Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Kirk again

123457»

Comments

• seth plum said:
    For Crawley, with thanks to the squad update list (dunno about latest fitness stuff) I would have .

AMB

Watson Ness Abankwah (if not on international duty)/Jones Thomas

Watson Taylor Camara

Tyreece Campbell. Kirk

Kanu or Leaburn.

AMB on international duty 
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Should never have been booed, it’s ridiculous and we got some right idiot fans. Same as Stockley. Never boo a current player, even if you don’t like them, and never boo a player who just left because he wasn’t part of us going forward anymore. Weird behaviour.

As I’ve said, Kirk may have improved since and credit if he has, think we need to put this all to bed though because he is here until January at least. The past is the past. He didn’t leave because no one wanted to take him, so whilst he is, I hope to see a significant improvement if/when he plays.

5 minutes yesterday where he put in a good ball for May is not something to judge on, it was a good ball but we shouldn’t over analyse that either, especially with what we’ve seen over the last 2 seasons.

Overall, I don’t mean to sound rude or harsh, I think he could really do with just a fresh start. Shame for all parties that it didn’t happen, but he might not have to wait too much longer for it.
    For me it was perhaps one of the best crosses I've seen from him since he joined us - Unfortunately / Frustratingly like you say, its taken two seasons for us to see that (I know he's got a few assists), and there is no guarantee we'll see him do it again.
    He’s the sort of player who will always get a few goals and assists if he gets the minutes, but the issues are with the rest of his game. He makes players like CBT look reliable defensively. He needs others to make up for his lack of energy but he’s never been good enough when attacking to justify that.

It worked for him at Crewe, so how were they playing him and what was he doing there that made him a stand out player?
    He had an over lapping wing back doing the running, so was harder to mark.
  • edited September 2023
    There's rules we have to follow.

Sides have to name a Minimum of four qualifying outfield players in their starting XI. A qualifying outfield player was one who met any of the following requirements:

Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture.

Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who has made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions this season.

Any player with forty or more first-team starting appearances in their career, including International matches.

Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club.

Adegoke
    Watson Bakrin Ness Roddy
    Watson Taylor Camara
    Campbell Kanu Kirk

Gets minutes in legs, a run out for a couple of youngsters and gives Kirk something to do

Ok ignore that Adegoke and Bakrin playing today in under 21s so won't feature. Maybe Molyneux will instead, and Roddy isn't playing today so unless he's injured again I imagine he'll be involved tomorrow 
  • Would be surprised if Isted didn't continue in goal. 
  • sam3110 said:
    There's rules we have to follow.

Sides have to name a Minimum of four qualifying outfield players in their starting XI. A qualifying outfield player was one who met any of the following requirements:

Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture.

Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who has made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions this season.

Any player with forty or more first-team starting appearances in their career, including International matches.

Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club.

Adegoke
    Watson Bakrin Ness Roddy
    Watson Taylor Camara
    Campbell Kanu Kirk

Gets minutes in legs, a run out for a couple of youngsters and gives Kirk something to do

Ok ignore that Adegoke and Bakrin playing today in under 21s so won't feature. Maybe Molyneux will instead, and Roddy isn't playing today so unless he's injured again I imagine he'll be involved tomorrow 
    Bakrin playing today.
  • I'd expect it to be Tedic up front and not DK. CB and LB is where I'm struggling at the moment for tomorrow! 
  • Elewere involved?
  • Just because loads are getting it wrong. 

It's Deji ELEREWE
  • First touch he brought down a tricky ball and stuck a good ball in that could easily have been stuck away. He's a decent footballer and we haven't seen the best of him. If he's such a bad egg why did Pearce pick him today?
    He was literally the 18th and last fit squad member
    His cameo highlighted perfectly the depth of frustration he engenders in we spectators
    He's not devoid of talent but critically his appearances in Charlton red have been devoid of effort and application
    He even looked like a passenger in a pre season friendly against a tier 6 reserves side
    Nothing pisses off fans more than shirking
    He enjoyed a few minutes keep-ball showboating at the end as Charlton sought to run down the clock

I'd genuinely be delighted to see him as a regular contributor in Charlton red (black/white/as applicable) but he needs to have had a total turnaround in attitude from everything he's shown to date.
    Breath.Not.Held
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Should never have been booed, it’s ridiculous and we got some right idiot fans. Same as Stockley. Never boo a current player, even if you don’t like them, and never boo a player who just left because he wasn’t part of us going forward anymore. Weird behaviour.

As I’ve said, Kirk may have improved since and credit if he has, think we need to put this all to bed though because he is here until January at least. The past is the past. He didn’t leave because no one wanted to take him, so whilst he is, I hope to see a significant improvement if/when he plays.

5 minutes yesterday where he put in a good ball for May is not something to judge on, it was a good ball but we shouldn’t over analyse that either, especially with what we’ve seen over the last 2 seasons.

Overall, I don’t mean to sound rude or harsh, I think he could really do with just a fresh start. Shame for all parties that it didn’t happen, but he might not have to wait too much longer for it.
    For me it was perhaps one of the best crosses I've seen from him since he joined us - Unfortunately / Frustratingly like you say, its taken two seasons for us to see that (I know he's got a few assists), and there is no guarantee we'll see him do it again.
    He’s the sort of player who will always get a few goals and assists if he gets the minutes, but the issues are with the rest of his game. He makes players like CBT look reliable defensively. He needs others to make up for his lack of energy but he’s never been good enough when attacking to justify that.

It worked for him at Crewe, so how were they playing him and what was he doing there that made him a stand out player?
    He had an over lapping wing back doing the running, so was harder to mark.
    Maybe we should have signed him
  • Sponsored links:

• Pickering I think went to Blackburn for seven figures? 
  • edited September 2023
    Has he just signed for Bromley? 

Edit: No he hasn't it's Alex Kirk from Arsenal 🤣🤣
  • For those saying the booing wasn't loud: I was sitting towards the back of the AC stand on the halfway line and could clearly hear it. 
  • Saw a new post and thought, oh! Kirkino must of scored a hatrick for Brazil...

Ridiculous, they ain't even playing!