Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• I don't remember much about Steve Sutherland. What's he like? 
  • What does Paul Elliott bring to the table , a lot of words with no substance or the only person in the world who made a profit from Rufus’s punting .

Next time I bump into him in the Bromley South Wetherspoons I'll bend his ear.
  • What does Paul Elliott bring to the table , a lot of words with no substance or the only person in the world who made a profit from Rufus’s punting .

He doesn't drink there does he? Not trying to get @AFKABartram excitable here!
  • mendonca said:
    What does Paul Elliott bring to the table , a lot of words with no substance or the only person in the world who made a profit from Rufus’s punting .

He doesn't drink there does he? Not trying to get @AFKABartram excitable here!

He certainly does, Eddie Youds likes the odd beer in there as well.
  • C H A R L T O N  L I V E
          A S S E M B L E
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Waited patiently before I renewed but now its done so am I with waiting. Looking forward to hopefully a brighter future. We have to live in hope after all
    Just renewed mine trusting that we'll continue to squad build by the end of the window.

Felt less of a gesture of goodwill than recent times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Words have been good; look forward to the deeds.
  • Is this the end for Burger Boy? 
  • At the end of his reign, I thank TS for stepping in when he did, we would’ve been really screwed had he not, but pretty much everything after that was serious neglect.  Fair play he spent a bit of money initially and I think he was unlucky in trusting Gallen with Mansfield and then Kirk and Stockley in the summer of 21.  But after that, it was a shambles and although he put the money up, his lack of understanding was brutally exposed.  And that’s all it comes down to.  If you buy something whose people’s livelihoods depend upon it, or something that people have a genuine, deep love for, and don’t run it properly, then you leave yourself open for criticism and ultimately, he shouldn’t have gotten involved in the first place

i haven’t even read the statement, don’t care.  He’s gone.  Fingers crossed the next mob are able to address a lot of his shortcomings 
  • Time to move on from the past however many years of false hope !
    I personally thank TS for saving us when I don’t believe anyone else was going to but also glad he has gone. Im feeling super positive about this now especially now we can see a decent board structure being put in place. I really hope everyone gets behind the club now and we rip the league up this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised there's only about 150 posts since the announcement at 6pm. 

'Takeover Fatigue' has taken its toll on the CL faithful ... so it seems.
  • Surprised there's only about 150 posts since the announcement at 6pm. 

'Takeover Fatigue' has taken its toll on the CL faithful ... so it seems.
    Nah!  Just been searching the site for the new takeover thread...
  • Sandguaard gave it a go and it didn't work. If he'd have enjoyed the success of the Wrexham owners, I genuinely think he'd have been as happy as any lifelong Charlton fan. Sadly for him and us fans his gamble ended following too many poorly places bets, on far too many occasions. It was poor luck and judgement, however as many others have already stated, his takeover 3 years ago, results in us all still having a Charlton to enjoy again come next month and beyond. No hard feelings. On to the next custodian and we continue to live in hope. 
  • We are now officially minted. It's now a case of the owners ambition and working diligently around the EFLs rules around transfer fees and salaries.
  • Rothko said:
    It would be good to know the % holdings, but I guess it will emerge in time. No Lenagan family shareholding, so that was a duff call, and we may assume that Warren Rosenfeld is the “New York” based investor that CM refers to and probably the third biggest investor after Friedman and Brener (families). He’s the one that worried me a bit because a casual flip through the web suggests he’s a retired lawyer who owns a couple of unremarkable Jewish restaurants, but the Head of Dossiers established that he made a lot of money in the real estate shark-pool of Las Vegas, which makes him a bit of a badass, and now we find out he has a recycling biz, which we had not come across. I was a bit bothered initially because he didn’t seem to show any sport interest, but now we have all these other names that Methven didnt have in mid-May , and they have some interesting relevant business experience. 

It remains to be seen how much each of them bring to the table, and whether they all rub along ok, but they all look like serious people. 
    Rosenfield runs his family metal and recycling business in Portland 
    One of CAFC's subsidiaries (the First XI) has a recycling business for injured footballers.

I have to say that is very funny :D