Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Leyton Orient | Saturday 5th August 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Heart says 3-0 loss, head says 3-0 win. The joys of football are back.
  • Options
    2-1
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    hat trick for Alfie, 3-1.
    the kind of expectation that sets you up to fail. 
    Okay, then .... how about Alfie misses a hat trick of sitters, and we lose 1-3 ..... ? :smile:

No, of course I'm joking (well, at least I hope so!) but for all the holes in our team, Orient have lost key players and they'll probably be full of holes also.

• Options
    Heart says 3-0 loss, head says 3-0 win. The joys of football are back.
    Shouldn't the heart want a 3-0 win, or have you swapped clubs!?
  • Options
    I am conflicted.

Supporting Charlton Athletic is hard graft.  The apathy tires you out and THEN... A new season arrives.

1-1
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    AndyG said:
    Southbank said:
    May, Camara, Jones for Rak Saki, Morgan and Inniss. Not sure how much of a net gain that is, if any.

Mate even taking into account the loss of Rak Saki if you don’t think those 3 are an overall improvement I’m astounded 
    Well, May is not better than JRS and never will be.
     Camara may be better than Morgan, we will see. Jones and Inniss, no evidence yet either way.
    So, jury is out overall-until we buy  another striker I would say we are pretty much where we were second half of last season.
    I’m not sure May can be considered a replacement for JRS I would say he replaces Stockley. Camara in place of Morgan surely is an upgrade but then so would 60% of league one midfielders be. Innis had his strengths but ultimately was a liability mate but we all think differently which is what a forum is all about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    SDAddick said:
    I can't believe it's back. I think Egbo starts, and after Saturday, I think Thomas might slot in on the left. Ness did not look great (he wasn't the only one).

Hoping Taylor and Edun are fit enough for the bench. It probably means Anderson and Assimwe miss out, but injuries and rotation will happen and I'm sure both will get their chances.

Miles on his way back and hopefully back by the end of the month, Chuks not far behind him.

First game is August 5th, and some decent players are going to miss out on the matchday squad. 
    Do you think Dean 'saved' Egbo from pre season friendlies to start the first league game. I don't quite get the logic here.
    I'll be honest, I was very surprised to see Asiimwe start the last two pre-season matches. But despite that, I struggle to see him starting opening day. I might be wrong, I might be wrong about Thomas as well, but I feel like we've seen it a fair few times down the years that the team that starts the last pre-season game isn't necessarily the one that starts the first game. Pre-season is obviously for the whole season, and not just Orient. 

If I had to guess about why Asiimwe got starts in the last two friendlies, it would be because Holden and co were trying to determine if he is ready to be the reserve RB, or if they needed to try to go out and get another RB in the market. 
  • Options
    I’m not so sure. I would be surprised if Asimwee doesn’t start on Saturday after the pre season he has had
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Southbank said:
    AndyG said:
    Southbank said:
    May, Camara, Jones for Rak Saki, Morgan and Inniss. Not sure how much of a net gain that is, if any.

Mate even taking into account the loss of Rak Saki if you don’t think those 3 are an overall improvement I’m astounded 
     Camara may be better than Morgan, we will see. Jones and Inniss, no evidence yet either way.
    So, jury is out overall-until we buy  another striker I would say we are pretty much where we were second half of last season.
    I’m not sure May can be considered a replacement for JRS I would say he replaces Stockley. Camara in place of Morgan surely is an upgrade but then so would 60% of league one midfielders be. Innis had his strengths but ultimately was a liability mate but we all think differently which is what a forum is all about
    May replaces Washington but a year late and better 
  • Options
    I would be half tempted to try Anderson in midfield with Fraser further forward, give Anderson and camara licence to support the attacks. Dobbo can sit back and sweep, if we are then winning late in the game camara and Anderson can also sit deeper and brine Campbell on for Fraser to run at a tired defence.
    Agreed 
  • Options
    3-1 win
  • Options
    3-2 Addicks.
  • Options
    4-2 Addicks - plenty going forward and Orient get a rude awakening. A May brace to get him rolling…
  • Options
    Pratley or Pigott first goals of the season... incoming. 

Seriously be good to see Pratley again. Was underestimated IMHO. He would slyly foul players all game and never get booked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ref first game at this level .. in a London derby good old EFL 
    Not a serious poster.  Please just ignore
  • Options
    2-0 home win. Solid performance, we start to believe. It's on! 
  • Options
    I would be half tempted to try Anderson in midfield with Fraser further forward, give Anderson and camara licence to support the attacks. Dobbo can sit back and sweep, if we are then winning late in the game camara and Anderson can also sit deeper and brine Campbell on for Fraser to run at a tired defence.
    Given the current options, this thought keeps entering my head. I think part of it allows Anderson a place has he could be a star for us this season. Worried we haven't tied him down though.
  • Options
    4-0 Charlton
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    AndyG said:
    Southbank said:

Jones is better than Inniss based purely on the fact he isnt Inniss
  • Options
    The Inniss a few seasons ago, I'm not sure but the Inniss of last season, abso bloody lutely.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Southbank said:

I love the optimism but can you really be certain of that ?
  • Options
    3-2.