Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eurovision Song Contest 2023 Liverpool (on behalf of Ukraine)

Just started going through the songs and heard most up to Greece- well I'm quite impressed I think a lot of them have "pop-pickers" merit. If you like the crazy stuff then try Croatia-bizarre Hitler/Stalin figure at times in a negligee, Heavy Metal? well Germany's the one for you. Into Adele? well try Alika (forgotten which nation but its there between A-G) , bit of Lady GaGa (in French)...
looks like it will be a great show. I used to just watch the scoring as it was the most interesting part-insight into European politics- but that was years ago ...now it's the best show of the year.
Why didn't they combine it with the Coronation?

Comments

• Finland for me this year
  • edited May 2023
    Lovely little promo for the event produced by the BBC, including a cameo from Paul O'Grady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZw5mz5h0aQ
  • Think it's between Sweden,Finland and France for the win. Loreen coming back to try and win for a second time could take some stopping. 

I'd take anything inside the top 10 for the UK , I preferred last year's entry with Sam Ryder but this years entry seems to be a fairly catchy piece of chart pop. 
  • Is the reason they've given the gig to Liverpool down to the fact that they don't consider themselves part of the UK and therefore a neutral state?

In which case I presume they're paying for it, yeah?
  • San Marino all the way 
  • How do people have any idea before the night? Do people actually research the acts?
  • How do people have any idea before the night? Do people actually research the acts?
    Look the betting favourites and just listen to the first couple of songs.
  • My mrs ( Irish ) is massively into Eurovision she’s been several before. 

She’s going to the live show on Friday night which is basically the show without the voting. 
  • Strangely I quite enjoyed listening to the UK entry (not heard any of the others yet).
    No longer a surprise on the night, all the tunes are on the streaming services for months before 
  • Sponsored links:

• proper decent viewing for a few sorts aswell usually. 
  • edited May 2023
    Just listened to the Portuguese and UK entries on the back of this thread. Pt one is (say it quietly) rather Spanish sounding - it's not bad though, I confess I quite like the UK one, typical catchy europop, I think it will do okay. 
  • proper decent viewing for a few sorts aswell usually. 
    'Specially the ones with beards 👍
  • It's all about the Cha cha cha this year 
  • I'm worried that holding the Eurovision song contest in Liverpool may mean the wheels will come off. 
  • My Mrs and her sister have got tickets for tonight's semi finals, they've been in Liverpool since about 2pm and says that it is absolutely buzzing and everyone is friendly and enjoying themselves. There is also a lot of info about Ukraine with exhibitions etc.

• My Mrs and her sister have got tickets for tonight's semi finals, they've been in Liverpool since about 2pm and says that it is absolutely buzzing and everyone is friendly and enjoying themselves. There is also a lot of info about Ukraine with exhibitions etc.

Bin dippers do like a good pill, or any sort really. 
  • I’m liking the presenters already! 
  • Alesha Dixon rapping is one of the more embrassing things I’ve seen 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croatia. Mental.  :D
  • Croatia to win. Second best song ever!
  • Croatia. Mental.  :D
    Mental as in crap?
  • Do like Ireland’s track but can’t see them going through 
  • Pleased to see a fair few whacko entries: Croatia, Finland and Moldova especially
  • Israel and Rita ora the highlights of the eve 
  • Can someone please explain to me how on earth the Swiss and Serbian entries made it through to the final? I thought they were terrible! 
  • The irish, Malta and Azerbaijan entries were good I thought and deserved to go through. 
  • edited May 2023
    Well the running order draw for the final has thrown up potential chaos (The UK are going last in the final ) but having the 2 fan favourites in Sweden and Finland plus France,Italy and Spain all in the first half of the final is going to be very very interesting.