Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Options
    Ok then, Methven interview ready to go.

Inevitably the interview and the motivations behind it are already being slagged off in certain quarters in the usual style, so I'm posting as a reminder the original intro article which explains that this was all CM's own initiative, The link to the main article is at the bottom of that one. When you get to it, you'll see the  banner image is a mess, bear with us, I may need techie help with that.

I think the main benefit is an insight into how the structure will work (assuming he is still able to speak for all significant consortium members). There's more than will be possible to put into a club PR statement even if they wanted to. But there were interesting things he asked to keep off the record, and other things we had no time for, such as the future of the real estate. As you will see, he really wanted to talk about him at Sunderland which I managed to avoid until we got to the end of the designated running time, and Zoom terminated that abruptly :)

Looking forward to see what people make of it
    Lenegan junior back on the scene then. No different to January then with the set up and just him and Methven that will be the UK people involved. 

We will see the pair Horne and away a fair bit then and around the club as well during the week

• Options
    Fairly certain that Tony Is also in Sunderland till I die as well? I’m 99% you seem him talking to Charlie in it, quite a fair bit. 
  • Options
    Think of a number (of days), any number. Double it, add 16, multiply by ten, divide it by four, take away the number you first thought of, multiply by seven. The result is a number, of days.
    A number of days is like ‘by the end of next week’, or ‘near the start of the first week after Pentecost’. This year’s little black dress is vagueness and obfuscation peppered with a trickle of distain.
  • Options
    Good thing is they've provided an update. Now we wait...
  • Options
    Presumably we have to get to the end of the 5 or 6 days for the new overlords to have free reign in signing players...or does anyone think different?
  • Options
    The key factor to look out for is the music played before the stream from Wealdstone.
  • Options
    I picked up on a choice remark from that interview with CM  

"And those choices need to be choices, which are smart choices, but also choices that run with the tide of the culture of that club"

I see. So now we know some of the things we knew before that we didn't know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WHAddick said:
    Presumably we have to get to the end of the 5 or 6 days for the new overlords to have free reign in signing players...or does anyone think different?
    If its been approved by the EFL then my understanding is that the new gang are free to pay what they want. Of course until it is finally "official" they may not want to....
  • Options
    I want it to be ‘When the Levee Breaks’.
  • Options
    CAFC_boi said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I love shit like this. With all the technology we have now, what could possibly take 6 days to ‘file’. Unless we’ve got my doctors receptionist on the case.
    Unless this a whoosh- ‘filing’ is the term used by Law firms for submitting online registration forms / updating companies house etc. 

it will be completely with the Lawyers and out of the hands of takeover group, they are relying on the Lawyers do it, but for the Lawyers it is not a priority and they will have multiple clients to attend to, all banging down their door. 

The 5-6 days is the full submission / processing / completion of registration time. Once the documents are ‘filed’ (registered) only then is the transaction complete formally and the takeover complete! 

Hope this helps. 
    Whoooo - not really
  • Options
    Ok then, Methven interview ready to go.

Inevitably the interview and the motivations behind it are already being slagged off in certain quarters in the usual style, so I'm posting as a reminder the original intro article which explains that this was all CM's own initiative, The link to the main article is at the bottom of that one. When you get to it, you'll see the  banner image is a mess, bear with us, I may need techie help with that.

I think the main benefit is an insight into how the structure will work (assuming he is still able to speak for all significant consortium members). There's more than will be possible to put into a club PR statement even if they wanted to. But there were interesting things he asked to keep off the record, and other things we had no time for, such as the future of the real estate. As you will see, he really wanted to talk about him at Sunderland which I managed to avoid until we got to the end of the designated running time, and Zoom terminated that abruptly :)

Looking forward to see what people make of it
    Good work.

When he started saying 'You know' a lot I straight away thought of Matt Southall.
    When he mentioned he'd managed to get a little know Charlton fan on board, I straight away thought of Lee Amis.
    We can only hope beyond hope that Friedman and Brener don't turn out to be a Tahnoon Nimer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Very interesting transcripts. He seems keen on that shadow board idea.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    WHAddick said:
    I think different. 

It's all done & dusted. Just need the right papers being filed in the correct filing cabinets. 

EFL happy for us to spend, spend, spend..... 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    5 - 6 days for documents ? The whole period of excitement and let down of the Zabeel takeover  took less time. 
  • Options
    So basically it’s complete but not actually complete! What could possibly go wrong 🍷😉
  • Options
    And it's good to read that they don't want to be in a "cash constrained position"
    We can all relate to that.
  • Options
    I blame the creation of this new takeover thread for cursing this takeover, and creating these extra delays  ;)