Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Sandgaard still has to sign the letter? Hmmmm
    Bet he’s an awkward sod over that 
    He’s a rockstar yeh. Charges for autographs. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Is this going to be better than all the other takeovers?  If so, how?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    What a day it's going to be.

Coffee. Custard. And these bad boys on order.

Full Length Photo of Positive Cheerful Fat Man Enjoy
  • Options
    Now is the time to wait and see. I am certainly not unhappy with transfers so far but we are still not where we need to be so I am waiting for the evidence that we look to be in that space. There is still good time for that so no need to panic or get frustrated.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Now is the time to wait and see. I am certainly not unhappy with transfers so far but we are still not where we need to be so I am waiting for the evidence that we look to be in that space. There is still good time for that so no need to panic or get frustrated.
    I get it - I just don't have any kind of emotional response to this other than, oh, this again?  But agree with you re transfers so far.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    The Cawley article contains an interesting bit of information, or at least makes clear something that seemed to me to be a bit vague.
    Each shareholder has to have two years money to keep Charlton going in proportion to their shareholding or they don’t get the nod from the EFL.
    In back of an envelope terms if the club loses 10 million a year (20 over two years) and Mr Methven has a 10% share, then he has to prove he is good for 2 million over the next two years.
    I would expect the EFL to have some kind of method where that 20 million is locked away in a vault of some kind for two years (accumulated in proportion to shareholding) and those monies are released at need by some kind of burser.
    Now I know with my business ignorance it probably doesn’t work quite like that, maybe somebody can clarify how indeed it does work.
    What stops somebody showing they have funds for the future, but not fronting up when the need arises?
    I don’t think the EFL lock the funds away in some sort of high security vault in Preston! I would imagine you just need to demonstrate sufficiency of funds for the duration (I.e you have adequate liquid assets to cover your share of the running costs) 
    Correct - proof of sufficiency of funds is all that is required, not the funds up front locked away in some escrow account. 
    Does that lead to a risk if shareholders are called on to make good their promise but they refuse, or melt away when that time comes?
  • Options
    razil said:
    At least we may be rid of Addicks to Victory - think I’d rather Escape to Victory, get Sly in goal now.
    We will have an early test of that notion when we await the streaming this evening.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Gribbo said:
    Unless it's held a bit like rental deposit is, by an independent (government run?) body?
    It's called an Escrow Account.

Thanks to Cafe West and Bob Munro for today's Buzz word: Escrow 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Can I be the first to say ….  SE7 OUT
    You might get your wish sooner than you think...

Methven told the Dossier that all the consortium was grouped together under the Global Football Partners name, partly to satisfy EFL.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Methven told the Dossier that all the consortium was grouped together under the Global Football Partners name, partly to satisfy EFL.
    Well, it can go one of two ways...
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

When do you plan to publish the interview, Richard - now or when the Club formally announces the takeover is complete?
  • Options
    Gabriel Brener being mentioned in the article:

The legacy of Gabriel Brener and Matt Jordan : r/dynamo (reddit.com)

Not a great read…
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    The Cawley article contains an interesting bit of information, or at least makes clear something that seemed to me to be a bit vague.
    Each shareholder has to have two years money to keep Charlton going in proportion to their shareholding or they don’t get the nod from the EFL.
    In back of an envelope terms if the club loses 10 million a year (20 over two years) and Mr Methven has a 10% share, then he has to prove he is good for 2 million over the next two years.
    I would expect the EFL to have some kind of method where that 20 million is locked away in a vault of some kind for two years (accumulated in proportion to shareholding) and those monies are released at need by some kind of burser.
    Now I know with my business ignorance it probably doesn’t work quite like that, maybe somebody can clarify how indeed it does work.
    What stops somebody showing they have funds for the future, but not fronting up when the need arises?
    I don’t think the EFL lock the funds away in some sort of high security vault in Preston! I would imagine you just need to demonstrate sufficiency of funds for the duration (I.e you have adequate liquid assets to cover your share of the running costs) 
    Correct - proof of sufficiency of funds is all that is required, not the funds up front locked away in some escrow account. 
    Does that lead to a risk if shareholders are called on to make good their promise but they refuse, or melt away when that time comes?
    If the club, like any other business, fails to pay the bills as and when they fall due then they are insolvent and the EFL can take action.
    Which presumably means points deductions and fines.

In that scenario I imagine a few of us will watch and study each and every shareholder like a hawk in order to get an early warning that a points deduction might be coming down the track.

I know that sounds negative, but it also seems to be reality.

In my defence I repeat that I was the first person on CL to warn about the Southall takeover, it was at a time when a lot of people were urging the EFL to hurry up and approve him. My warning back then was about sufficiency of funds.

Predictably I was roundly castigated by other CL posters as being negative, many of whom were probably chanting ‘we’re effing rich’ soon afterwards.
    Cheer up lad
    Congratulations on your graduation. I hope the ceremonials were really nice.
    If I am right in remembering what you posted I reckon you qualify as a lad much more than me.
    I qualify as a miserable old git.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:

If one part of a large consortium starts to fail then wouldn’t it ultimately reflect badly on the other parts and serious businessmen’s reputation ? Would think unless it’s a major player with major financial responsibilities, any reasonable financial problems that were outside of the football club in nature would be picked up by the remainder.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    If the club, like any other business, fails to pay the bills as and when they fall due then they are insolvent and the EFL can take action.
    Which presumably means points deductions and fines.

In that scenario I imagine a few of us will watch and study each and every shareholder like a hawk in order to get an early warning that a points deduction might be coming down the track.

I know that sounds negative, but it also seems to be reality.

In my defence I repeat that I was the first person on CL to warn about the Southall takeover, it was at a time when a lot of people were urging the EFL to hurry up and approve him. My warning back then was about sufficiency of funds.

Predictably I was roundly castigated by other CL posters as being negative, many of whom were probably chanting ‘we’re effing rich’ soon afterwards.
    Cheer up lad
    Congratulations on your graduation. I hope the ceremonials were really nice.
    If I am right in remembering what you posted I reckon you qualify as a lad much more than me.
    I qualify as a miserable old git.
    Thank you. Sadly, the ceremony doesn't start until this evening. I have a long day of waiting around before the excitement begins. At least the takeover has put me in a good mood.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

If one part of a large consortium starts to fail then wouldn’t it ultimately reflect badly on the other parts and serious businessmen’s reputation ? Would think unless it’s a major player with major financial responsibilities, any reasonable financial problems that were outside of the football club in nature would be picked up by the remainder.
    I think this is a good observation.
    If all media and other sources constantly refer to us as being owned by Friedman, or Ruppert or whoever, they may not want their reputation tarnished if others in the consortium don’t front up and expose us to risk.
    How such a scenario might be managed I’m not sure, maybe they will make up for any let down by others by finding more money.
  • Options
    👏 Good effort @thai malaysia addick

Six Stanzas with an AA, BB, CC rhyming scheme all the way down to LL.
  • Options
    Croydon said: Glad it's done but I'm still keen for the official breakdown of ownership. Just how long do you have ?

I may be wrong ( did I dream it?) but am sure I read that there are 9 different groups involved each or most with multiple investors.

• Options
    IIOTOSY?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    MrWalker said:
    Can people please stop quoting pink trousers!
    It's doing my nut in on such a pivotal day for our club. Red is the only way.

Nice Army BC blazer to the fore.
    I can't see it.
    très drôle
  • Options
    IIOTOSY?
    NIINOTOSYSBHIWBOTOSASPT