Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aberdeen Match Thread

Looks like a "first 11" pending further business

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Indeed it does … plus Taylor
  • Options
    No Taylor ?

Of course not......he only signed this week.

Might get a look at him mid-August. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    And Edun
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    No Taylor ?

Of course not......he only signed this week.

Might get a look at him mid-August. 
    He hasn't played for ages, as got injured for Burton

Be surprised if his debut (Same for Edun) isnt against Newport
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    stonemuse said:
    That's assuming Taylor is first choice, I'm assuming he's there to fight it out with Dobson/Camara for one of those deeper roles rather than starting.

Scoham said:
    And Edun
    Yes, he's probably going to be first choice
  • Options
    Really seems like Kirk may be starting next weekend
  • Options
    Strange why Edun isn't at least on the bench
  • Options
    One would assume our possible weakest link is the space behind the attacking wing backs, particularly behind CBT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Edun and Sess (hopefully) in for the 2 wing backs, Anderson in for Kirk and push fraser closer to May would be my starting lineup
  • Options
    I also feel we need someone to cover CBT as (1) he is also prone to injuries (2) he does have his off days especially when the defender gets the better of him and he goes into hiding.
  • Options
    Anyone care to guess the formation? Apart from the obvious bits, I must admit I'm puzzled.
  • Options
    Anyone care to guess the formation? Apart from the obvious bits, I must admit I'm puzzled.
    3-5-2 with CBT and Asiimwe at wing backs and Kirk playing alongisde/slightly behind May?
  • Options
    There are some weak spots in that team. Esp up front still sadly.
  • Options
    Holden said in midweek that Edun isn't quite ready as he's only been training on a small pitch at Blackburn and not included in their pre-season friendlies.

Taylor, it was said, as a free agent has been doing pre-season at Burton but not included in their friendly matches.
    Obviously both players are behind the match fitness levels of our squad.

• Options
    If any of this starting 11 get a knock then we could be in a bit of trouble.
    Still lots of work to do on the squad build
  • Options
    So 7 of the side that wasn’t good enough last year starting just can’t see the hyp about this side yet .
    Hope I’m wrong !
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Holden said in midweek that Edun isn't quite ready as he's only been training on a small pitch at Blackburn and not included in their pre-season friendlies.

Taylor, it was said, as a free agent has been doing pre-season at Burton but not included in their friendly matches.

But isn't the point of friendlies to give players match fitness? They aren't going to get match fit sitting out are they
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We hear the battle cry……
  • Options
    Any sign of that egregious assault on the auditory system, "Addicks to mediocrity"?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

But isn't the point of friendlies to give players match fitness? They aren't going to get match fit sitting out are they
    On the face of it, yes ...... but as proved at Millwall midweek, Holden is expecting his team today to play with intensity to replicate what's demanded in a League fixture.
    If he doesn't think those 2 lads are ready, he's not going to risk wrecking them today.

Anyway, IMO today's starting 11 know Edun and Taylor haven't been signed to be fringe players.
    If they want to keep the shirt, they'll need to show they're worth the place. Healthy competition.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Welcome back to The Valley everyone, pitch looks good really looking forward to this match, Aberdeen should be a good test nothing like The Valley to lift your spirits, good to be back...
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I also feel we need someone to cover CBT as (1) he is also prone to injuries (2) he does have his off days especially when the defender gets the better of him and he goes into hiding.
    That's Campbell, surely?
  • Options
    follett said:
    3-5-2 with CBT and Asiimwe at wing backs and Kirk playing alongisde/slightly behind May?
    That's what it looks like to me also, maybe more of a 3-1-4-1-1 ........ with Dobson sitting, and Kirk in the hole?