Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    So it's the FA signing off on the women's team that seems to be causing the delay. Brilliant 
    I believe Rich was saying he expected that to be confirmed Monday as in yesterday.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    Monday 10th I think he means.
  • Options
    Monday 10th I think he means.
    Yeah deleted my post as read Kidbrooke's above 👍
  • Options
    sm said:
    sam3110 said:
    I am of the belief that if we start to do well, there will be a couple of groups within the investment team that want to invest harder than others, and will start to buy out parts of the club from those less willing to push on. 

Of course it could also go the other way if things don't go as planned and investors start trying to pull out and sell their share
    Doesn't sound like much of a model for stability unless there is a clear leader within the consortium who has deep pockets while the rest remain as silent investors. 
    That's the thing, to start with they will all play ball, but eventually people start to fall by the wayside. Look at Arsenal for instance, about 15 years ago they have Kroenke, Usmanov, some of the old families that used to own them, Dein, Moshiri, even Granada at one point. Eventually Kroenke bought everyone out after a couple of power struggles and now owns 100
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sm said:
    sam3110 said:
    I am of the belief that if we start to do well, there will be a couple of groups within the investment team that want to invest harder than others, and will start to buy out parts of the club from those less willing to push on. 

Of course it could also go the other way if things don't go as planned and investors start trying to pull out and sell their share
    Doesn't sound like much of a model for stability unless there is a clear leader within the consortium who has deep pockets while the rest remain as silent investors. 
    That's the thing, to start with they will all play ball, but eventually people start to fall by the wayside. Look at Arsenal for instance, about 15 years ago they have Kroenke, Usmanov, some of the old families that used to own them, Dein, Moshiri, even Granada at one point. Eventually Kroenke bought everyone out after a couple of power struggles and now owns 100
    To be fair if one of the larger investors in Charlton wanted us it wouldn’t cost the value of a couple of Arsenal players wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty much everyone involved in the women's leagues at the FA is in Australia at the moment
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    So it's the FA signing off on the women's team that seems to be causing the delay. Brilliant 
    If won't cause any delay in the men's team ownership - based on the news that the EFL have cleared the takeover then funds can be made available to Holden without breaching any ownership rules.

The women's team has nothing to do with the EFL.
    Presumably why Camara has been announced but the "official takeover" has not, yet.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    If won't cause any delay in the men's team ownership - based on the news that the EFL have cleared the takeover then funds can be made available to Holden without breaching any ownership rules.

Allegedly Sandgaard won't sign the final paperwork until the FA sign off on the women's team, to protect them and to ensure they are also transferred.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Allegedly Sandgaard won't sign the final paperwork until the FA sign off on the women's team, to protect them and to ensure they are also transferred.
    About the only decent thing he’s done in a while.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So we have to wait for the people in Australia to let the people in America know they've signed off on the deal to buy the club off the Danish guy so we can play in a stadium owned by a Belgian.
    Plus, the bloody women are holding it up allegedly!

World's gone mad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Pretty much everyone involved in the women's leagues at the FA is in Australia at the moment
    If that’s true,and is the problem, that’s just so emblematic of that shower. Really I think they should be ignored and the takeover announced. 

BTW that shower think *they* should be the football regulator
  • Options
    Announcement delayed because a huge number of newly formed, uninitiated but egotistical characters can't agree on who's going the be the front and centre face of the next venture down the shitpit?

Or something else?
  • Options
    I'm not sure why the Women's team would delay any announcement? Surely that can be just a footnote in the official statement. 
    It could if TS or the new owners won’t complete the takeover without it.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    bobmunro said:

Presumably why Camara has been announced but the "official takeover" has not, yet.
    Precisely - he would have been on a good wage at Ipswich and although I'm sure we are not covering it all it would still be a fair chunk of cash.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I'm not sure why the Women's team would delay any announcement? Surely that can be just a footnote in the official statement. 
    Fair point, TS won't want to be lumped with the costs should they not get approval. Although I can't see the new owners having any interest in owning the women's team, if the the goal is to flip the club. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

You may be right but Cawley reports otherwise.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Fair point, TS won't want to be lumped with the costs should they not get approval. Although I can't see the new owners having any interest in owning the women's team, if the the goal is to flip the club. 
    Maybe, maybe not, but with the ever increasing interest in women's football these days, a lot of clubs are ploughing money into their women's teams, it's quite good PR to have a decent level women's team i think. Man Utd recently restarted their side, the Newcastle owners are spending on theirs as well. 

Whilst i accept it won't make much (if any) difference overall, i don't think it'd harm them at all to have a women's team doing well.
  • Options
    Wonder if one of the hordes of investors we have can play left back? 

The good news is they are left footed but unfortunately two left feet and too old.
  • Options
    The delay is that as one of the 942 owners I've requested permission for our withdrawal from the Johnny painting pizza Cup , just waiting to finalise that and then we're good to go