Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aberdeen Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Back to watching the cricket I think…
  • Options
    Kirk & DJ need to be in the bin, not the squad.
    Nobody's winning promotion with those weak mentalities.

(NB I know DJ's only on the bench but you know I'm right)
  • Options
    CBTs delivery is shocking
  • Options
    Fucking hell, how shit must Millwall be !
  • Options
    nearly 0-4 there, ridiculous
  • Options
    Should be 4. So vulnerable on the break 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Well I think this answers the question about what comparable level the Scottish Premiership is 😂 
    Aberdeen are championship level, no more.
    Their front two and Shinnie are definitely playing above Championship level. We’ve not helped ourselves at all but they’ve been very very good to the point where it could be 5 or 6 already…
  • Options
    Jones looking for offside instead of motoring back there, luckily the forward missed. 
  • Options
    First time we've come up against a proper high press in pre-season and our centre backs have crumbled.

What is really concerning is the fact that we look miles off the pace. Has the feel of an early pre season game where the opposition have started a couple of weeks earlier.

Hopefully this will silence the Dobson doubters as he has been the only one who looks properly at it

Would Hector have been sent off in a league game? Have counted 3 bookable fouls so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Blackett Taylor exposed twice defensively because he isn't a wing back. Second time leads to the goal 
    Ahem, I said this at 12.25  :'(
  • Options
    0-3 HT
  • Options
    hector missed player and ball😂😂
  • Options
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    HT 0-3...Relax everyone, kicking towards The Covered End second half, plenty of time for a comeback...🙄
  • Options
    cazo said:
    hector missed player and ball😂😂
    He's been shocking all half tbf
  • Options
    If this was Hector's first game for us I'd be pretty concerned. 
  • Options
    40 minute half?
  • Options
    Orient scouts will be watching. I'm increasingly fancying a bet on the away win next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    we are are own worst enemies, but in fairness they seem to be a much better side.  Was the expectation the Scottish Premier would be a closer game or were we expecting a hiding?  It’s 3 but could be 6 and it’s only 30 minutes in.  Hardly a confidence builder…….
    Of course, Scottish Prem is just a pub league , according to many on here. :)

Aberdeen are evidently above League One showing and quickly spotted the gap behind CBT when he gets forward.
    Poor old Nessie, perhaps more comfortable in the CB pairing of a flat back 4 is hopelessly exposed plus Hector drawn out of position trying to cover him.

Back line full of holes and Aberdeen have the nous to exploit.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    40 minute half?
    Pity?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    40 minute half?
    Ref stopped it early as we were taking too much punishment.
  • Options
    Ht 3-0, missed pen, missed glorious chance, and 2 good saves from AMB.

Defensively nothing new to say on previous comments. Going forward we've had some nice build up but only really 1 real chance and it fell to Kirk.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Orient scouts will be watching. I'm increasingly fancying a bet on the away win next week.
    So your equating Aberdeen with Orient...🤷‍🤔
  • Options
    Getting properly found out at the back - defending weak, while passing out from Hector is very poor for somebody with a lot more capability than he is showing. Bright enough going forward without clear cut chances. 

Aberdeen look very good going forward and fair play to them.

Would like to see them tighten it up at the back second half more than score a goal as doubt that will be an issue come the season’s start. 
  • Options
    At the game, very early days obviously but hope our signings prove to be upgrades on what we had last season. Not sure yet. Definitely need some proper quality through the doors. Kirk can do one, he doesn’t give a flying one. Hector and ness getting a proper run around.
  • Options
    1 bar open in the North lower. Queues for days. Shocking 
  • Options
    Negatives: should be 5-0 down. Hector, Jones, CBT, Ness, Kirk, Camara

Positives: Fraser, AM-B, Dobson

Meh... May, Asiimwe.