Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• SDAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    For a guy with a small stake who was kept out of the limelight during the latter half of negotiations, Charlie Methven sure does seem to be front and center these days...
    He not .. and won’t be 

he got the group together and he says himself he will not be involved in day to day running that’s down Rodwell like we already knew . 
    I think he's talking about being the spox, CM is a PR person after all.
  • DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    seth plum said:
    I listened to that interview and for the most part I can't argue with it, he may have been prone to exaggeration and a rather smooth talker, but nothing jumped out at me as objectionable.
    For me the main thing that he repeatedly said (the stadium issue notwithstanding) is essentially the proof of the pudding is in success as a football team, and I agree with that.
    So for me we must do everything possible to win against Leyton Orient, and continue to acquire a lot of wins and points from there. Mr Methven and I would agree that would be a compelling measure of success.
    Make it happen.
    @seth your post is the most surprising post I have ever read on here ! I would have put a lot of money on you not agreeing with a single word he said fair play mate.
    all I need is @golfie to spring up and say that the signing of the Blackburn lad is brilliant and we are now set for a great season and my world is complete
    Let’s be honest,Seth and Golfie r Craig revel halwood and Roy Keane - airman is Simon Cowell and he was willing to concede he may be pleasantly surprised - never seen a statement so positive from him 
    Eh?
  • I see TS removed from Charlton website but no new owners added, still trying to figure what to put 😁
  • ross1 said:
    I see TS removed from Charlton website but no new owners added, still trying to figure what to put 😁

Global Football Partners (GFP) completed its purchase of Charlton Athletic Football Club and Charlton Athletic Women’s Football Club on July 21st, 2023.

GFP, which made the acquisition via its UK subsidiary SE7 Partners, is made up of seven shareholders with 5%+ each (detailed below). Those shareholders sit on GFP’s Board of Directors, along with Finance Director Ed Warrick and Technical Adviser Simon Lenagan. GFP also has a small number of shareholders whose holdings are less than 5% each.

GFP shareholders with 5%+ each: Gabriel Brener and family, Joshua Friedman and family , Warren Rosenfeld and family, ACA Football Partners, Munir Javeri, Marc Boyan, Charlie Methven

https://www.charltonafc.com/staff

• clive said:
    ross1 said:
    I see TS removed from Charlton website but no new owners added, still trying to figure what to put 😁

Global Football Partners (GFP) completed its purchase of Charlton Athletic Football Club and Charlton Athletic Women’s Football Club on July 21st, 2023.

GFP, which made the acquisition via its UK subsidiary SE7 Partners, is made up of seven shareholders with 5%+ each (detailed below). Those shareholders sit on GFP’s Board of Directors, along with Finance Director Ed Warrick and Technical Adviser Simon Lenagan. GFP also has a small number of shareholders whose holdings are less than 5% each.

GFP shareholders with 5%+ each: Gabriel Brener and family, Joshua Friedman and family , Warren Rosenfeld and family, ACA Football Partners, Munir Javeri, Marc Boyan, Charlie Methven

Are Charlton going to put all of that under the heading owners on their website where TS name was?
  • edited July 2023
    clive said:
    ross1 said:

https://www.charltonafc.com/staff

I think they should be rebranded to Charlton Ladies :wink:
  • Did anyone listen to Methane on BBC Sounds last night, just wondering how he came across?
  • Did anyone listen to Methane on BBC Sounds last night, just wondering how he came across?
    Seth is on board so that tells you it was positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm disappointed Thomas didn't see us off with a song.........
    There you go Tango.

Farewell Thomas. Still the single most cringeworthy thing I've personally seen at a Charlton game and for that memory, I don't thank you.
    As an outsider looking in, it was all very strange. 
  • Stranger Things have happened before at our club....

Nothing new.
  • ButtleJR said:
    We will likely have very little communication directly from the new owners/investors. They aren't going to be the ones to contact about the pie selection at the valley. They are hands off and have their own personal businesses/investments to manage. As above they will appointing a shadow board to deal with comms etc and you may see them at the valley but that's as far as it will go... 
    I have absolutely zero problem with that, as long as the people they employ to run the day to day are experienced in their field and good at their job.

Does anyone think that Sheikh Mansour gets involved day to day with City? The guys been to 2 games in 15 years. He pays competent people to run the club for him.
    Or that anyone actually has his personal email address at Man City?

• On the Charlton web site it says we play in the West Yorkshire Association Football League, since when?
  • edited July 2023
    995632 said:
    ross1 said:
    I think Steve Sutherland will have to get his finger out as the Charlton web site still has TS as owner, although I wonder what he will change it to 😁
    Maybe THIS time, we'll be able to see a comprehensive list of SM names with email addresses on the OS should we need to contact them or members of their teams directly rather than be moved on like Pass the Parcel.
    So do you have the personal email address of Sainsbury's Managing Director? 
    McDonald's Group Finance Director? 
    Director of Performance for England cricket? 

What about Dean Holden's mobile number to discuss tactics? 

As stated above, don't think Man City fans have Sheik Mansours email address. They definitely don't care that he is essentially 'hands off' and let's the actual staff run things on his behalf. We've been crying out for years for people with football experience to be involved, as soon as they do that people are moaning.

So what if Methven has got people in who he knows and had worked with? He is part of the lot that brought Holden in, do you not want him as manager because 'he is tarred with the Methven brush'?

