Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Looks like i was right all along. Now you see why i was ITK

Cant wait for my first match as part owner of the club i love.

Needless to say i have had the last laugh.

• RIP Seldom
  • Major said:
    Thinking about it, what no-one has really picked up on is that none of the major players have actually said anything publicly. Or even in the recent statements actually had a quote attributed to them. To this point that are just names. 

At the very least Freidman or Brener could have released a 2 minute video introducing themselves. 

Very underwhelmed. 
    Good point! Of course these hugely successful businessmen only exist to meet your needs and wants.
    They'll no doubt be shock and horror in their respetive boardrooms that you are very underwhelmed.
    Certain individuals would only have rubbished them off, picking their words apart regardless! You can’t do nothing right with our fan base, damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
  • Imagine spending/losing £10-20M on a football team over 3 years and in your short list.of.highlihhts mentioning a raffle for a car and a game of football that was lost 3-0 to a second string PL team.  I enjoyed the Utd game but it was nothing on Doncaster/Sunderland play offs and others a, ultimately, we lost.

Thanks for saving us TS, but your following actions were laughably poor.

Hope the new lot are decent or if not that they get lucky.  I am more hopeful of the second than the first if honest.
    Indeed, a much better highlight was beating a very good Brighton side in the previous round to reach the last 8 of the EFL cup, our joint best performance in that competition.
  • Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Addicks, but I have it on good authority that this lot are actually part of quite a successful amateur touring barber shop quartet.  Looking forward to Orient now!
    Looking forward to hearing them sing!  :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• JFoJFo
    edited July 2023

• I'm disappointed Thomas didn't see us off with a song.........
    There you go Tango.

Farewell Thomas. Still the single most cringeworthy thing I've personally seen at a Charlton game and for that memory, I don't thank you.

Look at Scott Minto trying desperately to stop pissing himself with laughter. 
  • "The club can confirm that the takeover by SE7 Partners has received the required clearance from both the EFL and FA. "  (https://www.charltonafc.com/news/takeover-update 19 July 2023.

"Global Football Partners (GFP) is delighted to confirm its purchase of Charlton Athletic Football Club and Charlton Athletic Women’s Football Club, following the EFL and the FA’s approval of the respective deals". https://www.charltonafc.com/news/global-football-partners-purchase-charlton-athletic 21 July 2023

"Intention to bring uncertainty to an end"

You really couldn't make it up. The owners change name in the space of three days, the official announcement makes no sense and we still don't know who owns what. 

But the intention is to being uncertainty to an end.

It's not depressing it's farcical. 

Good grief Penfold

• If I was superstitious I might take todays log in issues on the website as omen of how the new ownership will work out.
  • edited July 2023
    We are now actually an Investment fund.

That's how I view this change in ownership and direction for our future.
  • Sponsored links:

• 995632 said:
    sam3110 said:
    AndyG said:
    I must be missing something here. What difference does it make if one of them lives or has connections to Texas ? do we not like Texan's ?
    Because there was once a prospectus floating around trying to get small time investment lined up in our club, that was apparently distributed in Texas, and spoke of closing stands/the academy/moving the club/turning us into Crystal Palace B team/changing the kit colours to purple and beige hoops or whatever that everyone got very uppity about, but the vast majority of us haven't been able to see.

I'd hope once the takeover is fully ratified those with it can share it once and for all
    Has anyone actually seen this mythical prospectus? 

Ipswich are essentially owned by the Arizona Teacher's State Pension fund, so are basically a consortium of small investors headed up by a couple of bigger players. Did this mean that they're doomed to be used and abused by "the money" and asset stripped etc (a full on hedge fund owning you means you NEED to not have loses really). Or are they OK because no one involved was caught wearing salmon coloured trousers on TV and didn't go to posh school? 

Sandgaard was letting us wither and die. Thank you for saving us from Admin and ESI, thank you for your misplaced belief in us. We know you generally meant well and couldn't handle things not going to plan. Enjoy the rest of your days!

We now have a chance of being a more professional outfit, with real actual experienced football people being in charge. That's what we've being crying out for for years! Things are looking up for us for once, try to enjoy it and see what happens! 
    Saying Ipswich are owned by a pension fund is the same as saying Charlton are partly owed by a recycling company.

The entity that provides an initial source of the funds does not qualify it as an owner.  Even less so with Ipswich where the funds arrive via a public investment fund and are donated in the form of debt not equity.

• mendonca said:

I’m not 100% certain that’s true. 
  • se9addick said:
    mendonca said:

I’m not 100% certain that’s true. 
    If they put the correct people in to run it, I’m not sure that’s a bad thing
  • edited July 2023
    mendonca said:

Don't hear Ipswich fans complaining about being essentially owned by the 'Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System'... Oh, and Ed Sheeran. But I guess ginger hair and salmon pink trousers would just clash horribly, so nothing for them to moan about... 
  • edited July 2023
    Uboat said:
    Maybe there’s something wrong with me, but I’m completely unmoved by all of it. I’m not going to get all dewy eyed about the TS statement and I can’t get excited about our many new owners. Duchatelet was extremely rich and it didn’t mean a thing because he didn’t give a shit about Charlton, so temper your enthusiasm on that front. If we sign some decent players and are around the top 6 all season I’ll be happy enough, but I think the last ten years have really taken it out of me and I suspect I’m not alone on that score. 
    Yep, that’ll do for me too.

Actions speak louder than words.
  • 995632 said:
    mendonca said:

Don't hear Ipswich fans complaining about being essentially owned by the Arizona State Teacher's Pension Fund... Oh, and Ed Sheeran. But I guess ginger hair and salmon pink trousers would just clash horribly, so nothing for them to moan about... 
    https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40087/psprs-pension-fund-backing-new-town-ownership
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    mendonca said:
    I don't remember much about Steve Sutherland. What's he like? 
    A man who absolutely loves Charlton. He has a take on things that probably sits along side Chris Parkes, both were employed by Charlton and have their opinions of owners past and most recent. I don't think too many on here were too enamoured with Steve's post on here in defence of Sandgaard, Airman certainly wasn't, I always got the feeling that both Steve and Chris saw the bills being paid by both Sandgaard and Duchatelet as the number one priority, after all that is the staff wage bill and people's livelihood. That said neither Chris nor Steve were responsible for the direction of the club but both would move heaven and earth to help it. 
    Head in the trough and get blinded by reality .
    The difference with the Spivs @Airman Brown and I think Kavanagh and Varney went against them and got relieved of their duties eventually but that’s where principles , life choices and minerals come in to it , who knows what side of the fence people will fall when faced with those career/life choices 
    I think Chris Parkes, although much vilified over the social media spat involving his family, certainly stood up and was counted in his dealings with the charlatans at East Street investments,  and was dismissed, although briefly for the stand he took. As I said, Steve Sutherland and Chris Parkes are, in my opinion, are cut from the same cloth, they are both good guys and they both believe that owners come and go but as long as the club survives then the club always has a chance, and whatever we believe about the stance they took, they are probably right. 
    Chris Parkes backed Paul Eliot the moody one 
    Sunderland thought Roland or Thomas were good for us (one of them twunts can’t remember)

they’ll suck up to whoever owns us