Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovision Song Contest 2023 Liverpool (on behalf of Ukraine)

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Ukraine probably edge of the top 10 this year at best. Think anything from 2nd down is wide open though. 
    I bow to your knowledge sir, I know nothing about this competition and not even sure why I am here. Certainly won’t be watching it so those of you that do………… enjoy!!
  • Options
    Schoolkids don't seem to be interested in Eurovision. I asked my Year 10 tutor group if anyone would be watching and barely anyone said they would be (too embarrassed to admit to it?). Another colleague confirmed the same with her class. One lad asked, 'What's Eurovision?' They scored our entry this year as 1 out of 10. Sam Ryder was about 5/10.
  • Options
    😴😴😴
  • Options
    Australia all the way for me. A genuinely good song with a sprinkling of Eurovision cheese. Solid musicians and vocalist too.
  • Options
    Might actually watch it this year, for the first time in an age.

Apparently you can select an alternative Scouse commentary. Not sure exactly how, presumably a red button thing, its provided by BBC Merseyside, just heard the guy who’s doing it. Obvs a lot of you on here are going to be very excited to choose that😉😂
  • Options
    I don’t mind the song but for some reason I don’t warm to our singer this year. 

• Options
    Schoolkids don't seem to be interested in Eurovision. I asked my Year 10 tutor group if anyone would be watching and barely anyone said they would be (too embarrassed to admit to it?). Another colleague confirmed the same with her class. One lad asked, 'What's Eurovision?' They scored our entry this year as 1 out of 10. Sam Ryder was about 5/10.
    It's a kitch, nostalgic type event.. when I was that age I'd have had zero interest either ! ..I  was eaiting pills in fields or a warehouse, certainly not sat at home on a Saturday night with me mum.
  • Options
    Little Miss Idle (28) is massively into Eurovision, has been since she was a little kid, to the extent she and her friends do a eurovision podcast every year, so i feel slightly obliged to take an interest. Having sat through the semi finals I've decided to have my ears syringed, the difference being I've asked them to put the wax IN. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Apparently she was the little girl in the Mika Grace Kelly video.

I like our entry but the Moldovan one is irritatingly catchy.
  • Options
    Our entry is fine but it doesn't really stand out? Even closing doesn't help when we follow the craziness of Croatia 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might actually watch it this year, for the first time in an age.

Apparently you can select an alternative Scouse commentary. Not sure exactly how, presumably a red button thing, its provided by BBC Merseyside, just heard the guy who’s doing it. Obvs a lot of you on here are going to be very excited to choose that😉😂
    Will it be Craig Charles like when he commentated on Robot Wars?
  • Options
    I think the UK song needs the volume up as high as possible. 
  • Options
    I think the UK song needs the volume up as high as possible. 

As opposed to many of the songs when it's best to use the mute button 🙉
  • Options
    For the sake of Ukraine I hope this all goes well and is watched by many millions the world wide.
    Proud that The UK have taken on this project, however I shall not be changing the habit of a lifetime, so I won’t be watching.
    Good luck to one and all.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    MrOneLung said:

Apparently she was the little girl in the Mika Grace Kelly video.

I like our entry but the Moldovan one is irritatingly catchy.
    A lot of being successful is having a song that creates an ear worm, the songs get a lot more airtime outside the UK, which is why many tunes that we don't get are, to us, surprisingly successful in the popular vote (aside from the nakedly political votes).

Edit.  That is why Stefania won last year, even with the massive pro-Ukraine emotional reaction, it gained equal traction because the tune was really catchy.
  • Options
    Have just seen our entry - she reminds me of the sweary one from Derry Girls.
  • Options
    I reckon the winner will be (and I have yet to hear one song) .. UKRAINE again .. but the ESC is strictly non political 
  • Options
    I reckon the winner will be (and I have yet to hear one song) .. UKRAINE again .. but the ESC is strictly non political 
    12/1 if you fancy a flutter
  • Options
    Managed to avoid this for years but succumbed tonight. Did someone say Australia are in it? WTF’s that about????
  • Options
    Managed to avoid this for years but succumbed tonight. Did someone say Australia are in it? WTF’s that about????
    Tut tut, get with the programme .... grandad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sweden....mining????...0000 here 
  • Options
    That Sweden one is favourite?  Was alright but not convinced.
  • Options
    Any chance we could actually have a song amongst all the shouting, screaming & wailing. 

What's wrong with a good old Waterloo,  Making your mind up or even Life shine a light. Even What's Another Year had something about it  
  • Options
    Think Dean should wear that vest on the touchline next season
  • Options
    Sweden was pretty average - wtf were the nails about?
  • Options
    Not sure. Haven't heard their one yet 😉
  • Options
    They’ve been in it almost ten years now!
  • Options
    Go on Finland!
  • Options
    Finland by a mile so far.