Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Leyton Orient | Saturday 5th August 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Thunder and lightning forecast for early afternoon, that, regardless of the actual state of the pitch is a serious safety issue.
    Not with a 30-metre-tall conductor on all sides
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Thunder and lightning forecast for early afternoon, that, regardless of the actual state of the pitch is a serious safety issue.
    Which part of the country’s weather forecast are you looking at ?

• Options
    what’s the weather like in SE7? Any danger of a waterlogged pitch?
    I was just going to post .. there is a big chance this game won’t make it to 90 mins as it stands now the forecast for between 2pm and 5pm torrential rain and severe thunderstorms.
    Severe thunderstorms? Were you seeing that forecast?

• Options
    Kanu and Mitchell aren’t in the match day squad I don’t think. Horrible feeling we will see Kirk starting up top.
  • Options
    Kanu and Mitchell aren’t in the match day squad I don’t think. Horrible feeling we will see Kirk starting up top.
    Expecting minimal changes from Aberdeen, so wont surprise me if Kirk is starting. 
  • Options
    That will be a depressing start to the season. Will hopefully help to underline how important it is to get another striker in though so could be useful in the long run. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I was just going to post .. there is a big chance this game won’t make it to 90 mins as it stands now the forecast for between 2pm and 5pm torrential rain and severe thunderstorms.

Ronnie has read the weather forecast - there is a yellow warning of severe thunderstorms until 10.00pm tonight.
  • Options
    Just had the Jehovah's Witnesses at my door (for the first time in decades) it must be a sign of the new era  :D
  • Options
    BEANBAG said:
    se9addick said:

Ronnie has read the weather forecast - there is a yellow warning of severe thunderstorms until 10.00pm tonight.
    I must be looking at the wrong forecast for the area for the Valley because it looks like the only chance of the game or the ball entering into a thunderstorm likelihood area is if Nicky Bailey took another penalty 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Met office website there a weather warning 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Yellow warning of thunderstorms

ACTIVE

Started at: 11:00 BST on Sat 5 August

Ends: 22:00 BST on Sat 5 August

Heavy showers and thunderstorms may lead to some flooding and travel disruption. - There is a good chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus - Some flooding of a few homes and businesses is possible, leading to some damage to buildings or structures - Delays to train services are possible.

• Options
    Kirk out of position in a day you need to show bravery and guts....mmmh.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    se9addick said:

Met office website there a weather warning 

BBC says 90% chance of heavy rain 2-3pm, Met Office pretty much the same.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yellow warning of thunderstorms

ACTIVE

Started at: 11:00 BST on Sat 5 August

Ends: 22:00 BST on Sat 5 August

Heavy showers and thunderstorms may lead to some flooding and travel disruption. - There is a good chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus - Some flooding of a few homes and businesses is possible, leading to some damage to buildings or structures - Delays to train services are possible.

Doesn’t sound good, although a bit of thunder never hurt anyone 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Kirk out of position in a day you need to show bravery and guts....mmmh.

If we sign Luke Shaw who can overlap him Charlie Kirk will be mustard. 

Cliché corner.
  • Options
    The trains are all over the shop
    We're en route from the Midlands
    May to score.
    Us to sneak a win.  They'll score.
    Pratley will get booked.
  • Options
    clive said:
    According to the OS we seem to only be missing Leaburn  & Chuks.

So, who is lying.......Holden or the OS ??

And for those who think I'm pedantic or it doesn't matter......it really does. Otherwise why bother with a pre-match write up. Might as well just write a load of bollox......" selection problems a plenty as the whole back 5 have gone down with Covid , Alfie May has a sore throat and Charlie Kirk was last seem Thursday night at the Miller's with a couple of women old enough to be his mum" 
    Spot on. I used to look forward to reading the previews, now it is very poor.
  • Options
    Yeah not great, but if he does, I hope all get behind him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game abandoned just as Kirk completes his hat trick.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Daily Express article will be forecasting record breaking heatwave followed by Big Freeze - and that's just for today :)

• Options
    Pre season training 

For somebody with too high cholesterol, I think I hate you
  • Options
    Head is saying 1-1 but heart is saying 2-1 with goals from May & Asiimwe.

Hopefully Pratley gets a well deserved good reception from the home fans and then puts in a terrible performance.

Come on boys, get us out of this league, it all starts today.
  • Options
    Thundery showers more like.
  • Options
    HMS Pissing-around-in-the-middle-of-the-table, is off to a flyer with a hard earned point to send the faithful home happy. (The Orient faithful). 1-1
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Pre season training 

Nice, but that anaemic toast offends me  :D
    Toast underdone, egg looks like the pan wasn't hot enough when it was cracked open and sausages look overdone!