Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    removed this message as I've realised the real meaning of what I was questioning
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Where's Dubai and the other ITK gone? Be interesting to see if they know anything about any official announcement today?
    Not sure why it hasn’t been officially announced yet. Maybe they are briefing the media team to make an announcement later on today 
    Do you recon they'll have a press conference video ready or at least an interview with Charlton TV? Or is this just something you wouldn't know.
  • Options
    Will TS send us a farewell message wishing us all the best and saying he had the clubs best interest at heart, which I think he did at the beginning but unfortunately totally underestimated the dosh 💰 required to fulfil the pipe dream he had?
  • Options
    Is this going to be better than all the other takeovers?  If so, how?
    Money 
    Is that actual real money, or is it "money".  Because we've seen a lot of the latter in the last 15 years,
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    "Why isn't the takeover being announced. it's all doom and gloom".

Takeover is announced.

"We're on for a points deduction"

Seriously. There is no helping some people.
    Why have people suggested a points deduction hahaha
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Can I be the first to say ….  SE7 OUT
    You might get your wish sooner than you think...

Methven told the Dossier that all the consortium was grouped together under the Global Football Partners name, partly to satisfy EFL.
    are you being serious with this? that doesn't sound like a situation which would benefit the club at the moment ? 
    I’m not being anything, I’m reporting what CM has told me. As you’ll see from what he said in May the initial structure looked pretty messy to me, and certainly wasn’t going to work when the consortium expanded further during the following weeks. I’m not surprised the EFL wanted it cleaned up. It’s also good that, as someone reported earlier, the EFL has insisted on every “relevant person” presumably everyone with 10% or more, has had to make specific funding assurances. 

What is  it that concerns you? Possibly some misunderstanding, due to  me having the advantage of knowing what the original structure was, but not being able to discuss it.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    HMS Piss The League has been refitted and is ready to launch
    Just hope it hasn't been patched together with duct tape. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    The Cawley article contains an interesting bit of information, or at least makes clear something that seemed to me to be a bit vague.
    Each shareholder has to have two years money to keep Charlton going in proportion to their shareholding or they don’t get the nod from the EFL.
    In back of an envelope terms if the club loses 10 million a year (20 over two years) and Mr Methven has a 10% share, then he has to prove he is good for 2 million over the next two years.
    I would expect the EFL to have some kind of method where that 20 million is locked away in a vault of some kind for two years (accumulated in proportion to shareholding) and those monies are released at need by some kind of burser.
    Now I know with my business ignorance it probably doesn’t work quite like that, maybe somebody can clarify how indeed it does work.
    What stops somebody showing they have funds for the future, but not fronting up when the need arises?
    I don’t think the EFL lock the funds away in some sort of high security vault in Preston! I would imagine you just need to demonstrate sufficiency of funds for the duration (I.e you have adequate liquid assets to cover your share of the running costs) 
    Correct - proof of sufficiency of funds is all that is required, not the funds up front locked away in some escrow account. 
    But I wouldn't be surprised if there was an investors agreement that achieved the equivalent of an escrow account to limit their individual exposures to funding the losses.  Might be question that could be thrown in given the small investors may not be so safe a bet.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    The Cawley article contains an interesting bit of information, or at least makes clear something that seemed to me to be a bit vague.
    Each shareholder has to have two years money to keep Charlton going in proportion to their shareholding or they don’t get the nod from the EFL.
    In back of an envelope terms if the club loses 10 million a year (20 over two years) and Mr Methven has a 10% share, then he has to prove he is good for 2 million over the next two years.
    I would expect the EFL to have some kind of method where that 20 million is locked away in a vault of some kind for two years (accumulated in proportion to shareholding) and those monies are released at need by some kind of burser.
    Now I know with my business ignorance it probably doesn’t work quite like that, maybe somebody can clarify how indeed it does work.
    What stops somebody showing they have funds for the future, but not fronting up when the need arises?
    I don’t think the EFL lock the funds away in some sort of high security vault in Preston! I would imagine you just need to demonstrate sufficiency of funds for the duration (I.e you have adequate liquid assets to cover your share of the running costs) 
    Correct - proof of sufficiency of funds is all that is required, not the funds up front locked away in some escrow account. 
    Does that lead to a risk if shareholders are called on to make good their promise but they refuse, or melt away when that time comes?
    If the club, like any other business, fails to pay the bills as and when they fall due then they are insolvent and the EFL can take action.
    Which presumably means points deductions and fines.

In that scenario I imagine a few of us will watch and study each and every shareholder like a hawk in order to get an early warning that a points deduction might be coming down the track.

I know that sounds negative, but it also seems to be reality.

In my defence I repeat that I was the first person on CL to warn about the Southall takeover, it was at a time when a lot of people were urging the EFL to hurry up and approve him. My warning back then was about sufficiency of funds.

