Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• Uboat said:
    Maybe there’s something wrong with me, but I’m completely unmoved by all of it. I’m not going to get all dewy eyed about the TS statement and I can’t get excited about our many new owners. Duchatelet was extremely rich and it didn’t mean a thing because he didn’t give a shit about Charlton, so temper your enthusiasm on that front. If we sign some decent players and are around the top 6 all season I’ll be happy enough, but I think the last ten years have really taken it out of me and I suspect I’m not alone on that score. 

All day long mate.
    The owners could be the richest in the world, it matters nothing, it is how you spend it.   Dushitelet spent a LOT of money, but did not spend it wisely.
    Another example of lacking a SMT that knew what they were doing.
    RD could have still been the owner if he’d just put an experienced team in to run the club rath than KM and TD
  • edited July 2023
    Uboat said:
    Maybe there’s something wrong with me, but I’m completely unmoved by all of it. I’m not going to get all dewy eyed about the TS statement and I can’t get excited about our many new owners. Duchatelet was extremely rich and it didn’t mean a thing because he didn’t give a shit about Charlton, so temper your enthusiasm on that front. If we sign some decent players and are around the top 6 all season I’ll be happy enough, but I think the last ten years have really taken it out of me and I suspect I’m not alone on that score. 
    Completely understand this viewpoint. Supporting our lot for the last decade has been very, very painful with only the occasional high spot to take the edge off the pain.

That said, if we're in or around the top 3 going into October I know I'll be suckered into thinking it's going to be OK this time...
  • I’m assuming that Ed Warrick and Simon Lenegan are amongst those with less than 5% holdings. As has been said an actual percentage breakdown for everyone would be nice but I don’t think we are going to get it.
    Well, probably not. In the UK, if you REALLY wanted to find out who the shareholders in a company were, you could. Section 116 of The Companies Act 2006 requires that the register of members (shareholders) is available to inspect (for a fee, if you are not a shareholder yourself) at the company's registered office. Clearly no such facility is available in the Cayman Islands. Another reason people decide to incorporate companies there.
  • Global Football Partners - shareholders with 5%+ each:

Gabriel Brener and family

Private investor and former majority shareholder of a Major League Soccer team

Joshua Friedman and family 

Co-Founder, Co-Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer of Canyon Partners, LLC, a leading global alternative asset management firm

Warren Rosenfeld and family

Owner of major US Recycling firm Calbag Metals

ACA Football Partners (acafp.com)

Singapore-based group that invests in football with a focus on building a foundation for sustainable growth

Munir Javeri

Founder of Connecticut-based investment firm Sahana Capital

Marc Boyan 

CEO Miroma Group (global marketing, media and content company) and Miroma Ventures

Charlie Methven

Sports and leisure industry entrepreneur and adviser

That's a lot dude!
    How do they decide who turn it is to use the directors box with their family and friends there are so many of them.

• Sponsored links:

• The takeover announcement was made whilst I was on the piss celebrating my birthday. Great timing hic!
  • IAgree said:
    Farewell takeover thread, its been emotional.
    Don't worry. No doubt there'll be another along in a minute.
  • AndyG said:
    I must be missing something here. What difference does it make if one of them lives or has connections to Texas ? do we not like Texan's ?

Cowboys
  • Thinking about it, what no-one has really picked up on is that none of the major players have actually said anything publicly. Or even in the recent statements actually had a quote attributed to them. To this point that are just names. 

At the very least Freidman or Brener could have released a 2 minute video introducing themselves. 

Very underwhelmed. 
    To be fair though, Rosenfeld has a bit of a catalogue. https://open.spotify.com/artist/3p2pMpzDerhMR4w2xZyHWg?si=k77jHAZ8SDOVR43E1CKJIA
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder why Sutherland is only an interim appointment?
  • I am confident Sutherland cares about Charlton however good or bad he might be at his job.
  • I'm disappointed Thomas didn't see us off with a song.........
    There you go Tango.
    Oh, poor Thomas. Everybody is ignoring him.

• edited July 2023
    I wonder why Sutherland is only an interim appointment?
    Possibly it's intended that Tony Davison comes in to do it. That's his role at the Northampton Saints Rugby Club and he was seen sitting with CM at the Gillingham game. They worked together at Sunderland too and he is vastly experienced. Maybe he's said 'no' and Sutherland is a stop gap appointment.
  • What is the respective responsibilities of the technical director verses the director of performance?
    Anyone?
  • What is the respective responsibilities of the technical director verses the director of performance?
    Anyone?

Sorry I missed this.

Usually (semantics of job titles aside) the Technical Director is in charge of all football related matters - recruitment, scouting, academy, player performance (all) and so on - the Director of Performance (could easily be Head of Player Analysis) deals with that part of the TD's portfolio, and reports to the TD.
  • bobmunro said:
    What is the respective responsibilities of the technical director verses the director of performance?
    Anyone?

Sorry I missed this.

Usually (semantics of job titles aside) the Technical Director is in charge of all football related matters - recruitment, scouting, academy, player performance (all) and so on - the Director of Performance (could easily be Head of Player Analysis) deals with that part of the TD's portfolio, and reports to the TD.
    Would it be a surprise if a bod from ACA football partners goes into the performance role, I think that’s their bag isn’t it? 
  • Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Addicks, but I have it on good authority that this lot are actually part of quite a successful amateur touring barber shop quartet.  Looking forward to Orient now!