Holden says he is happy working with Rodwell/Scott etc and the improvement in the fortunes and professionalism of the club during the January where they oversaw things and basically ran the club because Tommy couldn't be bothered can not be denied.

This fatuation with going over all the personal minutiae of everyone involved in this takeover is rediculous - are you sending people out to rummage through people's bins or bugging offices for smoking guns and any dirt you can find on any of them? So what if Friedman once got a parking ticket... Even known 'Charlton people' like Sutherland and Carter being involved isn't good enough for some people.

The new lot don't get a free pass, but they do get the chance to try to do some good for the club and improve us without the lit torches and pitchforks needing breaking out. 
    Hmmm, a tad OTT if I might venture to say so. 

Nowhere have I mentioned having direct contact details for the owner/s but I've clearly rattled your cage.

If our owners were Tom, Dick & Harry or the afore mentioned Sheik Mansour, it wouldn't matter in the slightest....I'd have zero interest in making contact with them. It's the SENIOR MANAGERS and the positions they occupy that have been difficult to even name , let alone contact by email with minimal- no make that NO information under the "Staff" link on the OS since TS took over the reins.  This is what I was referring to in my post but you seem intent on making me sound like an imbecile for some reason. 

I can only assume that you have never sought to interact with a certain member of staff at our club, wanted to sponsor a player's shirt for a season, to request a mention in the VR for a birthday or maybe to ask how to purchase a one off parking space....and then to be connected to someone who has no idea what you're talking about, so tries another extension for you and so on until you give up. 

I am in no way "fatuated" with going over all the personal minutiae of everyone involved in this takeover. You must be thinking of A N Other Lifer.

TBH, that is so obviously " rediculous"  that I'll leave it there....

...as I'm off to tidy away my torch & pitchfork before tonight's match.

But before I do, why is there  No page found" on the site when I input your pseudonym  ? 

Curiouser & curiouser ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• 995632 said:
    ross1 said:
    I think Steve Sutherland will have to get his finger out as the Charlton web site still has TS as owner, although I wonder what he will change it to 😁
    Maybe THIS time, we'll be able to see a comprehensive list of SM names with email addresses on the OS should we need to contact them or members of their teams directly rather than be moved on like Pass the Parcel.

As stated above, don't think Man City fans have Sheik Mansours email address. They definitely don't care that he is essentially 'hands off' and let's the actual staff run things on his behalf. We've been crying out for years for people with football experience to be involved, as soon as they do that people are moaning.

So what if Methven has got people in who he knows and had worked with? He is part of the lot that brought Holden in, do you not want him as manager because 'he is tarred with the Methven brush'?

Holden says he is happy working with Rodwell/Scott etc and the improvement in the fortunes and professionalism of the club during the January where they oversaw things and basically ran the club because Tommy couldn't be bothered can not be denied.

This fatuation with going over all the personal minutiae of everyone involved in this takeover is rediculous - are you sending people out to rummage through people's bins or bugging offices for smoking guns and any dirt you can find on any of them? So what if Friedman once got a parking ticket... Even known 'Charlton people' like Sutherland and Carter being involved isn't good enough for some people.

The new lot don't get a free pass, but they do get the chance to try to do some good for the club and improve us without the lit torches and pitchforks needing breaking out. 

Nowhere have I mentioned having direct contact details for the owner/s but I've clearly rattled your cage.

If our owners were Tom, Dick & Harry or the afore mentioned Sheik Mansour, it wouldn't matter in the slightest....I'd have zero interest in making contact with them. It's the SENIOR MANAGERS and the positions they occupy that have been difficult to even name , let alone contact by email with minimal- no make that NO information under the "Staff" link on the OS since TS took over the reins.  This is what I was referring to in my post but you seem intent on making me sound like an imbecile for some reason. 

I can only assume that you have never sought to interact with a certain member of staff at our club, wanted to sponsor a player's shirt for a season, to request a mention in the VR for a birthday or maybe to ask how to purchase a one off parking space....and then to be connected to someone who has no idea what you're talking about, so tries another extension for you and so on until you give up. 

I am in no way "fatuated" with going over all the personal minutiae of everyone involved in this takeover. You must be thinking of A N Other Lifer.

But before I do, why is there  No page found" on the site when I input your pseudonym on this site ? 

Curiouser & curiouser ! 
    Burgerboy at burgerboy dot com is all you need to know, Fanny 
  • 995632 said:
    ross1 said:

But before I do, why is there  No page found" on the site when I input your pseudonym on this site ? 

Curiouser & curiouser ! 
    Burgerboy at burgerboy dot com is all you need to know, Fanny 
    That DID go through my mind, RA ! 
  • 995632 said:
    ross1 said:

Does anyone know Carter or seen him at a game before. He started tweeting defending the Sandgaards in Decmeber was the first I noticed him and at that point was not followed on Twitter by any other supporters, something I have not seen in the past when using Twitter
  • edited July 2023
  • sam3110 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    995632 said:
    ross1 said:

Does anyone know Carter or seen him at a game before. He started tweeting defending the Sandgaards in Decmeber was the first I noticed him and at that point was not followed on Twitter by any other supporters, something I have not seen in the past when using Twitter
    Been tweeting about Charlton since 2009, when he opened his Twitter account. People need to give it a rest with the conspiracy theories
    I concur about Carter, but it’s all about opinions, not people needing to give a rest