Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread v3.0 - DONE! - Methven interview in the Telegraph (p55)

Comments

• seth plum said:
    I don’t think asking questions is the same thing as treating somebody with hatred.
    Apart from your good self declaring your hatred for Tories and Brexit voters I seldom see the word hatred posted on here.
    Please can you quote who has used the word hate on this thread. 
    There is a post timed at 3.22 if you scroll back.
    Not a post from me either.
  • Success I'd say is midtable/top half championship whilst still producing academy talent most seasons.

Hopefully Holden gets the backing to build a squad to get out of League 1 first though. 
  • Success is getting out and not coming straight back to this poxy league that we've been living in.
  • I'm very skeptical about the long term from these new owners also. Like Airman Brown, I can't see how it works for them, but short term it's looking good as they're clearly ready to invest for this season and who knows, maybe the next. I also worry what happens when they realise its not stacking up financially. 

I felt much more positive when Sandgaard took over because he seemed to be willing to spend money for his passion of football, not for a return. And look how that turned out.

I guess just enjoy having a season where we might compete.
  • The OS says "which may take a number of days". Why can't they just give a clear date like next Friday? ;)

• Sponsored links:

• addickson said:
    The OS says "which may take a number of days". Why can't they just give a clear date like next Friday? ;)

No need for the wink face I don't understand why they can't give a specific date. 
  • edited July 2023
    addickson said:
    The OS says "which may take a number of days". Why can't they just give a clear date like next Friday? ;)

Date unknown I would think, it is not a good idea to specify a day, never know what pitfalls await you with that, will be done soon and would have thought weekend would be a good bet...but don't quote me...🙄
  • Maybe the hope lies in the two years.
    It might be in the two years breathing space we have (if the EFL are to be trusted) a particularly rich person, in or out of the consortium, will build a credible liking and affinity for Charlton Athletic, especially if it is quite an exciting couple of years like Wrexham have just had.
    So it might have to be some kind of footballing seduction over twenty four months.

• addickson said:

Date unknown I would think, it is not a good idea to specify a day, never know what pitfalls await you with that, will be done soon and would have thought weekend would be a good bet...but don't quote me...🙄
    Just did...

How fun am I..
  • ButtleJR said:
    Christ Airman, how about an ounce of positivity for once?
    See also Spivs, Duchatelet, Southall and Sandgaard. It’s always the same - why don’t we just discount the evidence and pose for selfies? Anyone who doesn’t is “negative”. Then people are surprised when it all turns to shit. 

If it doesn’t appear to stack up, the chances are it won’t. I’m just asking the questions.
    I’m trying to look positively at the new owners but the first sentence of Airman’s post is why I remain optimistic yet cautious, whilst being grateful that there are people who are far more knowledgable than me, questioning the direction that the club is heading to. We all want the best but we can’t confuse the questioning of the new regime, with negativity. 

• I’ve always taken great stock from that amazing quote but in this instance I don’t think it’s quite relevant. 
    Funnily enough even Charlie Methvan said history is important 
  • addickson said:

Just did...

How fun am I..
    ...always one ain't there...😠
  • Could be wrong but thought I read either on this thread or the closed down one that one of the investors was a well known Charlton fan is this true and if so does anyone know who it is
  • Sponsored links:

• addickson said:

Just did...

How fun am I..
    ...always one ain't there...😠
    Soon as I posted it I felt dirty.
  • addickson said:

The work required to close out the details is in the hands of the legal and finance professionals and therefore out of the club’s control. 
  • Could be wrong but thought I read either on this thread or the closed down one that one of the investors was a well known Charlton fan is this true and if so does anyone know who it is
    Good reminder.
    I wonder if said fan needs seduction training for board meetings.
    Did it say well known? There is a Charlton fan involved, someone Carter?
  • edited July 2023
    Could be wrong but thought I read either on this thread or the closed down one that one of the investors was a well known Charlton fan is this true and if so does anyone know who it is
    Did it say well known? There is a Charlton fan involved, someone Carter?
    Gavin Carter never heard of him until he was quoted on here so Google is your friend, something to do with being a techie in the USA 🤷‍♂️
  • The last however many years has been a "journey" to say the least. From marches in Europe, flying pigs, sofa's, boardroom occupancies, trips to Manchester, Crooks, Dentists and a rather looney (but good intentioned imo) Danish/American has led us to where we are now. 
    I have no idea how this is going to pan out but from what I can see in terms of signings, intentions etc things look alot better. Maybe it will turn to ash maybe it wont but one thing is for certain there isnt some knight in shinning armor so its a case of ofcourse be sceptical but atleast give them a chance
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Another day has nearly gone past for this thread. Afka looking increasingly more and more like a mug. Dubai has a lot to answer for. Wonder how Caws feels down at south London press hq? 
    Not sure what you are worried about, it is done. They are now making all the decisions. 
    Does that include making transfer moves, unencumbered, Dubai? Hoping we’ll see a few in soon to get the squad ready to hit the ground running🤞🏼