Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    The Cawley article contains an interesting bit of information, or at least makes clear something that seemed to me to be a bit vague.
    Each shareholder has to have two years money to keep Charlton going in proportion to their shareholding or they don’t get the nod from the EFL.
    In back of an envelope terms if the club loses 10 million a year (20 over two years) and Mr Methven has a 10% share, then he has to prove he is good for 2 million over the next two years.
    I would expect the EFL to have some kind of method where that 20 million is locked away in a vault of some kind for two years (accumulated in proportion to shareholding) and those monies are released at need by some kind of burser.
    Now I know with my business ignorance it probably doesn’t work quite like that, maybe somebody can clarify how indeed it does work.
    What stops somebody showing they have funds for the future, but not fronting up when the need arises?
    I don’t think the EFL lock the funds away in some sort of high security vault in Preston! I would imagine you just need to demonstrate sufficiency of funds for the duration (I.e you have adequate liquid assets to cover your share of the running costs) 
    Correct - proof of sufficiency of funds is all that is required, not the funds up front locked away in some escrow account. 
  • Options
    What a day it's going to be.

Coffee. Custard. And these bad boys on order.

Definitely not for me.

Slim fit?
  • Options
    There are 24 clubs aiming for promotion.  Are we in a better position than most and than we have for the past few seasons? We'll see, soon enough.  The investors have been sold the 'dream' - are the jigsaw pieces now in place - let's see what unfolds and if the team can start winning.  Winning football matches is far more important than all the 'hot air' we've heard too much of, for too many years.  I want promotion out of Division 3 as soon as possible.  God bless us.
  • Options
    Please to see the back of TS and co. 

My only concern is the lease on 'The Valley and SL. Is there not a break in a year or so?, at that point we can be moved if they want to save the £500k rent. 

Will 'Burger Boy be leaving or staying as eyes and ears for RD? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Last thread closed on page 777 - Is it a lucky sign, a planned event or purely a coincidence?

Find out next time on Takeover Threads Gone Wild. 
    Takeover Threads - the new Takeover Twitter..
  • Options
    What sort of takeover thread do you call this. Won't be true unless it's at least at 100 pages long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this a record for the least exciting takeover ever?
  • Options
    When will the Red Red Robin (EDM remix) be released? 
  • Options
    razil said:
    I'm more than happy with that - strong and stable all the way.

Oh wait .....
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    At least we may be rid of Addicks to Victory - think I’d rather Escape to Victory, get Sly in goal now.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Can’t get excited about the takeover when The Valley and Sparrow’s Lane are still owned by the odious Duchatelet but we were withering on the vine under Sandgaard, so there are at least some grounds for optimism, however guarded.

We shall see.
    Why we have 13 year left in the lease .. they are not a problem at all 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Can’t get excited about the takeover when The Valley and Sparrow’s Lane are still owned by the odious Duchatelet but we were withering on the vine under Sandgaard, so there are at least some grounds for optimism, however guarded.

We shall see.
    Why we have 13 year left in the lease .. they are not a problem at all 
    With your obvious access to a very effective crystal ball, what happens in 2036, Col?
  • Options
    As long as they keep Floyd and Harvey then it'll be ok
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Oh yeah, that's it, all you guys now a whooping and a hooping lets cut this out right now can we and get back to what we're good at, doom and gloom or should we......

Live It Up Isley Brothers

https://youtu.be/tOvb4uA9E7E
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    razil said:
    ESI v2 and v3 were less exciting.

Naa there was far more imminent doom and skulduggery 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Can people please stop quoting pink trousers!
    It's doing my nut in on such a pivotal day for our club. Red is the only way.

Nice Army BC blazer to the fore.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Can people please stop quoting pink trousers!
    It's doing my nut in on such a pivotal day for our club. Red is the only way.

Nice Army BC blazer to the fore.
    I can't see it.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say ….  SE7 OUT
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Uboat said:
    What a day it's going to be.

Coffee. Custard. And these bad boys on order.

Apparently there will be a pair of salmon chinos on every seat for the Orient game. Classy gesture. 
    100 Euro to look like a plonker...wow!
    To be fair TS probably spent €10m+ to look like a plonker.