Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Today is a surprising choice if it happens because it would distract from a vital pre season friendly.

It's all about

At this stage.
  • Options
    Much too early. No sense of drama or suspense. Very disappointed. 
  • Options
    Ahhh...WIOTOS...🤔
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So it's all waiting on the sale of the Women's team to be approved 
    That's how I read it.  I think that comes from the FA 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Got myself a fancy new profile picture for the occasion
    Me too
  • Options
    Another takeover thread. 

@AFKABartram must've had page 777 on the other takeover thread sweepstake 😀
  • Options
    "Sandgaard also has to counter-sign an EFL letter. Each investor in SE7 Partners has had to sign a letter confirming a two-year cash commitment – relevant to their percentage of ownership – at the financial level determined by the EFL’s funding department."

Anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    What a day it's going to be.

Coffee. Custard. And these bad boys on order.

Apparently there will be a pair of salmon chinos on every seat for the Orient game. Classy gesture. 
    Already got a pair
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Apparently there will be a pair of salmon chinos on every seat for the Orient game. Classy gesture. 
    100 Euro to look like a plonker...wow!
  • Options
    Unless it's held a bit like rental deposit is, by an independent (government run?) body?
  • Options
    Sandgaard still has to sign the letter? Hmmmm
    Bet he’s an awkward sod over that 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    "Sandgaard also has to counter-sign an EFL letter. Each investor in SE7 Partners has had to sign a letter confirming a two-year cash commitment – relevant to their percentage of ownership – at the financial level determined by the EFL’s funding department."

Anyone?
    All done.. 

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Gribbo said:
    Unless it's held a bit like rental deposit is, by an independent (government run?) body?
    It's called an Escrow Account.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Still feeling very uneasy about our long term future but I have to say I'm feeling quite optimistic about this season at least.
    Yep this is where I am at the moment. Short term we have a much better chance of doing well for the next 2-3 years but will be interested to hear the long term plan if there is one 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    Smithy said:
    Still feeling very uneasy about our long term future but I have to say I'm feeling quite optimistic about this season at least.
    Yep this is where I am at the moment. Short term we have a much better chance of doing well for the next 2-3 years but will be interested to hear the long term plan if there is one 
    There will be a time limited plan of that I have no doubt but apart from the usual takeover guff of ambition, history, blah blah we won’t hear the real intentions. 
  • Options

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    I now expect promotion this year or at worst next.
    A step forward for the club.
    Good news.
    If we look at the standard of the league this season surely if we dont get promoted this year we never will ?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The Cawley article contains an interesting bit of information, or at least makes clear something that seemed to me to be a bit vague.
    Each shareholder has to have two years money to keep Charlton going in proportion to their shareholding or they don’t get the nod from the EFL.
    In back of an envelope terms if the club loses 10 million a year (20 over two years) and Mr Methven has a 10% share, then he has to prove he is good for 2 million over the next two years.
    I would expect the EFL to have some kind of method where that 20 million is locked away in a vault of some kind for two years (accumulated in proportion to shareholding) and those monies are released at need by some kind of burser.
    Now I know with my business ignorance it probably doesn’t work quite like that, maybe somebody can clarify how indeed it does work.
    What stops somebody showing they have funds for the future, but not fronting up when the need arises?
    I don’t think the EFL lock the funds away in some sort of high security vault in Preston! I would imagine you just need to demonstrate sufficiency of funds for the duration (I.e you have adequate liquid assets to cover your share of the running costs) 
  • Options

Slim fit - you gotta be joking! 🤓