Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aberdeen Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    S**t we need a proper left back . And quickly.

This is getting embarrassing. 
  • Options
    Jones just had to stop and he would have been offside. 
  • Options
    The only positive I can think of right now is with this coming a week before the season is it might give them all a massive kick up the backside 
  • Options
    Pathetic. CBT done again. Could drive a bus between Hector and Ness. This could be a rugby score.
  • Options
    Maybe try a plan B now? 

CBT can't play this position ever again.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    we are are own worst enemies, but in fairness they seem to be a much better side.  Was the expectation the Scottish Premier would be a closer game or were we expecting a hiding?  It’s 3 but could be 6 and it’s only 30 minutes in.  Hardly a confidence builder…….
  • Options
    Not there today but was worried about Ness on the left. I think Deji or Thomas would be better there.

One positive is this result could mean we buy another defender or 2 
  • Options
    Get CBT off.
  • Options
    I know he’s not a wingback but CBT I’m my mind has been responsible for 2 of the goals, so much space in behind on that side.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Every defender bar Asimwe having a stinker. Ness and Hec are a shit show and CBT may as well not be there 
    Jones has been alright too, it’s Hec Ness and CBT that have been the issue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's Charlton init?

• Options
    Literally stopped the game now for a "drinks break" Holden giving them an earful
  • Options
    Whoever said CBT can be a starting wing back as long as we have a defensive one on the right hand side, you were wrong. Absolute shambles defensively here 
  • Options
    Defending is awful. Ness having a mare, need some changes at HT that's for sure!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Ness  all over the place and 3 yards behind play and looks to heavy
  • Options
    Reality check. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    So 7 of the side that wasn’t good enough last year starting just can’t see the hyp about this side yet .
    Hope I’m wrong !
    It's not complete though, is it?

Both Holden and Methven have hinted about more players to come in + Taylor, Edun and Leaburn.
    Wait and see what the regular lineup will be once the transfer window is closed.

Ok but as I was saying half these players weren’t good enough last year and as it stands at present I’m very worried again , when a side can just walk through your midfield there’s a big problem
  • Options
    We just look slow and lightweight physially
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Maybe try a plan B now? 

CBT can't play this position ever again.
    It's showing that we can't use CBT as cover for Edun in this position, unless it's against really weak opposition, as he can't defend.

DJ would be a better defensive alternative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mentioned in the Wealdstone game how you could see the same defensive frailties as last year.

Clear it’s not been addressed, and in my opinion there’s no way we are a top 6 team with Ness starting at the majority of games. 

Hope we revisit the idea of getting a left footer LCB in. 
  • Options
    Playing 352 without quality wingbacks is suicide. 

I know Edun might not be ready, but surely we should be testing out something else? What if Edun gets injured? What if he's useless?

There has to be a plan B.
  • Options
    Egbo and Thomas on at Halftime is my guess
  • Options
    Well I think this answers the question about what comparable level the Scottish Premiership is 😂 
  • Options
    Not having a striker makes a huge difference. Ball just keeps coming back everytime we get hold of it
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Well I think this answers the question about what comparable level the Scottish Premiership is 😂 
    Even if you take Aberdeen as a top championship side, this performance is horrid.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Aberdeen are championship level, no more.