Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    I am always waiting around for my woman, so frustrating 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    So it's the FA signing off on the women's team that seems to be causing the delay. Brilliant 
    If won't cause any delay in the men's team ownership - based on the news that the EFL have cleared the takeover then funds can be made available to Holden without breaching any ownership rules.

The women's team has nothing to do with the EFL.
    Allegedly Sandgaard won't sign the final paperwork until the FA sign off on the women's team, to protect them and to ensure they are also transferred.
    He signed all the paperwork he needs to hence the EFL passing the takeover.. FA have had the signed paperwork for two weeks but just not rubber stamped it...
  • Options
    What's purchasing the women's team got to do with purchasing the mens team? Thought they were completely different entities, or is there something saying that if you can't own one, you can't own the other? If there is, wtf is it handled by 2 different organisations?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Waiting for
    Top Rubber Stamp Stickers for Android  iOS  Gfycat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Runs for cover !

Just suggested this idea to the Wife.

Need to find somewhere to sleep tonight now
    Was gonna say you can stay round my mate, but not with an attitude like that you're not.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I'm not sure why the Women's team would delay any announcement? Surely that can be just a footnote in the official statement. 
    It could if TS or the new owners won’t complete the takeover without it.
    Fair point, TS won't want to be lumped with the costs should they not get approval. Although I can't see the new owners having any interest in owning the women's team, if the the goal is to flip the club. 
    Women's football is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Two seasons of good investment and they can be a relatively safe top tier team which would bring in £ for little investment. They would be stupid not to see the potential
    Making a profit. Nonsense.
    Much easier than in the men’s game…
  • Options
    Women always bloody late
  • Options
    Btw I expect CM's shares are a different class of shares that have less voting rights but have the same "value" as other money investors and as such whilst he'll share in any share sale proceeds, he won't be expected to finance running costs.

Just my hunch.  For now.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    I'm not sure why the Women's team would delay any announcement? Surely that can be just a footnote in the official statement. 
    Fair point, TS won't want to be lumped with the costs should they not get approval. Although I can't see the new owners having any interest in owning the women's team, if the the goal is to flip the club. 
    Women's football is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Two seasons of good investment and they can be a relatively safe top tier team which would bring in £ for little investment. They would be stupid not to see the potential
    Which teams in the WSL make a profit?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    The conversation was in relation to flipping the club. WSL team will be worth a hell of a lot more than a FAWC team. 
  • Options
    Someone give me a promote?
  • Options
    Storrie commenting on the Camara transfer, it'll be interesting how long he hangs around
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sm said:
    Blucher said:
    Can’t get excited about the takeover when The Valley and Sparrow’s Lane are still owned by the odious Duchatelet but we were withering on the vine under Sandgaard, so there are at least some grounds for optimism, however guarded.

We shall see.
    Why we have 13 year left in the lease .. they are not a problem at all 
    So the assigned lease is the same as the previous one?
    Just taken it over... 
    Congratulations 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:

• Options
    Any announcement now clashes with the big one.
  • Options
    Interesting that the women's team are announcing a few extended contracts today..
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:

Good to know revenues are up, wonder when the profits will follow?
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Btw I expect CM's shares are a different class of shares that have less voting rights but have the same "value" as other money investors and as such whilst he'll share in any share sale proceeds, he won't be expected to finance running costs.

Just my hunch.  For now.
    I thought his shares were in the offshore holding company not SE7 Partners.
  • Options
    The issue with the women team as now been recified with an apology from the FA 
  • Options
    As it? Sauce, please
  • Options
    As it? Sauce, please
    Nicked it from another forum