Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    Just catching up. So men's takeover is complete, women's is with the FA and final announcement won't be until both are done which could be however long?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    See what i told everyone ? It would be announced and its been announced. Im the only person truly ITK and i can reveal its because I am part of the consortium and now own around 4% of a club i have loved for the past 3 months. All those who questioned me must now bend the knee and put their faith in me from now on. Needless to say ive had the last laugh.

Ill be at miller and carter celebrating tonight feel free to come and thank me.
    The Weatherspoons of steak houses.
    Agreed but i dont want to look too out of touch with my new customer base. We all want the best for the mighty red addicts right ? Cant upset customers
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:

Wishful thinking, but maybe "It's official ✍️" is a hint?

It's not like Camará was excessively rumoured about
    We had a day of Instagram posts hinting... so yeah the deal is official 
  • Options
    Can I now get back to pulling my hair out over the team on the pitch?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Can I be the first to say ….  SE7 OUT
    You might get your wish sooner than you think...

Methven told the Dossier that all the consortium was grouped together under the Global Football Partners name, partly to satisfy EFL.
    are you being serious with this? that doesn't sound like a situation which would benefit the club at the moment ? 
    I’m not being anything, I’m reporting what CM has told me. As you’ll see from what he said in May the initial structure looked pretty messy to me, and certainly wasn’t going to work when the consortium expanded further during the following weeks. I’m not surprised the EFL wanted it cleaned up. It’s also good that, as someone reported earlier, the EFL has insisted on every “relevant person” presumably everyone with 10% or more, has had to make specific funding assurances. 

What is  it that concerns you? Possibly some misunderstanding, due to  me having the advantage of knowing what the original structure was, but not being able to discuss it.
    I may be reading too much into your description above or misunderstanding but I wouldn’t have thought the EFL can dictate the structure of the corporate ownership. 

I would however imagine the consortium have agreed to simplify / restructure to their collective advantage and be clear on ownership share / liability etc. 

The EFL would find it easier to digest and follow but not sure they can dictate. 
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    I just spoke to Barbara on the phone. She asked me if I supported Charlton to which I replied yes. She said “Why don’t you support a proper club you wanker” I asked her who she supported to which she replied “Millwall”, I  said “No wonder you’re lonely”
    Probably BBW
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not going to happen today is it.
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Bods64 said:
    I just spoke to Barbara on the phone. She asked me if I supported Charlton to which I replied yes. She said “Why don’t you support a proper club you wanker” I asked her who she supported to which she replied “Millwall”, I  said “No wonder you’re lonely”
    Probably BBW
    Just searched BBW into the Google images........Mrs Burns wasn't too happy
    Barbara's fav category 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Can I be the first to say ….  SE7 OUT
    You might get your wish sooner than you think...

Methven told the Dossier that all the consortium was grouped together under the Global Football Partners name, partly to satisfy EFL.
    are you being serious with this? that doesn't sound like a situation which would benefit the club at the moment ? 
    I’m not being anything, I’m reporting what CM has told me. As you’ll see from what he said in May the initial structure looked pretty messy to me, and certainly wasn’t going to work when the consortium expanded further during the following weeks. I’m not surprised the EFL wanted it cleaned up. It’s also good that, as someone reported earlier, the EFL has insisted on every “relevant person” presumably everyone with 10% or more, has had to make specific funding assurances. 

What is  it that concerns you? Possibly some misunderstanding, due to  me having the advantage of knowing what the original structure was, but not being able to discuss it.
    I may be reading too much into your description above or misunderstanding but I wouldn’t have thought the EFL can dictate the structure of the corporate ownership. 

I would however imagine the consortium have agreed to simplify / restructure to their collective advantage and be clear on ownership share / liability etc. 

The EFL would find it easier to digest and follow but not sure they can dictate. 
    Well you used the word “dictate”, not me. They certainly can say something like “this bollocks is so opaque there is no way we can be sure it passes our tests”, and then have a conversation about what would help make it less so. But frankly I think you are splitting hairs.
  • Options
    It’s still the morning over in America and presumably final things to be done after we hopefully got approval for the women’s team takeover earlier today.
  • Options
    Still early yet, there's investors spread over a number of American states where it's not even 9am yet. Will be a few hours yet before I assume it's not happening today 
  • Options
    I was hoping to hit the ground running with a good clean takeover statement.

An announcement, the leadership hierarchy, the plan and the marquee signing/s.

So far, info is leaking out like an unwanted, elongated fart. 

• Options

You wordsmith Raith!  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What info has been leaked apart from a Cawley article that doesn’t say much?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    The Cawley article contains an interesting bit of information, or at least makes clear something that seemed to me to be a bit vague.
    Each shareholder has to have two years money to keep Charlton going in proportion to their shareholding or they don’t get the nod from the EFL.
    In back of an envelope terms if the club loses 10 million a year (20 over two years) and Mr Methven has a 10% share, then he has to prove he is good for 2 million over the next two years.
    I would expect the EFL to have some kind of method where that 20 million is locked away in a vault of some kind for two years (accumulated in proportion to shareholding) and those monies are released at need by some kind of burser.
    Now I know with my business ignorance it probably doesn’t work quite like that, maybe somebody can clarify how indeed it does work.
    What stops somebody showing they have funds for the future, but not fronting up when the need arises?
    I don’t think the EFL lock the funds away in some sort of high security vault in Preston! I would imagine you just need to demonstrate sufficiency of funds for the duration (I.e you have adequate liquid assets to cover your share of the running costs) 
    The EFL would be failing to do their job if there weren't some cross guarantees from the more substantial investors in order to cover the risk of non payment from the smaller ones - that at least is how such broad consortiums work in the real world. But then it wouldn't be the first time that the EFL was asleep on the job.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Can’t get excited about the takeover when The Valley and Sparrow’s Lane are still owned by the odious Duchatelet but we were withering on the vine under Sandgaard, so there are at least some grounds for optimism, however guarded.

We shall see.
    Why we have 13 year left in the lease .. they are not a problem at all 
    So the assigned lease is the same as the previous one?
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Can’t get excited about the takeover when The Valley and Sparrow’s Lane are still owned by the odious Duchatelet but we were withering on the vine under Sandgaard, so there are at least some grounds for optimism, however guarded.

We shall see.
    Presume you would buy a flat with a 13 year lease? 
    He probably would
  • Options
    Blucher said:

We shall see.
    Presume you would buy a flat with a 13 year lease? 
    Ahhh a new thread. A new property buying analogy!  
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I am of the belief that if we start to do well, there will be a couple of groups within the investment team that want to invest harder than others, and will start to buy out parts of the club from those less willing to push on. 

Of course it could also go the other way if things don't go as planned and investors start trying to pull out and sell their share
    Doesn't sound like much of a model for stability unless there is a clear leader within the consortium who has deep pockets while the rest remain as silent investors. 
  • Options
    sm said:
    Blucher said:

We shall see.
    So the assigned lease is the same as the previous one?
    Just taken it over...