Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• I’m trying to figure out if the lack of obvious rejoice from the fanbase is relating to people knowing the deal was almost done anyway or just a malaise set in after the previous false dawns. 
    Let’s hope we see what they’re made of soon enough through positive actions🤞🏼
  • It would be good to know the % holdings, but I guess it will emerge in time. No Lenagan family shareholding, so that was a duff call, and we may assume that Warren Rosenfeld is the “New York” based investor that CM refers to and probably the third biggest investor after Friedman and Brener (families). He’s the one that worried me a bit because a casual flip through the web suggests he’s a retired lawyer who owns a couple of unremarkable Jewish restaurants, but the Head of Dossiers established that he made a lot of money in the real estate shark-pool of Las Vegas, which makes him a bit of a badass, and now we find out he has a recycling biz, which we had not come across. I was a bit bothered initially because he didn’t seem to show any sport interest, but now we have all these other names that Methven didnt have in mid-May , and they have some interesting relevant business experience. 

It remains to be seen how much each of them bring to the table, and whether they all rub along ok, but they all look like serious people. 
    Rosenfield runs his family metal and recycling business in Portland 
  • Wealthy investors, experienced football people running the day to day, already some good signings with plenty of time left to go in this summers transfer window, I am choosing to be cautiously optimistic.

No excuses though, complete the building of a top six squad over the next month, get us out of this league. 
  • A nice enough message.
    But an owner that feels the need to even mention the 'our club,your car ' PR stunt as one of his great achievements tells you all you need to know. A project in vanity was about all it amounted to.
    We've pretty much been dragging our heels in custard for 3 years. A legacy that hopefully everyone of us will have forgotten about in a year or so.
    If thats not a euphemism I've been doing it all wrong

• Rothko said:
    It would be good to know the % holdings, but I guess it will emerge in time. No Lenagan family shareholding, so that was a duff call, and we may assume that Warren Rosenfeld is the “New York” based investor that CM refers to and probably the third biggest investor after Friedman and Brener (families). He’s the one that worried me a bit because a casual flip through the web suggests he’s a retired lawyer who owns a couple of unremarkable Jewish restaurants, but the Head of Dossiers established that he made a lot of money in the real estate shark-pool of Las Vegas, which makes him a bit of a badass, and now we find out he has a recycling biz, which we had not come across. I was a bit bothered initially because he didn’t seem to show any sport interest, but now we have all these other names that Methven didnt have in mid-May , and they have some interesting relevant business experience. 

It remains to be seen how much each of them bring to the table, and whether they all rub along ok, but they all look like serious people. 
    Rosenfield runs his family metal and recycling business in Portland 
    Has Tony Soprano been raised from the dead?
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    I’m trying to figure out if the lack of obvious rejoice from the fanbase is relating to people knowing the deal was almost done anyway or just a malaise set in after the previous false dawns. 
    Let’s hope we see what they’re made of soon enough through positive actions🤞🏼
    The latter.

Hopefully it's a positive but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
  • Stig said:
    Can I be the first to say I'm worried. All the signs are there: Global Football Partners is an anagram of Largest Football Rob Plan ;)
    There’s not much left to rob!
  • Personally the setup looks much more structured that it has been in recent years. Will take that and see how it goes. Completely neutral how I feel about them taking over the club. Actions will speak louder the words. 

Glad we can progress forward now with a target of a top 6 place in the league.

Up The Addicks!

Deano's red and white army! 
  • Has anyone mentioned the proof of the pudding is in the eating, crucial point if it hasn’t been discussed?
  • If this new lot really gave any kind of shit about our club they’d have announced the return of Steve Sunderland with the correct bloody spelling….
  • se9addick said:
    Stig said:
    Can I be the first to say I'm worried. All the signs are there: Global Football Partners is an anagram of Largest Football Rob Plan ;)
    There’s not much left to rob!
    Right amount if letters, but you've missed at least one G out of that mate
  • Sponsored links:

• It would be good to know the % holdings, but I guess it will emerge in time. No Lenagan family shareholding, so that was a duff call, and we may assume that Warren Rosenfeld is the “New York” based investor that CM refers to and probably the third biggest investor after Friedman and Brener (families). He’s the one that worried me a bit because a casual flip through the web suggests he’s a retired lawyer who owns a couple of unremarkable Jewish restaurants, but the Head of Dossiers established that he made a lot of money in the real estate shark-pool of Las Vegas, which makes him a bit of a badass, and now we find out he has a recycling biz, which we had not come across. I was a bit bothered initially because he didn’t seem to show any sport interest, but now we have all these other names that Methven didnt have in mid-May , and they have some interesting relevant business experience. 

Looks like the Head of Dossiers was given some poor info - Warren Rosenfeld is a scrap metal recycler (Calbag Metals Co.) from Portland, Oregon.

With Methven's dodgy geography (!), more likely Munir Javeri is the "New York" investor (from Greenwich, Connecticut.
  • Firstly I thought that was a Classy statement from TS - who did save us from ESI
    I genuinely believe he meant well but it was not to be

So we move onto a new chapter for our Wonderful club

Surely it’s a time to put all past disputes /squabbles to one side and once again to Unite as a fan base for that’s when we are at our Best

Let’s give the new Owners our Support as we move forward 
    Onwards and Upwards.COYR
    Agree with all you say apart from your first two sentences 
  • Right, glad it is done. Lets hope they support Dean, and get the players in, so we can have a bloody good stab at getting out of league 1. Hopefully optimistic for the short term if they do.
  • You can’t change the past. Only influence the future. 
  • Anyway...
    Orient at home is a must win.