Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Kirk again

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Sage said:
    Feel for Albie if this move happens. Sure he’ll have someone he knows, but it’s not what is going to benefit him for his career.

If we get anything around 60% or above of what we paid for Kirk, that’ll be a great deal.
    Having been in a squad together doesn't mean they have to be the next Kirk-Lavelle.
    My point actually has absolutely nothing to do with Lavelle, nor his friendship with Kirk.
  • edited June 2023
  • The glimpses of when i saw him, in the team he played for, before he joined us. I wasn't very much impressed and had no pace. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after his father passed and moving down South would probably take time. I give him great credit for that. He is a nice lad, but he is a northern lad and I think I read somewhere his girlfriend has a hairdressing business up north. I think the move to Blackpool would good all round for him. He gets to move back up north to be near friends and family and his girlfriend can carry on working in her hairdressers. It is a shame it hasn't worked for him, but I wish him well. 
  • edited June 2023
    Cant we offer Blackpool a “Buy one get two free” deal?  Buy Kirk and we’ll Chuck in Mansfield and Lavelle. In fact, can we just give them all three?
    what about buy one get Chuk free? 

sort our wage bill right out 
  • Good enough for us this season or time to move him on this month? 
  • edited August 2023
    I think he'll leave, but not until Deadline Day - Wont be surprised if its a loan
  • Still want him to come good but think it will happen elsewhere. Probably goes on deadline day once we've added some more attacking options.

Real shame it hasn't worked out for him for whatever reason because I was properly excited when he signed. 
  • Get rid. End of. 
  • Don't rate him, him and DJ are the most obvious ones to ship out if we can.
  • Sponsored links:

• He hasn't done it for us but is not as bad as some wish to portray. He could still turn things around for us. I admit it looks unlikely but I wouldn't write him off just yet.
  • He hasn't done it for us but is not as bad as some wish to portray. He could still turn things around for us. I admit it looks unlikely but I wouldn't write him off just yet.
    You see I have always hoped this of someone like DJ who, while I believe his time is up, I have never questioned his attitude or team work. I am just not quite sure he’s good enough.

Kirk on the other hand I do think is probably good enough but has the most terrible attitude on the pitch, never challenges or gets stuck in, never tries to take it past anyone, constantly berates others when they decide not to pass to him and when they do, he either does a little 5 yard pass that the other player could have done or tries some Hollywood pass that pays off one time in ten. This means his stats aren’t actually that bad and distort how little he actually does for the team.

His first touch and vision are easily good enough so I assume in training he looks excellent. But he just can’t do it in competitive football.
  • Not a fan. Just never looks that interested. 
  • Said before he’s a low tempo player - he needs others to do most of the running and the pressing. Not good enough to justify carrying, as soon as you lose a game with him in the team he’s someone you drop to add more energy and aggression. I just don’t see how he adds that to his game at his age.

A good example of how we need to recruit better, he looks like someone signed mainly based on his highlights video and stats.

What makes it worse is TS wanted an energetic high pressing team. That half a million plus wages could have been spent far better.
  • I'll try not to be too mean cause he is only human and the off chance he reads this but...100% move on. 

I don't know what the difference was at Crewe, whether it was lesser competition cause of league 2 or less pressure for playing for a smaller club, but he is a shadow of the player we saw in the Crewe highlights reel. 

Terrible work rates, isn't quick, never wins one on ones, always looks to pass it sideways or back, slows down our counter attacks and never looks 'up for it'. The saddest part for me is that even the stuff you expect him to be decent at, he isn't. His shooting isn't up to much and his passing isn't all that either. The only thing I can say positive that I have seen of him is that he has nice and natural control on the ball, the issue is he doesn't exploit it through lack of quality in other areas of his game.

I think he needs to rebuild in a lower league, needs personal coaching, needs to go on loan or have a change of scenery. The difference of our play when he gets subbed on/off is crazy. 

Was buzzing when he signed him but wouldn't be sorry to see him leave unfortunately, sorry Kirk

Going on loan you say, Blackpool and Burton had a look and were not interested, a bit like Kirk.
  • I'll try not to be too mean cause he is only human and the off chance he reads this but...100% move on. 

I don't know what the difference was at Crewe, whether it was lesser competition cause of league 2 or less pressure for playing for a smaller club, but he is a shadow of the player we saw in the Crewe highlights reel. 

Terrible work rates, isn't quick, never wins one on ones, always looks to pass it sideways or back, slows down our counter attacks and never looks 'up for it'. The saddest part for me is that even the stuff you expect him to be decent at, he isn't. His shooting isn't up to much and his passing isn't all that either. The only thing I can say positive that I have seen of him is that he has nice and natural control on the ball, the issue is he doesn't exploit it through lack of quality in other areas of his game.

I think he needs to rebuild in a lower league, needs personal coaching, needs to go on loan or have a change of scenery. The difference of our play when he gets subbed on/off is crazy. 

Was buzzing when he signed him but wouldn't be sorry to see him leave unfortunately, sorry Kirk

Going on loan you say, Blackpool and Burton had a look and were not interested, a bit like Kirk.
    i think blackpool wanted him but they didn't want to pay what they agreed at the start of the loan - they had form for trying to under-cut loan-to-buy deals. They certainly offered something this time last year though, probably more than we will ever get now. 
    Oh mate, he is. He really is. 

@thenewbie sums it up perfectly above.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    Not a fan. Just never looks that interested. 
    This - he always seems to look like is is out on the pitch under duress. I envisage Holden saying “get ready Charlie you are going on” and Kirk thinking “oh FFS, do I have to?”
  • I envisage him showing DH a note from his mum that says he's not well enough to play
  • We can’t carry any passengers this season if we are serious about going up. 
    He’s had plenty of opportunity (as stated above), time for him to move on. 
  • But if he had scored, some would berate him for giving away possession. 
  • i know its not nice and hopefully he doesn't read this forum but yesterday reinforced for me the most accurate description about him i've heard when somebody on this forum said 'he's a minge of a footballer' - that summation is perfect - take a bow, son, take a bow 
  • I defended him but watched him again yesterday.
    He reminded me of someone playing Vets football. 
    I really don't think he's going to provide the intensity Holden will be looking for this year.
  • Like Simon Francis when he was here, you just get the feeling it's never going to work for him at CAFC. 

Yesterday's cameo was dreadful all round.

Hopefully we can move him on somehow.