Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    Didn’t know Gerry Adams was a Charlton fan. Is he the celeb we were trying to guess? 
    Thats Rodwell who will be replacing Storrie and running the club on a day to day basis 
  • Options
    Didn’t know Gerry Adams was a Charlton fan. Is he the celeb we were trying to guess? 
    Thats Rodwell who will be replacing Storrie and running the club on a day to day basis 
    Woooosh
  • Options
    Hoepfully someone recently left the picture cos its sad if he's alone. 
  • Options
    Why the empty seat between them?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    the other seats were for members of the consortium but they couldn’t make it 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    They shared a curry before the game

(that’s why Methers has changed his pants too)
  • Options
    A series of street carnival floats have been spotted out the back of the Gills stadium and a collection of wealthy looking people are climbing onto them. Takeover reveal looks likely at the end of the game. Plymouth Herald photographer on site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brownie12 said:
    fenaddick said:

Love the belt and socks. F**k tonight's game, I'm looking on line for that belt
    The bloke next to him hasn‘t seen his own belt or shoes for a long time by the looks of it.

No need to make fun of people carrying weight. They’ve got enough on their plate.
    Teasing them is easy though 
    It's a piece of cake.
  • Options
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one who was wondering what Gerry adams interest was 

• Options
    That said I've also noticed @bobmunro making a lot of contributions last day or so and am beginning to wonder whether his upcoming retirement may allow him to release himself from a quite successful club and invest where his heart truly lies 😁
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one who was wondering what Gerry adams interest was 

His facial expression says to me "What the f*ck have we done?".
    It says to me “I wish I’d picked the korma”
  • Options
    I haven't been able to follow this takeover saga at all really. Is anyone able to summarise what the hell I've missed. 

Who are they? What do we know about them? What does Airman think? Am I supposed to like them or hate them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    The chap next to Tracey is not Mike Ashley.  He is someone Charlie has known for a long time and they’ve worked together previously.  I’m unsure if he’s involved in the taleover.  His name is Tony

the chap who resembles Ric Flair is my father, Keith and the guy next to him “trying to hide” is tours truly.  We were invited as guests of Tracey because of the work we do for the club and for previous sponsorship etc.  

I thought you looked like Jeremy Vine...🙄
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    The chap next to Tracey is not Mike Ashley.  He is someone Charlie has known for a long time and they’ve worked together previously.  I’m unsure if he’s involved in the taleover.  His name is Tony

the chap who resembles Ric Flair is my father, Keith and the guy next to him “trying to hide” is yours truly.  We were invited as guests of Tracey because of the work we do for the club and for previous sponsorship etc.  
    who are the others ?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    You got any idea when it'll become official after being there tonight @LouisMend ?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Swisdom said:

the chap who resembles Ric Flair is my father, Keith and the guy next to him “trying to hide” is yours truly.  We were invited as guests of Tracey because of the work we do for the club and for previous sponsorship etc.  
    Tony Davison formerly of Sunderland

Is Oxfordshire some form  of ‘Sports Professional Valley’ ?
  • Options
    & seeing that Methven was nothing to do with the takeover what is he doing there & will he be playing any part in the running of the club when the people who are taking it over, actually take it over ?
  • Options
    Just returned home from my graduation. Can't believe the takeover hasn't been announced! Cya tomorrow 😴