming together. 

2-2 (we snatch a draw after a half-time rollicking from Holden).

Looking forward to it!
    Why would Orient want this more? We're at the start of a new era, with new owners and a genuine expectation of promotion, unlike last August. We have new players and players fighting to keep their place with new signings bound to arrive this month.
    I think the first game in a new league having won the championship in the previous season is a more exciting prospect for Orient. 

Yeah we have a 'new era' but we're coming off seasons of intrepid disappointment. Things are looking brighter but we're not coming off a promotion season, we don't have their mood. 

Some of our players will no doubt be suffering a hangover of nervousness / lack of confidence from the last few. 

Let's hope this feeling is wrong and we bloody crush them.
  • Options
    With heavy rain predicted all day tomorrow are we confident the game will go ahead? 
  • Options
    I want to see us dominate games and to be competitive all over the park.

Will be interesting to see how we do in attack as we still look a little light of attacking options

2-1 to the addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Important to note Orient are without Drinan and Agyei 
  • Options
    For me will depend more on where the player's heads are at than pure fitness or match fitness (obviously both important).  First game of the season, players wanting to impress, hopefully a large crowd.  New players and any promoted youngsters (Asiimwee and Anderson) will be nervous.  Holden seems into the psychology side of the game and I hope he has prepared them as, like most sports, the game is played in the head as much as the physical side.  A win will massively boost confidence.  Going for 2-0...
  • Options
    Just a quick question do they do Guinness? In ground 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    squad not good enough, couple of new signings not fit yet, one senior striker, playing a promoted team - CAFC 1 The Orient 3
    Stole my thunder. 

Best you stay at home & visit the missus. The game will live up to all of your expectations. 

We must be the only club who signs 
    8 players in the summer & less than half  start the first game.....with the other 7 or 8 starters being part of the dismal performances of last season. 

1-3 as above. Only not in the bottom 3 because teams start with points deductions. 

• Options
    3-0!
  • Options
    I saw Orient back in February against Rochdale at Brisbane Road. Sadly, Darren Pratley wasn't treading the boards that evening but that other expert exponent of the dark arts, Omar Beckles, was serenely marshalling things at the back. It's difficult to really judge given the weak opposition on the night, but I was very impressed with the O's right winger, Theo Archibald, and whether we play three at the back with wing backs or a flat back four with Thomas as a makeshift left back, I think he could well give us problems. The other area that slightly worries me is defending set plays, where we'll miss Leaburn's height and aerial ability.

Speaking from a position of relative ignorance - having not seen any of the pre-season games - I'd rather go with a 4-3-3 formation in the absence of a second striker, thereby giving Blackett-Taylor and Campbell the opportunity to utilise their pace and trickery and push Orient deeper. Orient will doubtless press us to try and force long balls, where Alfie May will be up against big and competent defenders, in consequence of which, we're likely to concede possession.

A difficult game to predict but, given that newly promoted teams are best avoided early in the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see this one end all square.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    No mate 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    No mate 
    👍
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking. this is our fourth new era in the last decade or did I miss one ?
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking. this is our fourth new era in the last decade or did I miss one ?
    Duchatelet
    ESI
    Sandgaard
    SE7 Partners
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Doesn’t sound like we should expect Taylor, Edun and Jones to feature too much to start with based on Holden’s comments yesterday. As Russell Slade once said, be patient. 
  • Options
    Doesn’t sound like we should expect Taylor, Edun and James to feature too much to start with based on Holden’s comments yesterday. As Russell Slade once said, be patient. 
    Who is James?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Doesn’t sound like we should expect Taylor, Edun and James to feature too much to start with based on Holden’s comments yesterday. As Russell Slade once said, be patient. 
    Who is James?
    Lloyd Jones I presume
  • Options
    Salmon trousers at the ready…
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Who is James?
    Must be Jones
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    cazo said:
    They do or did do Murphy's in The Fans Bar/Crossbars. 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    They do or did do Murphy's in The Fans Bar/Crossbars. 
    👍