Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Kirk again

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    First touch he brought down a tricky ball and stuck a good ball in that could easily have been stuck away. He's a decent footballer and we haven't seen the best of him. If he's such a bad egg why did Pearce pick him today?
    Who else was he going to put on the bench?
    Dunno but the point is if he's a bad egg why pick him at all? Could have put Rylah on the bench?
  • Did alright but not sure he will get much game time. He's behind Tyreece and CBT for the wide positions and probably Chem and Miles too (assuming they aren't being used centrally). 

Good to know we have the option to use him if needed 
  • He was booed coming on?

My word, our fan base is toxic.
    By a minority. Kim Grantesque moment.
  • Grrrr!  I hate their ilk!
  • Sponsored links:

• He offers something different (very occasionally). I thought he played a great early ball into may which may just couldn't get on the end of. 

He will get very limited game time but that's not his fault, don't understand why he was booed 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    He was booed coming on?

My word, our fan base is toxic.
    Honestly disgraceful behaviour, yeah it's not worked out for him but it's not as if he's come out and said he hates it at Charlton and can't wait to leave 
    Agreed. Probably the same morons who were trying to get a chant going of we're fucking shit after 25 minutes today.  
  • He did the bare minimum expected of him, that cross was perfect though. May should really have buried that. 2 swipes and misses in a game, but still scored two!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    He did the bare minimum expected of him, that cross was perfect though. May should really have buried that. 2 swipes and misses in a game, but still scored two!
    Stockley dropped deep, took the ball on his chest and laid it off and made a good run to the far post to nod home. Him dropping deep meant that Anderson picked him up and tracked him, our centre backs didn't see the danger.

I disagree, I think he did very for creating the goal and finishing it. It' was the kind of in game intelligence we lack
  • Dazzler21 said:
    He did the bare minimum expected of him, that cross was perfect though. May should really have buried that. 2 swipes and misses in a game, but still scored two!
    Stockley dropped deep, took the ball on his chest and laid it off and made a good run to the far post to nod home. Him dropping deep meant that Anderson picked him up and tracked him, our centre backs didn't see the danger.

I disagree, I think he did very for creating the goal and finishing it. It' was the kind of in game intelligence we lack
    Daz is speaking about Kirk
  • Yep he crossed the ball in and it nearly went to a player. Keep up the good work!
  • I think Pearce picked Kirk, and played him for a little bit, because as a sensitive and thoughtful experienced football insider Pearce knows when a player feels down on his luck, and needs a little bit of love and respect.

On another note the warm up was different yesterday and it was pretty fascinating watching Pearce himself out there and working with the players.

None of this excuses being played off the park by Fleetwood for the first 40 minutes.
  • Just to point out some reality, Kirk came on in the 97th minute. Ideal for him. 

I'm happy he did something, but would prefer to see him contribute for longer than 5 mins.
  • Pearce is clearly one of the lads and in the short term at least that can get you somewhere.
  • seth plum said:
    I think Pearce picked Kirk, and played him for a little bit, because as a sensitive and thoughtful experienced football insider Pearce knows when a player feels down on his luck, and needs a little bit of love and respect.

On another note the warm up was different yesterday and it was pretty fascinating watching Pearce himself out there and working with the players.

None of this excuses being played off the park by Fleetwood for the first 40 minutes.
    I really hope our manager isn't brining anyone on in a game, at 2-1, when we have already conceded a plethora of late goals to give them a nice warm tingle in their tum tum.

As a thoughtful experienced football insider he knows the value of 3 points, especially in our situation.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Daz is speaking about Kirk
    #oooopppssss
  • edited September 2023
    Charlie Kirk needs to get away from Cafc and the boo boys and social media cretins.  (The direct messaging to a personal account) he has a good long contract but it's catch 22 situation where we would pay 75% of his wages to a League 1 or 2 club. 

I know it gets political at clubs when they want to move players on and that's why you hear of well paid players out of the squads and training with the U18 etc 

That isn't the case(at present) with Kirk and when or if we have most of our players fit, I would image he won't be in the 18 man squad. 

New manager may disagree !