Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovision Song Contest 2023 Liverpool (on behalf of Ukraine)

Comments

• Options
    Only caught the last 10 mins tonight as I wanted to watch the 10 o'clock news....which started at 10 past 😡.

Did I hear correct that the UK are in the 2nd semi-final  ??? WTF !!!

We're hosting the damn thing (that is costing millions) and we would have won it last year if it wasn't for the fact it was only the people's vote that swung it in Ukraine's favour due to the war.

The rest of the EU countries (plus Oz and Israel) should be kissing our arses for hosting the bloody thing AND we should have automatically been in the final.

And people wonder why 52% voted LEAVE. 

I really now hope that the UK don't qualify. Fuck 'em. 
    No UK never have to go through the semi final stage because we are one of the big 4 that pay fir the tournament 
  • Options
    Can someone please explain to me how on earth the Swiss and Serbian entries made it through to the final? I thought they were terrible! 
    Funny old world, I thought Serbia was one of the better efforts. Maybe because he wrote it himself I was swayed that way?   
  • Options
    Serbia I thought was decent enough, typical slightly weird Eurovision entry and the staging helped it. 

Switzerland just felt very current and it could happily slide onto Radio 1 or something. Remo had good vocals that probably helped.
  • Options
    I gave it a go after watching the football. Saw some weirdo dressed like Stalin singing out of tune in a foreign language and jacked it in. Awful.
  • Options
    I gave it a go after watching the football. Saw some weirdo dressed like Stalin singing out of tune in a foreign language and jacked it in. Awful.
    I’m afraid that’s part of the attraction of Eurovision.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I couldn’t bring myself to watch last night, the football was entertaining enough.
    I’m glad Ireland didn’t get through though.
    It wasn’t a great song & the band were a bit meh. Don’t think their hearts were really in it.

I’ll save myself for the final.
    😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The sad thing about Eurovision now is everyone (well mostly) take it seriously and now enter professionals and better quality music, not the silly Finland type songs anymore. 
    A lot of people used to tune in just for the silliness of it all, now it’s just like a European Xfactor
  • Options
    Is this your first time watching eurovision?
    Pretty much yeah. I've seen clips before, but usually of our mob. Sam Ryder is an excellent singer.

Im not knocking anyone that watches it, each to their own and all that.
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    The sad thing about Eurovision now is everyone (well mostly) take it seriously and now enter professionals and better quality music, not the silly Finland type songs anymore. 
    A lot of people used to tune in just for the silliness of it all, now it’s just like a European Xfactor
    Finland are second favourites so fingers crossed they win.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I liked the Swedish song which had big Kate Bush vibes. I thought Sweden had the best song last year which was better than this year's though it didn't win. We all have different musical tastes and I have given up picking a winner but I can identify a strong song from a weak one. The UK song is strong, very strong, but I doubt it will appeal to enough to win. 

Mind you, the Ukraine singer can probably take a dump on the stage and still win!
  • Options
    The Eurovision Song contest is Bonkers:
    Always has been and always will be. Kitsch,Garish, pastiche, whimsy and one of the highlights and best parties a lot of gay folk have in the year? According to my gay acquaintances !
    It can be rubbish and brilliant at the same time. I always watch the voting and don't like new system when Ukraine won because of the sympathy vote from the public even though it was a wonderful gesture after the invasion by the dirty bastad Putin. Sam Ryder was excellent and had a great attitude to the crazy show.

It's visual, OTT and artistic in a esoteric way.
    Long may it last what ever your sexual orientation; the milkmaid sitting on the stall with the low cut top was one of my favourites. I can't remember what her voice was like 🤔 

Beware of pick pockets if you are going as there are lots of scallywags around.
  • Options
    I liked the Swedish song which had big Kate Bush vibes. I thought Sweden had the best song last year which was better than this year's though it didn't win. We all have different musical tastes and I have given up picking a winner but I can identify a strong song from a weak one. The UK song is strong, very strong, but I doubt it will appeal to enough to win. 

Mind you, the Ukraine singer can probably take a dump on the stage and still win!
    This years Swedish entrant won it about six years ago with Euphoria, got a good chance this year I reckon. Our entry this year is a strong Eurovision song in my opinion, should do well in my opinion.
  • Options
    Bloke at works wife and daughter gone today for the afternoon rehearsal. Said they paid £200 a ticket what does the final cost.
    think they need there heads testing paying that to watch a load of shit singers sooner watch karaoke.not much difference. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Bloke at works wife and daughter gone today for the afternoon rehearsal. Said they paid £200 a ticket what does the final cost.
    think they need there heads testing paying that to watch a load of shit singers sooner watch karaoke.not much difference. 
    My Mrs and her sister, as I've said, went to Tuesday's 1st Semifinal, their tickets were £300 each!  However it was on her bucket list, so once she got them she wasn't going to sell, but apparently some people were offering £000's to buy them. I heard that 1 pair went for £11k!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't expect to see Tommy and Martin representing Denmark tonight... Now we know where the Summer Transfer Budget has gone!! 
  • Options
    Thought last night's semi final was a lot weaker than Tuesday nights. Australia and Slovenia were the only real stand outs to me. I expected more from Austria but it felt a bit flat live. 

The running order for the final is going to be very very interesting. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Thought last night's semi final was a lot weaker than Tuesday nights. Australia and Slovenia were the only real stand outs to me. I expected more from Austria but it felt a bit flat live. 

Yes, totally agree. Although I thought the best two were Austria and Poland though neither will be bothering the top songs. I think the UK song needed a great staging to elevate it and from what I saw from the snippet they showed last night, it is not getting that. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Yes, totally agree. Although I thought the best two were Austria and Poland though neither will be bothering the top songs. I think the UK song needed a great staging to elevate it and from what I saw from the snippet they showed last night, it is not getting that. 
    Yep, we thought last night's were very poor overall and the winner will come from the first semi or the big 5. Maybe Belgium have a chance as an outsider but basing that mostly on his hat...
  • Options

MarcusH26 said:

Yep, we thought last night's were very poor overall and the winner will come from the first semi or the big 5. Maybe Belgium have a chance as an outsider but basing that mostly on his hat...
    The Belgian song sounded to me like something Simply Red would do, except the Belgian singer is far less irritating than Mick Hucknall

• Options

• Options
    No idea on the other entries but I can’t see past a win for Ukraine 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I think they had the political/sympathy/ solidarity vote last year, they won't get it as much again.
  • Options
    I think they had the political/sympathy/ solidarity vote last year, they won't get it as much again.
    Ah never knew that 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Ukraine probably edge of the top 10 this year at best. Think anything from 2nd down is wide open though.