Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aberdeen Match Thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    I expect Taylor will be Dobson’s main competition rather than McGrandles.
    Oh ok, I thought he was supposed to be more for the Morgan/Henry role.
    Might be used there too, but while McGrandles has played as a holding midfielder it’s not his best position.
    It’s hard to keep up with what some of our best players’ best positions actually are. 
    People are now talking about Fraser playing up top with May, which has done my head in a bit. Thought he was our main midfield play maker?
    At least we know with Dobbo. And Hector. 
    It shouldn't really do your head in. We have an issue with that position until we bring somebody in and it is a question of how you best cover it. Fraser is definitely an option seeing as we can put in a strong midfielder and he can still perform part of his exsisting role in the team. The question is, do you put an ineffective player in that position or an effective one. Of course you would hope we bring in a player for that position but I'm confident we will strengthen as the weeks go on.

Ultimately, I trust Holden and if he starts with Kirk, that is fine with me and is again covering off a problem position. 
    I was unconvinced by Fraser last season, but he seems have improved his game since then. Let’s hope that continues in the real matches. 
  • Options
    I've just watched the "highlights" of the match on the official site. It's a bloody good job that I bought my Orient ticket beforehand.