Predictably I was roundly castigated by other CL posters as being negative, many of whom were probably chanting ‘we’re effing rich’ soon afterwards.
    Cheer up lad
    Hey Proper lad…who’s the investor then who’s already a Charlton fan ? 
  • Options
    razil said:
    At least we may be rid of Addicks to Victory - think I’d rather Escape to Victory, get Sly in goal now.
    Part of the deal was that we have to keep playing it for the next five years.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    limeygent said:
    razil said:
    At least we may be rid of Addicks to Victory - think I’d rather Escape to Victory, get Sly in goal now.
    Part of the deal was that we have to keep playing it for the next five years.
    Just make sure you play it when we are playing away then, sure the pigeons will enjoy it...🤔
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    Does that lead to a risk if shareholders are called on to make good their promise but they refuse, or melt away when that time comes?
    If the club, like any other business, fails to pay the bills as and when they fall due then they are insolvent and the EFL can take action.
    Which presumably means points deductions and fines.

In that scenario I imagine a few of us will watch and study each and every shareholder like a hawk in order to get an early warning that a points deduction might be coming down the track.

I know that sounds negative, but it also seems to be reality.

In my defence I repeat that I was the first person on CL to warn about the Southall takeover, it was at a time when a lot of people were urging the EFL to hurry up and approve him. My warning back then was about sufficiency of funds.

Predictably I was roundly castigated by other CL posters as being negative, many of whom were probably chanting ‘we’re effing rich’ soon afterwards.
    Cheer up lad
    Hey Proper lad…who’s the investor then who’s already a Charlton fan ? 
    Gavin Carter I think
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Can I be the first to say ….  SE7 OUT
    You might get your wish sooner than you think...

Methven told the Dossier that all the consortium was grouped together under the Global Football Partners name, partly to satisfy EFL.
    are you being serious with this? that doesn't sound like a situation which would benefit the club at the moment ? 
    I’m not being anything, I’m reporting what CM has told me. As you’ll see from what he said in May the initial structure looked pretty messy to me, and certainly wasn’t going to work when the consortium expanded further during the following weeks. I’m not surprised the EFL wanted it cleaned up. It’s also good that, as someone reported earlier, the EFL has insisted on every “relevant person” presumably everyone with 10% or more, has had to make specific funding assurances. 

What is  it that concerns you? Possibly some misunderstanding, due to  me having the advantage of knowing what the original structure was, but not being able to discuss it.
    yeah sorry I miss understood your message. on re reading it I realised what you meant but it was too late when I edited the original!  I had thought you meant the new owners would be outed and TS would return. I now know you mean the structure. 

sorry for the miss understanding. I can only put it down to post traumatic ownership disorder ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    But I wouldn't be surprised if there was an investors agreement that achieved the equivalent of an escrow account to limit their individual exposures to funding the losses.  Might be question that could be thrown in given the small investors may not be so safe a bet.

Agreed - there will very likely be contractual obligations/escrow accounts as part of the consortiums internal agreements.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    I imagine it’s taking so long to announce because it’s taking CM a while to setup the whatsapp group with the 90 thousand or so investors to let them know it’s gone through. 

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Ive heard from my accountant and solicitor. We can expect new today. As for all the jealous brokies proclaiming me a fantasist, dont be jealous that im in ITK because me and Martin Sandgaatd ran black ops in Vietnam.
    Dagenham more like
    Ewwwwww Dagenham
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    "Why isn't the takeover being announced. it's all doom and gloom".

Takeover is announced.

"We're on for a points deduction"

Seriously. There is no helping some people.
    Why have people suggested a points deduction hahaha
    That’ll be Sanguaard’s over spending and breach of FFP.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    See what i told everyone ? It would be announced and its been announced. Im the only person truly ITK and i can reveal its because I am part of the consortium and now own around 4% of a club i have loved for the past 3 months. All those who questioned me must now bend the knee and put their faith in me from now on. Needless to say ive had the last laugh.

Ill be at miller and carter celebrating tonight feel free to come and thank me.
    I'm in - love a steak at Miller and Carter :)
  • Options
    I wish they'd announce something...... anything frankly. They know that we know, although there are some things that we know we don't know, and they know that we don't know them...

• Options
    Is this going to be better than all the other takeovers?  If so, how?
    Money 
    Is that actual real money, or is it "money".  Because we've seen a lot of the latter in the last 15 years,
    What does this even mean? There’s been no real shortage of money, plenty has been spent, it’s just been spent awfully. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I wish they'd announce something...... anything frankly. They know that we know, although there are some things that we know we don't know, and they know that we don't know them...

It will be officially announced in the coming hours, either this afternoon, just before or after Gills and possibly may be pushed until tomorrow so that we dont distract from the match.

As new part owner happy to answer any questions regarding the direction we plan to take.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Comments from Peter Storrie in the SLP Camara announcement...

😉