Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Kirk again

Rumours of him back in talks with Blackpool 

Comments

• See ya 
  • Feel for Albie if this move happens. Sure he’ll have someone he knows, but it’s not what is going to benefit him for his career.

If we get anything around 60% or above of what we paid for Kirk, that’ll be a great deal.
  • Do Blackpool have a decent attacking left footed left back? He's far more effective with someone bombing on outside him.
  • Rumours of him back in talks with Blackpool 

I’ll drive him there
  • Fingers crossed.
    Morgan & Kirk would rule Blackpool out of the frame  :D
    Cheers 😀
  • Thought this might happen. Crichley rates him. Only DJ and Lavelle to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fingers crossed.
    Or more likely they’re both in the league one team of the season next year
    More chance of Charlton winning the league.
  • Sage said:
    Feel for Albie if this move happens. Sure he’ll have someone he knows, but it’s not what is going to benefit him for his career.

If we get anything around 60% or above of what we paid for Kirk, that’ll be a great deal.
    Having been in a squad together doesn't mean they have to be the next Kirk-Lavelle.
  • A good squad player 
  • I dislike players with talent but no fight in their belly to make the most of it. That is Kirk. Good luck elsewhere, will be delighted if we can move him on.
    He has fight, just at his own team mates when they don't pass him the ball. He can be a buy 1 get 2 free deal for DJ and Lavelle.
  • Fingers crossed.
    Or more likely they’re both in the league one team of the season next year
    "In the 92nd minute, Charlie Kirk skipped past Egbo and delivered a beautiful cross which was poorly cleared by the Addicks and Albie Morgan fired the loose ball home to give the Seasiders all 3 points. Full time Charlton 0 Blackpool 1".
  • Thought he was going to be absolutely fantastic when he signed , just hasn't worked out for whatever reason. Wish him all the best at Blackpool. 
  • Hopefully that means they will sign Sam Lavelle to be his babysitter like Burton did? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought his start to the season under Garner meant it was going to be his year. Still think he’s a good player that will probably go on to do well, but Holden definitely prefers more pace and work rate than Kirk offers so happy if we can move him on and get a fee 
  • I was fearful that we would keep Kirk and use him as Rak Saki's replacement. 
    Hopefully now this won't be the case.
    If you force-fed Rak-Sakyi Mogadon, he would still outperform Kirk.  ;)
    If you force-fed Rak-Sakyi Mogadon, he would still outperform Kirk.  ;)
    Yeah I know. 
    I was just worried that because he's still under contract Charlton would take the cheap option and keep him.
    Hopefully that won't happen. 
  • I felt a bit bad for him when he joined right after his dad died and was thrown into a totally inept team with the idea that he'd completely fix everything for us but my patience has run out to be honest. Garner should have been perfect for him. Possession-based, controlled football where he could play in his preferred position, wouldn't have to do an insane amount of running and just needed to work and create. The main thing I remember is Garner dropping him because he was so bad in training one week it had to be dealt with. Holden took one look at him and moved on. He didn't exactly light the room up at Burton either. I think he actually scored as many goals against them this season as he did for them, which is a weird statistic.
    Oddly though, his numbers actually weren't that bad for us this season. He ended up our 4th highest assist-maker in the league and 7th highest scorer. He got one less assist than Fraser and two less than Albie despite playing half the games they did for us. I admit I'm surprised by that. It seemed like him and Lavelle were mates; if only you could take Lavelle's initial effort and drive and Kirk's talent and put it into one player, you might actually have something there. Instead I won't be sorry to not see Kirk moping about the pitch anymore. I hope he finally figures himself out
    Yeah this. I don't think he's a bad player, I think he's had a tough time of it down here, and our setup hasn't done him any favors with no attacking LB to overlap him. As you say, when he plays, he contributes to goals. There's a player in there, but it's not working for him here, and it would be best for everyone if he just moves on. 

It's not like with Lavelle where he just isn't good enough, or with DJ where...he shows glimpses but I don't really know. With Kirk, it seems like a case of a player with talent not working out. It's a shame, but I think there are far worse transfer failures. 
  • SDAddick said:
    I felt a bit bad for him when he joined right after his dad died and was thrown into a totally inept team with the idea that he'd completely fix everything for us but my patience has run out to be honest. Garner should have been perfect for him. Possession-based, controlled football where he could play in his preferred position, wouldn't have to do an insane amount of running and just needed to work and create. The main thing I remember is Garner dropping him because he was so bad in training one week it had to be dealt with. Holden took one look at him and moved on. He didn't exactly light the room up at Burton either. I think he actually scored as many goals against them this season as he did for them, which is a weird statistic.
    Oddly though, his numbers actually weren't that bad for us this season. He ended up our 4th highest assist-maker in the league and 7th highest scorer. He got one less assist than Fraser and two less than Albie despite playing half the games they did for us. I admit I'm surprised by that. It seemed like him and Lavelle were mates; if only you could take Lavelle's initial effort and drive and Kirk's talent and put it into one player, you might actually have something there. Instead I won't be sorry to not see Kirk moping about the pitch anymore. I hope he finally figures himself out
    Yeah this. I don't think he's a bad player, I think he's had a tough time of it down here, and our setup hasn't done him any favors with no attacking LB to overlap him. As you say, when he plays, he contributes to goals. There's a player in there, but it's not working for him here, and it would be best for everyone if he just moves on. 

It's not like with Lavelle where he just isn't good enough, or with DJ where...he shows glimpses but I don't really know. With Kirk, it seems like a case of a player with talent not working out. It's a shame, but I think there are far worse transfer failures. 

Absolutely 100% agree with you , It's just not worked for him here - we've seen flashes , the lob away at Burton was an excellent finish and the through ball to set up CBT at home to Pompey when Garner used him as a No10 was superb. 

Just think it's never really going to work out here and it's best we get a fee for him and move on. Wouldn't be surprised if back under Critchley he really produces at Blackpool.
  • Richard J said:
    Thought this might happen. Crichley rates him. Only DJ and Lavelle to go.
    I still have hope for DJ. There’s a player in there if Dean can rebuild his confidence.
  • Cant we offer Blackpool a “Buy one get two free” deal?  Buy Kirk and we’ll Chuck in Mansfield and Lavelle. In fact, can we just give them all three?